Improvement

Wests Tigers Discussion
magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3214
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Improvement

Post by magpiecol » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 5:30 pm

TYGA wrote:We were much worse this year given the position we were in before Potter was white anted by Mayer in 2014 and we copped a horror run of injuries. Why are people looking to use stats to back up a horrendous year. It has been poor and not acceptable. Taylor should be given until mid year if we aren't gong well he needs to be advised he is unwanted for 2017 and he is FREE TO NEGOTIATE WITH OTHER CLUBS so we have a decent coach for 2017 when we should have money to spend.

Mark my words if Taylor leaves the Tigers he will never be a head coach of any other club in the NRL. He just isn't up to it. The only people on the planet that think otherwise are our board and this Forum.

It has been a fairly good year. It has not been poor at all. Not many games this year that we could not have won. Anyway, let's see how we go next year.

As far as Taylor is concerned, I know lots of people on this planet who believe that Taylor is a good coach, as do I and, according to Farah, so does Farah.


Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3196
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 5:43 pm

magpiecol wrote:
TYGA wrote:We were much worse this year given the position we were in before Potter was white anted by Mayer in 2014 and we copped a horror run of injuries. Why are people looking to use stats to back up a horrendous year. It has been poor and not acceptable. Taylor should be given until mid year if we aren't gong well he needs to be advised he is unwanted for 2017 and he is FREE TO NEGOTIATE WITH OTHER CLUBS so we have a decent coach for 2017 when we should have money to spend.

Mark my words if Taylor leaves the Tigers he will never be a head coach of any other club in the NRL. He just isn't up to it. The only people on the planet that think otherwise are our board and this Forum.

It has been a fairly good year. It has not been poor at all. Not many games this year that we could not have won. Anyway, let's see how we go next year.

As far as Taylor is concerned, I know lots of people on this planet who believe that Taylor is a good coach, as do I and, according to Farah, so does Farah.
TYGA a very good and accurate summary of our season.

User avatar
Peaches
Member
Member
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Mount Pritchard

Post by Peaches » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 5:55 pm

TYGA wrote:We were much worse this year given the position we were in before Potter was white anted by Mayer in 2014 and we copped a horror run of injuries. Why are people looking to use stats to back up a horrendous year. It has been poor and not acceptable. Taylor should be given until mid year if we aren't gong well he needs to be advised he is unwanted for 2017 and he is FREE TO NEGOTIATE WITH OTHER CLUBS so we have a decent coach for 2017 when we should have money to spend.

Mark my words if Taylor leaves the Tigers he will never be a head coach of any other club in the NRL. He just isn't up to it. The only people on the planet that think otherwise are our board and this Forum.
Agreed
We've been way too structured in attack. I'm all for defensive structures but I like the attack to very much play what they see in what you would call a loose structure. So you have some set plays and ideas on how to use your strengths but you play what's in front of you.
Too many attacks are the same. Its caging up players with great footy IQ which we have. Tackling harder, running harder and supporting the ball carrier will win you every game in rugby league.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tiger Tim
Member
Member
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue 26 May, 2015 10:42 am

Post by Tiger Tim » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 5:57 pm

Sorry Col I don't agree. It's like my golf game, i can talk a good game but can't hit the ball straight. Taylor knows what the right things from his time under Trent Robinson but he doesn't know how to put them into practice. I don't have the answer to why this is but the tigers should have been far better off this year with injuries not being a problem for most of the year and a reasonable squad.
I know some of the players complained last year that Potter was too much of a nice guy and wasn't barking orders. Taylor is very similar and for some reason the players aren't responding. I had hoped Anthony Griffin was going to be our coach because he is a hard head and the Brisbane player last year loved him. Unfortunately he didn't have the spit and polish Taylor did.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 6:26 pm

magpiecol wrote:
TYGA wrote:We were much worse this year given the position we were in before Potter was white anted by Mayer in 2014 and we copped a horror run of injuries. Why are people looking to use stats to back up a horrendous year. It has been poor and not acceptable. Taylor should be given until mid year if we aren't gong well he needs to be advised he is unwanted for 2017 and he is FREE TO NEGOTIATE WITH OTHER CLUBS so we have a decent coach for 2017 when we should have money to spend.

Mark my words if Taylor leaves the Tigers he will never be a head coach of any other club in the NRL. He just isn't up to it. The only people on the planet that think otherwise are our board and this Forum.

It has been a fairly good year.

This says it all for me.

People around here are not of this reality.


batboy
Member
Member
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon 27 Sep, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by batboy » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 7:04 pm

When you go in to eq a new sound system, you set everything flat... Maybe that's what Taylor did for the first part of the season.
Set them all at flat and see what and where the sweet spots are.
Now he has the off season to put it together

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 7:08 pm

batboy wrote:When you go in to eq a new sound system, you set everything flat... Maybe that's what Taylor did for the first part of the season.
Set them all at flat and see what and where the sweet spots are.
Now he has the off season to put it together

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Too bad he is tone deaf.

rialto
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri 04 Sep, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by rialto » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 7:45 pm

In 2007 Taylor took Souths to the finals for the first time since 1989.

Tigerspirit
Member
Member
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Tigerspirit » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 7:57 pm

littletiger wrote:
Tiger78 wrote:Had a look at last years points differential and we finished on -211 points and pretty sure close to the same in 2013. As we stand now with one more game to go this season ( which we should win ) , we are -73. Although on the ladder it doesnt look like we have improved much , if a few games went a little different this year i.e the first dogs game we lost by 1 and the canberra game we lead by 22 and lost to name a few , we could have been talking about a very different season. IMO the Wests Tigers are heading in the right direction and with a few astute purchases in the player market to bolster our weaker positions in the next year or two i really think we will be right in the finals mix. WT4LIFE :D
.

Too right mate.

People don't like to acknowledge Taylors improvements on here and continuously pushing their own deranged agendas.

Taylors management improvement. Less injuries to the club, better defence, managed to keep tedesco injury free, the team look fit. There's improvements there if u choose to see them.
Hahaha, you guys have no idea about footy or coaching... We were equal last with no injuries like last year???
You can shove your stats up Taylors behind...

And for you lilttle tiger ... You seem to be JT pro on everything you say?
Are you sure your not paid some pocket money to try and save his name????

Taylor has been ridiculed by nearly everyone proffesional and its a joke to see larakins like you opposing

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
crusader
Member
Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon 24 Sep, 2012 10:43 pm

Post by crusader » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 8:01 pm

rialto wrote:In 2007 Taylor took Souths to the finals for the first time since 1989.
And then 3rd last the year after

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 8:04 pm

The delusional comments regarding JT are getting old. Look at the ladder or read the papers and tell me that he is a good coach. Its been a terrible season and JT has been right in the middle of it all.

I'm prepared to give the guy a chance for a bit longer and accept he is learning but drop the spin. Its freaken embarrassing.

A fairly good year - yeah right.

batboy
Member
Member
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon 27 Sep, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by batboy » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 8:05 pm

TYGA wrote:We were much worse this year given the position we were in before Potter was white anted by Mayer in 2014 and we copped a horror run of injuries. Why are people looking to use stats to back up a horrendous year. It has been poor and not acceptable. Taylor should be given until mid year if we aren't gong well he needs to be advised he is unwanted for 2017 and he is FREE TO NEGOTIATE WITH OTHER CLUBS so we have a decent coach for 2017 when we should have money to spend.

Mark my words if Taylor leaves the Tigers he will never be a head coach of any other club in the NRL. He just isn't up to it. The only people on the planet that think otherwise are our board and this Forum.
Don't need to mark your words, It's obvious to the world (and to Taylor I would imagine) that this is his only shot.

I love the excuses offered up as to why we were rubbish last year, Potter was white anted etc, etc, etc.
All I see is a team that is so good at being bad for so long now and has never been held accountable.'
A team full of talented kids that have never had a decent stint in ressies, All had a golden path to first grade... Been that way since 2003.

It needs to change.

Exactly HOW - I repeat HOW is this year any worse than the other 12 we didn't make the finals?

We have a coach, that is taking full responsibility for our position, Not looking for or offering excuses
and a board that has full faith in his vision. If it doesn't work - He alone will be accountable to them.

I'm not a fan of Taylor in any way, But I'm willing to give him another half a season.

All the people that say he can't coach - Maybe you're right?
But his results are no worse than the other 4 coaches we've had in their first year.

If Sheens was still here, We wouldn't have made the finals.... And there would have been a million reasons.
If Potter was still here, We wouldn't have made the finals... And it wouldn't be his fault.

Does anyone here actually realize, It doesn't matter who the coach is - We just don't make the finals.
And when we do, We're still paying for it 3 years later...

Failure is engrained in us.
Taylor may not have all the answers, But at least there is a man standing there saying "This has got to stop" And I think I have a plan....

For that alone, We are a better team than we were last year!!

batboy
Member
Member
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon 27 Sep, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by batboy » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 8:11 pm

stevetiger wrote:The delusional comments regarding JT are getting old. Look at the ladder or read the papers and tell me that he is a good coach. Its been a terrible season and JT has been right in the middle of it all.

I'm prepared to give the guy a chance for a bit longer and accept he is learning but drop the spin. Its freaken embarrassing.

A fairly good year - yeah right.
Again, What is the difference between this year and the 80+% of our existence that we haven't made the finals? Our season has ended in Rd 26 - Just like it always does....

The difference is, This guy is trying to change a culture where failure and mediocrity are perfectly accepted and part of our fabric.
He's come from the other clubs that have laughed at us since we drew breathe...

He's fronting up to take the ugliest sister in the comp to the prom and banking his livelihood on it.

He could well be wrong, And have no future as a coach. But at least he's not hiding behind 600 games experience or lack of board support for excuses...
He will die by the sword if he doesn't get results...

Worst case scenario, We will be between 12th and 16th......... Like every other year!!

- I'm sorry...... Bar 3

Tigerspirit
Member
Member
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat 23 Jul, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Tigerspirit » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 8:44 pm

batboy wrote:
stevetiger wrote:The delusional comments regarding JT are getting old. Look at the ladder or read the papers and tell me that he is a good coach. Its been a terrible season and JT has been right in the middle of it all.

I'm prepared to give the guy a chance for a bit longer and accept he is learning but drop the spin. Its freaken embarrassing.

A fairly good year - yeah right.
Again, What is the difference between this year and the 80+% of our existence that we haven't made the finals? Our season has ended in Rd 26 - Just like it always does....

The difference is, This guy is trying to change a culture where failure and mediocrity are perfectly accepted and part of our fabric.
He's come from the other clubs that have laughed at us since we drew breathe...

He's fronting up to take the ugliest sister in the comp to the prom and banking his livelihood on it.

He could well be wrong, And have no future as a coach. But at least he's not hiding behind 600 games experience or lack of board support for excuses...
He will die by the sword if he doesn't get results...

Worst case scenario, We will be between 12th and 16th......... Like every other year!!

- I'm sorry...... Bar 3
Sorry?
What a load of crap!
You talk about building a culture, we have destroyed our culture in less than a decade and your trying to explain how a negative boring coach should be applauded because his changing what???
Our culture is to have attacking flair?
Only thing we need to do is improve our defense not destroy it...
Where always looking to others, roosters, melbourne etc. they have money not culture, thats what makes us the WT's ,
We need to look at ourselves not mirror another club.
Thats why our coach and management stink.
This year most fans heart broke because they broke our culture.
I

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 8:48 pm

crusader wrote:
rialto wrote:In 2007 Taylor took Souths to the finals for the first time since 1989.
And then 3rd last the year after

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
If you take a closer look Souths had a very good lineup at the time and very well funded off the field.

In 2007 Souths were 12 Wins and 12 Loses point differential of +9 and were beaten 30-6 and knocked out of the finals week 1. That squad had players such as: Merritt, Vagana, Widders, Isaac Luke, Asotasi, Peachey, Sutton, Faalago, Kidwell, Heggarty, Jeremy Smith.

In 2008 souths were 8 wins 16 losses, 14th position with a points differential of -216.
Similar squad with the addition of Craig Wing.

In 2009 ran 10th with 11 wins and 12 losses, 10th position with a points differential of +17.
Squad very similar with the addition of Chris Mcqueen, Colin Best and Michael Crocker.

2015 Tigers were 15th 8 wins 16 losses points differential of -75. We all know the details.
In his last 4 seasons as an NRL coach he is 39 Wins 42 Losses with a +/- of -$274.

rialto
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri 04 Sep, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by rialto » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 9:07 pm

Yes, Crusader, and the year after that (2009) 10th narrowly missing finals.- by one win I think it was. Souths under Taylor finished the season strongly and in round 25 defeated the minor premiers St George 41 to 6 !!! Also scored 500 points during season for the first time.
Be great to see all the supposed Tiger supporters that do nothing but criticise get behind the club and what it is trying to do!

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5496
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 9:16 pm

Tiger Tim wrote:Sorry Col I don't agree. It's like my golf game, i can talk a good game but can't hit the ball straight. Taylor knows what the right things from his time under Trent Robinson but he doesn't know how to put them into practice. I don't have the answer to why this is but the tigers should have been far better off this year with injuries not being a problem for most of the year and a reasonable squad.
I know some of the players complained last year that Potter was too much of a nice guy and wasn't barking orders. Taylor is very similar and for some reason the players aren't responding. I had hoped Anthony Griffin was going to be our coach because he is a hard head and the Brisbane player last year loved him. Unfortunately he didn't have the spit and polish Taylor did.
I will tell you Taylor's problem with not getting the structures across....poor cattle to work with ...open your eyes and get rid of the rose coloured glasses.,,inexperience and not up to standard NRL players pure and simple..,.but let the Taylor haters come out in force...

Unless you have been in or are in Taylor's shoe it is best if you say nothing at all,because if in the end he does well with this team,what excuse will they find then.,,

But go on give TT a good reason to keep up the arguement.l
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
crusader
Member
Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon 24 Sep, 2012 10:43 pm

Post by crusader » Sun 06 Sep, 2015 9:16 pm

rialto wrote:Yes, Crusader, and the year after that (2009) 10th narrowly missing finals.- by one win I think it was. Souths under Taylor finished the season strongly and in round 25 defeated the minor premiers St George 41 to 6 !!! Also scored 500 points during season for the first time.
Be great to see all the supposed Tiger supporters that do nothing but criticise get behind the club and what it is trying to do!
You can't form an argument by only outlining the aspects that support you and avoiding the points that work against you. Be fair and balanced.

Love my team. I spend thousands a year on memberships , merchandise, juniors fundraisers etc. please don't question my loyalty to my club because I don't blindly support your views

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Post Reply