2016 inexperience

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tiger1995

2016 inexperience

Post by Tiger1995 » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 8:55 pm

Hey guys first post, with the club offloading or trying to offload Galloway Farah Lawrence Richards and I doubt they will resign halatau, who will lead the side?

I think most would agree it will be woods, but with no experienced recruitment for next year do we have hope at all in making the 8

And if Cherington is first choice number 9 that's got to be the most inexperienced spine and with woods being the most experienced player in the team on just over 100 games

Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on next years squads lack of experience

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 8:58 pm

It's a worry, however i'd rather have that worry than having the idea that someone is knifing our team from the inside.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:01 pm

Will be Woods, should be Lawrence.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:08 pm

I'd go with the theory that these kids are our future.

Curtis Sironen is the Leader of these young men, not Aaron.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:10 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:I'd go with the theory that these kids are our future.

Curtis Sironen is the Leader of these young men, not Aaron.

Yeah i think he may go with one of the young ones, Teddy may be an option aswell.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:11 pm

underdog wrote:It's a worry, however i'd rather have that worry than having the idea that someone is knifing our team from the inside.
The only knifing is coming from the coach! I doubt we will be able to field a decent side next year if we get hit with injuries!
Last edited by sheer64 on Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:12 pm

Surely if Farah goes , Halatau will get one more year ?
He'd be my choice of leading the pack next year .

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

lathami

Post by lathami » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:22 pm

A non rugby league board and inexperienced coach, making massive decisions.
Way to go!!!
Hope it works out, no players will come here after we show how we treat a club legend!

smithy

Post by smithy » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:22 pm

I hate to say it but I cant see us winning too many games next year.marina go said she expects us to climb the ladder next year around the eight but honestly shes dreaming.with only about 20 players on our books next year I don't know where the other 5 to 8 will come from.its all and good to keep on blooding young guys but when they get thumped week after week heads will drop.players like joel luani,jack buchanan and kurtis rowe are not first graders and never will be and cant be re-signed.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:23 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:Surely if Farah goes , Halatau will get one more year ?
He'd be my choice of leading the pack next year .

What's wrong with Chee Cam
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:36 pm

lathami wrote:A non rugby league board and inexperienced coach, making massive decisions.
Way to go!!!
Hope it works out, no players will come here after we show how we treat a club legend!
They do have Phil Moss who is quite experienced. From tigers website in September 2014......"Moss will take on the newly created General Manager of Football Operations role, having most recently held a similar position at the Penrith Panthers. Moss also spent eight years at the Parramatta Eels with his most recent position as Chief Operating Officer"

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sat 29 Aug, 2015 3:44 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Will be Woods, should be Lawrence.
I agree. The captains biggest role in the modern game is manipulating/managing the refs. No doubt Wwodsman could lead by example but I think you need someone well-spoken who can rationalize coherently with the refs. I love Woods as a player and as a character but I think he's more likely to get the refs offside by making smartass comments. If Lawrence isn't there then Woods or Halatau.

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sat 29 Aug, 2015 9:00 am

any seasoned former nrl players in esl that are looking to come back?

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 29 Aug, 2015 9:07 am

My money would be on Lawrence. Experience, demonstrated commitment, respected by the playing group, willing to do whatever is necessary.

I like Sironen or Woods to drive team motivation, vice captains.
"Quality Stupidity"

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sat 29 Aug, 2015 1:08 pm

The man who i think will be the future captain not next year but defiantly will be in the future is Mitch Moses plays and acts like a leader

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 29 Aug, 2015 1:14 pm

Tbone wrote:
I agree. The captains biggest role in the modern game is manipulating/managing the refs. No doubt Wwodsman could lead by example but I think you need someone well-spoken who can rationalize coherently with the refs. I love Woods as a player and as a character but I think he's more likely to get the refs offside by making smartass comments. If Lawrence isn't there then Woods or Halatau.
Woods is a class clown, not a captain.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 29 Aug, 2015 4:06 pm

[quote="smithy"]I hate to say it but I cant see us winning too many games next year.marina go said she expects us to climb the ladder next year around the eight but honestly shes dreaming.with only about 20 players on our books next year I don't know where the other 5 to 8 will come from.its all and good to keep on blooding young guys but when they get thumped week after week heads will drop.players like joel luani,jack buchanan and kurtis rowe are not first graders and never will be and cant be re-signed.[/quote

Doesn't matter, we've got a team of superstars, don't need any experience or a leader, we'll just wing it. :lol:

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 29 Aug, 2015 4:09 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tbone wrote:
Woods is a class clown, not a captain.
Lawrence would do me.