Robbie Farah..Discussion Thread.....

Wests Tigers Discussion
formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Tigers are poised to part company with club legend Robbie Farah

Post by formerguest » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 5:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:...and the troll gets his ultimate desire, the thread derailed, off topic and about himself....
Don't know what his motives are, but he was sure aiming at the COACH this, the COACH that, COACH......, COACH......, in possibly his first post that I read whilst having lunch.

bobo125

Post by bobo125 » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 5:32 pm

Abraham wrote:Just watched the interviews.

JTs was cringe worthy. Amateurish and he certainly did not look comfortable under the circumstances.
mate, this is how he is ALL the time.
go back and watch the press box after games where he babbles on - contradicting himself non stop.
And thats really just scratching the surface of how he is.
In my opinion, hes not a professional coach.
he didnt take the roosters to the grand final.
He didnt implement the roosters style of play.
his role was to work with 2 players almost part time while a very very good coach set the plan and managed the team.
trent robinson, wayne bennet phil gould, these guys are good coaches.
These guys identify players, identify the skills they have and what they bring or can bring to a team.
They DONT say - stop playing how youve played all your life or the way thats earned you a first grade spot and play MY way.
its ridiculous.
Any professional athlete or coaching staff member will tell you - thats the opposite of how you coach a young team.
Theres young kids in the team that week in week out look at him "whinging" and think... "nothing you have said has worked and your blaming us" !!!!
Older guys in the team look at him thinking - "is this guy serious"

This is not about letting him sort a inherited mess, this is about his inability to coach,manage and inspire a first grade team.
Ask anyone who played under him at south what they really think of him.
Ask senior tigers legends what they have made of him thus far
Ask Wayne pearce if he would ever encourage his SON to play or even listen to anything Taylor has to say.
better still and again - ask any senior NRL player i they would want to be coached by him.
Tigers have made some aweful decisions in the past.
Hiring jason taylor is proving to be what could be the final blow.
sad to say it buts true.

bobo125

Post by bobo125 » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 5:38 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Wow!!

You must be in the know. Let us see what you have stated as FACT.

1. Sacking Potter was a major blunder.
2. It is Taylor's decision to sack Farah, not the Board.
3. We will lose our young stars.
4. No senior player in the NRL wants to be coached by Taylor.
5. Managers of players, I assume from our club, are lining up to pull their players out.
6. As a coach he is not respected.

You also say that "the proof is in the pudding" Well, let's see your proof, or even your pudding. You my friend have no idea.

You do know that it was the previous administration that caused this mess?

You do know that Farah has been playing like a busted for quite some time now?

You do know that we have a HUGE salary cap problem caused by said previous admin? If the club is any chance of being competitive over the next couple of years, then hard decisions have to be made. Some of you might not like those decisions, but rational people will see that things have to change.

It would appear that the changes are just starting. Not before time either.

is this mr Taylor himself ???

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 5:48 pm

Poor bitter pea heart Timmy....boot off to Manly now you coward

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 5:57 pm

Don't feed the troll. Don't even look under the bridge.
"Quality Stupidity"

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 5:59 pm

By the way, an interesting coincidence. In the local indigenous language bobo, boh boh means goodbye.
Bobo!
"Quality Stupidity"

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 6:16 pm

innsaneink wrote:Poor bitter pea heart Timmy....boot off to Manly now you coward
Absolute scum bag. He's a reserve grader at best and thinks his comments are relevant. He wont last a year at Manly. He'll be punted and Saints will take him.

Pedro m

Post by Pedro m » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 6:18 pm

I wonder if Farrah would consider a pay cut to stay seeing as he is under performing, I've never made massive money so I don't know how it would effect your social life

bobo125

Post by bobo125 » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 6:30 pm

NT Tiger wrote:By the way, an interesting coincidence. In the local indigenous language bobo, boh boh means goodbye.
Bobo!

mate you guys are jumping at shadows.
i dont play for and have never played for the tigers.
my comments are based on my observations and experience in similar environments.

if we take the names of those involved out it goes something like this....

The tigers released a statement that they are releasing their captain due to salary cap issues:
However, at this late stage of the season, it will be difficult for the player to gain another contract and even if he was able to, the Tigers would still be left to pay a considerably large amount of that contract.
therefore your paying for someone you dont even have.
Salary cap pressure excuse - obviously false.

Tigers state the board met to make the hard call.
The board make decisions regarding the TEAM based on the communication from the coach.

The board states they will show the captain utmost respect at this time.
The coach however tells the captain, should he stay - he will play reserve grade.

The mess that is apparently the problem here is not the coachs fault.
The mess that is the problem here was used when deciding to let Galloway, richards and possibly lawrence go.
whos decisions are those ? board or coach or the players themselves ?

A shakeout can be a good thing if you have the team, the staff and the overall plan all in sync.
Its clear the team and coach are not the same page..... the performances when under the coaches direct have been dismal.
the performances when "they have been allowed" to play a little free - have been completely oppositie.

your captain has been punted by the coach.
the entire league community can see this.
its one thing to be hopeful and wanting to give the coach a chance, but with both eyes open and looking back over the season, watching the videos of interviews with players and the coach or the coach over several time frames you will see that not all has been well at the tigers for some time.

benny ellias came out of the wood work today to express his shock at the coaches decision.
i wonder what hes told moses to do or watch out for ?
what do you thing Sironen snr will be telling his sons tonight....

so whilst you may want to disregard what im saying as merely coach bashing.... its all their for everyone to see.
There is a lot of conversation today off line about how incompetent the coach is and how he has had a very major negative impact on this young team.
As fans of the club, if you support the coach, its going to be tuff period whist hes at the club.
and yes, young guns will not stay.

TigerOfBankstown

Post by TigerOfBankstown » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 6:49 pm

The status quo is all too convenient for the board and coach. Whilst Farah is well past his prime, the timing is ridiculous, what the board and coach is saying is "yes we are last, though we are trying hard to change that but Robbie ate our money, now that Robbie is gone we can move forward with implementing our system, just believe in us blindly, well unleast until we move onto our next job."

Anyway, can anyone really justify the wooden spoon this year? I thought we started to rebuild when sheens left? Yet here we are last on the table and nor the admin or coach is willing to explain why we are where we are? Oh I forgot we are rebuilding and putting in new systems trying to reinvent the wheel, oh and that evil salary cap and previous board and coach.

The current mob should be busy showing us what they can do for the club, not blame others In order to justify there existence.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 6:50 pm

bobo125 wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:By the way, an interesting coincidence. In the local indigenous language bobo, boh boh means goodbye.
Bobo!

my comments are based on my observations and experience in similar environments.

The tigers released a statement that they are releasing their captain due to salary cap issues:
However, at this late stage of the season, it will be difficult for the player to gain another contract and even if he was able to, the Tigers would still be left to pay a considerably large amount of that contract.

The board make decisions regarding the TEAM based on the communication from the coach.

The coach however tells the captain, should he stay - he will play reserve grade.

The mess that is the problem here was used when deciding to let Galloway, richards and possibly lawrence go.

A shakeout can be a good thing if you have the team, the staff and the overall plan all in sync.
Its clear the team and coach are not the same page..... the performances when under the coaches direct have been dismal.
the performances when "they have been allowed" to play a little free - have been completely oppositie.

its one thing to be hopeful and wanting to give the coach a chance, but with both eyes open and looking back over the season, watching the videos of interviews with players and the coach or the coach over several time frames you will see that not all has been well at the tigers for some time.

benny ellias came out of the wood work today to express his shock at the coaches decision.

so whilst you may want to disregard what im saying as merely coach bashing.... its all their for everyone to see.
There is a lot of conversation today off line about how incompetent the coach is and how he has had a very major negative impact on this young team.
As fans of the club, if you support the coach, its going to be tuff period whist hes at the club.

For God's sake stop babbling.

You would not know a fact if it bit you on the backside.

Give it and us a rest.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 6:52 pm

This is a big call. But it's not the size of the call that is the issue. It's the lack of respect for Farah to find another club and us a ready made replacement.
Cherrington isn't ready for constant first grade. Farah hasn't been great this year but the other options aren't anywhere near good enough.
I thought Farah would have been our first long serving sole club player after Benji left. But this clubs past management has ensured we need to alleviate the salary cap mess we find ourselves in. So we'll pay him to play somewhere else next season but apparently have to so we have some salary cap space.
I'm so envious of the clubs with good management where this isn't an issue. We are a joke.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

radiowave82

Post by radiowave82 » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 6:56 pm

The following can't be true can it? If it is, I just don't understand the decision regarding Farah in the slightest... Channel 7 news said during sport that Wests Tigers will have to pay out the ENTIRETY of Robbie Farah's contract...

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 7:03 pm

bobo125 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:.......How do we stop Taylor from killing OUR careers?
That little slip raises some questions.

Who are you?, you only joined today, a disgruntled player perhaps, Robbie or Moltzen....
Well spotted PrattenPark.

I noticed Bobo joined today, found that odd....but yes that quote I missed, very interesting

dont jump at shadows boys.
I couldnt be a player and be at training and here on this forum at the same time could i ?
If your in the rehab group, it could be a possibility.

On that note, maybe you are Moltzen. He'd have his own office in that building?!

"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 7:03 pm

While Taylor bashing continues I notice grant Mayer hasn't come out from under his rock today on Twitter.

bobo125

Post by bobo125 » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 7:05 pm

magpiecol wrote:

Give it and us a rest.

hahahaha cant stand the heat in the kitchen hey buddy ?
what i said in this post has all been reported openly all day.
ive been merely adding my comments and insight into the situation here to highlight what a debacle your coach is.
If you are a fan of his, i get it. i feel sorry for you but i get it.
but if you are a fan of your club the tigers, how could you argue with any of this.
its all common sense mate.
whether you like robbie or not, this is now how you behave professionally.
the coach and club saying things that are obviously not true and or contradictory, and over the corse of the day revealing them to be just that - not true.

we need to free up some salary cap $$ so we'll dump him but still pay the balance or if not pay him in full while he plays reserve grade ...

ummmmmmm come on mate even you must see this for what it is.

THE POM

Post by THE POM » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 7:05 pm

Ed Reschs wrote:While Taylor bashing continues I notice grant Mayer hasn't come out from under his rock today on Twitter.

Why would he ?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 26 Aug, 2015 7:06 pm

magpiecol wrote:
bobo125 wrote:
Bobo!

Give it and us a rest.
They'll probably stay at least long enough to collect their 1.2 million dollars for next year,
But after that could be a whole new story, although as they would have to earn their spot in any other club, maybe they'll stay longer.
If they are even close to the sort of player that some here think, they need to get as far away from Taylor's coaching as they can and not waste another year marking time.