Since the Canberra game we've won 4 from 6

Wests Tigers Discussion
GNR4LIFE

Since the Canberra game we've won 4 from 6

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:33 pm

Just putting that out there.

I'd say that's a pretty damn good effort, and a sign that the team is improving.

Who would of thought we'd have won out of our next 6 games after thrashing?

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:36 pm

Yep good turn-around. Hope we win 4 from our next 6 as well. Need consistency.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:37 pm

Been a good hit back, which has shown some character.

Still it has been

Souths x 2
Knights at home
Broncos without Origin player.

We have some talent on our roster and as Taylor said where we are sitting on the ladder Is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. The coach sid this loud and clear.

A scalp would be nice. Storm or Dogs, a win against either of them and ill start getting excited.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:39 pm

We've been good. Honestly if anything I'm frustrated because I think our squad is pretty good and we've lost games due to poor game plans.

tigerman80

Post by tigerman80 » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:52 pm

We've had a very kind draw. Had we beaten teams we are better than .e.g titans, knights and roosters then we would be knocking on the door step of the top four. To me that is the most frustrating thing to cop. Play like champions one week, but honestly can anyone know what tigers team will turn up next game. Everytime we get our hopes up after a great win , we come crashing back down the following week.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 1:04 am

I said it a while back and I'm sticking by it. *All it takes* is three consecutive wins to gain considerable momentum and solidify your ladder position. Last week was huge, it would have been three straight. That's why it hurt so much.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 1:10 am

Still disappointing seeing as we should have wins against Melb and again against Newc but what can ya do

Team is improving not much more can be done. Big test against Melbourne down there in a couple weeks

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 1:17 am

clifferdSH wrote:Still disappointing seeing as we should have wins against Melb and again against Newc but what can ya do

Team is improving not much more can be done. Big test against Melbourne down there in a couple weeks
The way the game works, had we won those 2, we might not have the proceeding games and still be in the same position. Losing games tends to make you a bit more desperate, where if you're winning maybe you're a bit more relaxed. It all evens out in the end and you end up where you deserve to be on the ladder.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 1:31 am

stevetiger wrote:We've been good. Honestly if anything I'm frustrated because I think our squad is pretty good and we've lost games due to poor game plans.
We lost games because we dropped to much football and missed too many tackles More often than not got dominated by the other teams across the Park...

We have won games when we held/controlled the football missed fewer tackles and either held our own or dominated the opposition across the park...

The 'Game Plans' across the NRL do not differ that much...I have never seen a game on paper win or lose...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

TJL

Post by TJL » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 1:47 am

The problems for the team can be found on the edges defensively, last week it was the right this week it was the left. What does that tell you? Nevermind before Wobbie came on they dominated when they spread the ball but Wobbie's game is to slowly pass the ball to the forwards who get bashed and not give the young blokes the quick ball they deserve. The team's strength is out wide with quick hands.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 4:54 am

Geo. wrote:
stevetiger wrote:We've been good. Honestly if anything I'm frustrated because I think our squad is pretty good and we've lost games due to poor game plans.
We lost games because we dropped to much football and missed too many tackles More often than not got dominated by the other teams across the Park...

We have won games when we held/controlled the football missed fewer tackles and either held our own or dominated the opposition across the park...

The 'Game Plans' across the NRL do not differ that much...I have never seen a game on paper win or lose...
I disagree. I think we've gone out there and tried to grind out wins rather than try and use some skill and hard running to score tries. The good teams have some attacking structures.

It was noticeable last night when Brooks gave an inside ball to Tedesco and I think it was Phil Gould who said "where has that been". We just haven't been coming up with enough attacking plays. ET has added to our game as well but it's a huge area that we need to focus on.
Last edited by stevetiger on Sat 11 Jun, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 5:52 am

Plans only carry you as far as execution. The best of plans won't win you a game if you can't deliver that plan on the field. We have a young squad improving in both execution and confidence. They are beginning to deliver the plans as coached.
"Quality Stupidity"

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 6:15 am

Defence is still a massive issue. I think the score last night was more a reflection of Souths poor execution rather than great tigers defence. You have to be happy with a win, but you need to be realistic of where this team is at. Tigers fans are the bipolar supporters of the NRL,when we win they start talking finals when we lose it's the spoon.

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 7:47 am

Let's gone tigerz!
Tigersman since 2013!

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 7:55 am

Good win,We now have long break. I don't think we play again until the 26 of June.
15 days away (which is well into the ski season) until we play Melbourne in Melbourne.
*In the meantime , the Storm have two games before they play us. They play the Roosters this weekend and Saints the following weekend.
Our boys can sit back and watch the Storm play for a couple of weeks and study their grubby tactics.
Not much footy for the Tigers over the next two months.
After the Storm we have Penrith at home (ANZ) then the Bulldogs away (ANZ) then another Bye ..which takes us all the way up till Round 20.
Dragons (round 20 ) 24th of July
in Ivan we distrust

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 7:57 am

stevetiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

I disagree. I think we've gone out there and tried to grind out wins rather than try and use some skill and hard running to score tries. The good teams have some attacking structures.

It was noticeable last night when Brooks gave an inside ball to Tedesco and I think it was Phil Gould who said "where has that been". We just haven't been coming up with enough attacking plays. ET has added to our game as well but it's a huge area that we need to focus on.
I think your having a lend now steve...good teams have the same second man block plays the same hit the lead runner plays the same outside/inside through the ruck plays and yes even the same 5 hit up and a bomb plays..good teams execute those plays more often than not..

What Great teams do...is shut down what the good teams do....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 8:36 am

NT Tiger wrote:Plans only carry you as far as execution. The best of plans won't win you a game if you can't deliver that plan on the field. We have a young squad improving in both execution and confidence.
I agree with this.
NT Tiger wrote:They are beginning to deliver the plans as coached.
I agree as well however Taylor is changing his approach. It's good that he is doing this as well. If it doesn't continue though he needs to go. I reckon top 8 or he goes. Put the pressure on him. If we make the top 8 then he should stay. If we play good footy next season he can stay longer. Results matter.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 9:02 am

Geo. wrote:I think your having a lend now steve...good teams have the same second man block plays the same hit the lead runner plays the same outside/inside through the ruck plays and yes even the same 5 hit up and a bomb plays..good teams execute those plays more often than not..

What Great teams do...is shut down what the good teams do....
I'm definitely not having a lend. I'm pretty stoked with that win and I'm pretty happy that we are improving. I still feel that the coach is a massive risk. I actually don't mind him now but my expectation is that we play positive footy and try to win games. I don't think we have done that enough since Taylor has been coach.

We have improved though out of sight recently. I'm not sure if this is because O'Neill is smashing JT but I don't think so. I do think that ET has made a huge difference and a lot of credit goes to JT and the coaching staff for using him correctly.