Kelly Egan new General Manager

Wests Tigers Discussion
Sabre

Re: Kelly Egan new General Manager

Post by Sabre » Sun 20 Nov, 2016 7:00 pm

LCA wrote:Has O'Neill been sacked (i did check spelling) or did he walk? Did I miss the outcome of his alleged misbehavior? In the silly-season and with our cricket team pretty much rubbish, it is amazing that this topic has got to 3 pages on here. I can't for a minute think that when the Tigers make their victory speech in 2017 that the name Kelly Egan will be mentioned.
Seems to be one of those tap on the shoulder 'resign with dignity rather than being sacked' situations.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 Nov, 2016 12:16 am

Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:Good grief...lets hope Egan is half as good a GM of Football as you are at talking yourself up.....
Where did I talk myself up

Slagged myself off I reckon :roll
I reckon I scored of the best tries I had ever scored that night
Let me guess...beat 13 blokes on a 95m zig-zag diagonal run to the TRY-line finishing under the posts then took the conversion back to half way calmly plotting it over...

At least Egan put you on your bum...

No Geo it was more the fact that I just said my last good byes less than 18 hours earlier to the person who had inspired my love of sport with stories of watching 1948 Invincibles score 750 in a day ( he was at the game in England ) ,stories of Sir Stan , Hutton, Miller , Lindwall , Jack Iverson , his support of West Ham etc and I scored a try where I had to do 3-4 things without thinking twice with my very first touch having not slept for a few days and while I was in no mental state to be playing a game of football with all his sons in attendance and hopefully him looking down on me .......

Extremely emotional moment

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Mon 21 Nov, 2016 9:13 am

With the Dogs shedding so many of the staff that Hasler had hired maybe Egan could influence him to come to the Tigers if the Dogs decide that they want another head coach. I know signing Hasler has been discussed in another thread already but maybe Egan can sway Hasler similar to that of Pascoe swaying Idris.

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Mon 21 Nov, 2016 1:09 pm

TopTiger wrote:With the Dogs shedding so many of the staff that Hasler had hired maybe Egan could influence him to come to the Tigers if the Dogs decide that they want another head coach. I know signing Hasler has been discussed in another thread already but maybe Egan can sway Hasler similar to that of Pascoe swaying Idris.
No doubt if Taylor doesn't perform that discussion will come up.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 22 Nov, 2016 5:42 am

Anyone know Is McDonnell is going to be replaced?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 28 Nov, 2016 9:18 am

We better make this Official...

KELLY EGAN JOINS WESTS TIGERS AS GENERAL MANAGER FOOTBALL
Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that Kelly Egan will join the Club as the new General Manager Football.

Egan brings a wealth of experience to Wests Tigers and will take up his position with the Club in the first week of December.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe welcomed Egan to the Club, saying that he looked forward to having him as a part of the Club’s management team.

“On behalf of everyone at Wests Tigers I’d like to welcome Kelly to the Club,” said Pascoe. “He has an extensive Rugby League background from a number of Clubs and we look forward to him bringing that knowledge to Wests Tigers.

“He comes to us knowing what it takes, both on and off the field, to get a Club deep into the finals,” he said. “As well as being an integral part of Wests Tigers’ administration team Kelly will also be an important mentor for our young players, which is crucial in their continued development.”

Egan said that he was looking forward to joining Wests Tigers ahead of the 2017 NRL season.

“This is a great opportunity for me to grow with the playing group and continue to build on what was a strong back half of the 2016 season,” said Egan.

“Key to the Club’s success will be keeping this great group of young players together and I look forward to working with all of them.

“I feel really confident about this position and moving onto the next chapter of my career with Wests Tigers,” he said.

“This role is really dynamic and has a range of touch points both across the organisation and across the game and I look forward to getting to work with the Club.”

Egan joins Wests Tigers from the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, where he has been an NRL Assistant Coach since the 2012 NRL season. During his time with the Bulldogs the side reached the finals each year and were Grand Finalists on two occasions.

Egan is a member of the NRL Research and Development Committee and was Head Coach of the Junior Kangaroos in 2012, 2013 and 2014.

He was also an NRL Assistant Coach with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles from 2009 until 2011 and the North Queensland Cowboys’ General Manager of Football from 2006 until 2008. Prior to taking on the General Manager of Football role at the Cowboys, Egan was an Assistant Coach at the Club in 2005 and 2006 and a part of the coaching staff that took the Cowboys to the 2005 NRL Grand Final.

Egan holds a Bachelor Degree in Education from James Cook University and a Diploma of Education from the Australian Catholic University.

Source : WT exclusive Members Only Website..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 28 Nov, 2016 1:15 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:
TopTiger wrote:With the Dogs shedding so many of the staff that Hasler had hired maybe Egan could influence him to come to the Tigers if the Dogs decide that they want another head coach. I know signing Hasler has been discussed in another thread already but maybe Egan can sway Hasler similar to that of Pascoe swaying Idris.
No doubt if Taylor doesn't perform that discussion will come up.
Egan has had a constant eye on a crack at First grade Coaching career , ever since he was Coaching Wynnum Manly in the Qld cup.
It's been no secret that he's always believed that he would coach an NRL team.
It may just be a coincidence that he's now at a club with a Coach that is on verge of a "suceed or else " season.
Then again it may not be a coincidence. He could be a handy person to have at the club, in the event of changes needing to be made mid season.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 11:39 am

*Bump*

What does Kelly Egan do as GM of football? Whenever it comes to player/coach contract negotiations we always hear from Pascoe, and nothing from Egan. Isn’t the point of a GM to deal with the football related issues and let the CEO look after the operational aspects of running a business?

P.S. I’m assuming he’s still with Wests Tigers based on his LinkedIn profile
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 12:18 pm

steve-o wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 11:39 am
*Bump*

What does Kelly Egan do as GM of football? Whenever it comes to player/coach contract negotiations we always hear from Pascoe, and nothing from Egan. Isn’t the point of a GM to deal with the football related issues and let the CEO look after the operational aspects of running a business?

Wondered myself, just how much his role would have changed back in April last year when Cleary was appointed and apparently granted much more control than his predecessor.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 1:04 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 12:18 pm
steve-o wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 11:39 am
*Bump*

Wondered myself, just how much his role would have changed back in April last year when Cleary was appointed and apparently granted much more control than his predecessor.
I suspect GM of football is a very generous title considering what he actually does... he’s probably more like a recruitment manager?
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:35 pm

Sounds like an oxygen thief. If this was a bank he would have been speared ages ago
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:26 pm

I actually was introduced to Kelly Egan and his family 2 days ago being one of the neighbours of the mates place I’m staying at the moment. Within 5 minutes of talking to him generally he went inside and brought out some left over gear for me as a diehard tigers fan.

Out of respect for him I didn’t want to pester him with questions about the club.

A minute later his phone rang and he went inside to take an important phone call of some sort.

Basically what I’m saying is for those wondering he is a top bloke and yes he is still with the club

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:33 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:35 pm
Sounds like an oxygen thief. If this was a bank he would have been speared ages ago
This is what I don't get. You don't actually don't know what he does, yet are prepared to label him an oxygen thief. It seems to me some people are happy to throw a dagger in preference to giving someone the benefit of the doubt.
It takes all kinds I guess.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:47 pm

yeti wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:33 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
This is what I don't get. You don't actually don't know what he does, yet are prepared to label him an oxygen thief. It seems to me some people are happy to throw a dagger in preference to giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

Do you know what he does?
Let's make the Tigers great again!

kafta

Post by kafta » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:51 pm

He once stole an oxygen tank from Christopher Skase.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 2:24 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:47 pm
yeti wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:

The club would keep a single voice from management for a reason. It's just good practice.

I have confidence Pascoe is employing the right people. Just look at what he has done with employing the massive uplift in videography and club communications.

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 4:59 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 1:47 pm
yeti wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:

No I don't - am I'm not the one calling him an oxygen thief!

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 5:00 pm

'and'