Wests Tigers Discussion
Cultured Bogan

Re: Kelly Egan new General Manager

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 5:03 pm

yeti wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:33 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:35 pm
Sounds like an oxygen thief. If this was a bank he would have been speared ages ago
This is what I don't get. You don't actually don't know what he does, yet are prepared to label him an oxygen thief. It seems to me some people are happy to throw a dagger in preference to giving someone the benefit of the doubt.
It takes all kinds I guess.
Staying true to his namesake I guess.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 5:09 pm

yeti wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 4:59 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:47 pm
yeti wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:35 pm
Sounds like an oxygen thief. If this was a bank he would have been speared ages ago
This is what I don't get. You don't actually don't know what he does, yet are prepared to label him an oxygen thief. It seems to me some people are happy to throw a dagger in preference to giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

Do you know what he does?
No I don't - am I'm not the one calling him an oxygen thief!
So, who else thinks he’s an oxygen thief?

Why do you and others think this?

He keeps a low profile for sure. I have no idea what his day to day role looks like and I also have no idea whether he is effective or ineffective.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 7:47 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 5:09 pm
yeti wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:
yeti wrote:

He keeps a low profile for sure. I have no idea what his day to day role looks like and I also have no idea whether he is effective or ineffective.
Him and David Warwick....what do they actually do?..IC made all the football club decisions.....so will Bennett when he arrives

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 8:26 pm

kafta wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:51 pm
He once stole an oxygen tank from Christopher Skase.
Ah yeah, the chase for Skase

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:27 am

tigerap wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 7:47 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
yeti wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:

Him and David Warwick....what do they actually do?..IC made all the football club decisions.....so will Bennett when he arrives
Egan oversees the decisions on recruitment and retention of the NRL squad involved in management of the salary cap as part of a team including the Coach and CEO..General running of the football department budget reports directly to the CEO and Board regarding football matters...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 7:04 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:27 am
tigerap wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
yeti wrote:

Egan oversees the decisions on recruitment and retention of the NRL squad involved in management of the salary cap as part of a team including the Coach and CEO..General running of the football department budget reports directly to the CEO and Board regarding football matters...
Clearly an oxygen thief, then!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 9:08 am

Man... I could do that standing on me head

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 9:08 am
Man... I could do that standing on me head
Haha you got my vote...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:22 pm

Geo. wrote:
tigerap wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
yeti wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I understand his position. As others have said though how do we really know if he is doing a good job or if its all Ivan Cleary.

Im 100% behind employing someone in that capacity for the record.
Its an opinion!

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 9:13 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:22 pm
Geo. wrote:
tigerap wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I understand his position. As others have said though how do we really know if he is doing a good job or if its all Ivan Cleary.

Clearly we don't. However, without information to the contrary, I would like to think and I assume, that the job is being done well. My original comment was based on some people seemingly having a default position that is negative. In this instance,"Sounds like an oxygen thief", is a negative default position without the individual making that comment having a clue as to whether the job is being done well or not. Anyway .... just an observation, that's all. I find it strange.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 14 Oct, 2018 9:26 pm

yeti wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 9:13 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Sun 14 Oct, 2018 5:22 pm
Geo. wrote:
tigerap wrote:

Clearly we don't. However, without information to the contrary, I would like to think and I assume, that the job is being done well. My original comment was based on some people seemingly having a default position that is negative. In this instance,"Sounds like an oxygen thief", is a negative default position without the individual making that comment having a clue as to whether the job is being done well or not. Anyway .... just an observation, that's all. I find it strange.

Same, i can only assume he is doing a fantastic job. Not hard given the guy he replaced but he does seem to be kicking some goals. Hard to know to what extent however.
Its an opinion!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 9:41 am

A guy like Egan is very important for issues such as we find ourselves in right now. A mediator to make sure that recruitment doesn't go down the gurgler if the coach legs it, gets sacked, or wants to jeopardise the long term future of the club for short term success (Hasler and backloading.)
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...