Spoon, will it be ours?

Wests Tigers Discussion

Where will we finish the 2017 season?

Top 4
5
4%
Top 8
10
7%
9th-12th
11
8%
13th-15th
64
47%
Spoon
47
34%
 
Total votes: 137

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4040
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Spoon, will it be ours?

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:43 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 21 Mar, 2017 5:54 pm
At least we will have something to put in the trophy case in the foyer of WA.
That made me laugh.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!


BornBlack&Gold
Member
Member
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:42 am

Unread post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:47 pm

I have always been confident of avoiding the spoon every previous season. Even when every moron so called rugby league expert would tip us for the spoon at the start of nearly every season, i would still confidently state to anyone i had a conversation about football with that we might not make the 8 but no way would we be coming dead last.

This year however i think we are seeing the perfect storm forming. Massive instability at every level and department of the club coupled with (what i am expecting) the soon to be announced departure of our best player in tedesco and captain in woods, followed by probably moses who we chose over not one but two other good options at 5/8 (austin and martin)

I think these things will continue to trouble the team throughout the whole season

User avatar
Eye Of Da Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:57 pm

It will be a well earns and deserved spoon. A golden one according to the value or supposed value of some of our roster.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3045
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

I wouldn't say we are certainties. However for me we are clear favourites for it.

If I were to put money on a team to get the spoon now it would be us without question.

Squaddy
Member
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue 18 Mar, 2014 1:33 pm

Unread post by Squaddy » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 10:09 pm

i can't name another team worse than us. Newcastle fight in most of their matches, pushed Cronulla right to the end. Same with Gold Coast.

We may do that st some point, but we don't look close to it at the moment.


matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Sat 05 Aug, 2017 9:10 pm

It's a race to the bottom.
Knights got some confidence now. Can we avoid it?
I think they have a bye in hand. Close race for the woodwork.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24692
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 80 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 05 Aug, 2017 9:26 pm

They have no byes

I don't think they'll win again this year

will1999
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed 16 Nov, 2016 2:52 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by will1999 » Sat 05 Aug, 2017 9:35 pm

They just need to be playing how they have been we should be fine Knights have to win two more games and they have a tough draw coming up and tigers still have warriors and we usually beat cowboys

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 4597
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sat 05 Aug, 2017 9:53 pm

Bulldogs and Warriors should be battling it out for the spoon in all honesty. Us and Newcastle have ordinary rosters- the Warriors are an embarrassment with the players they have this year......Luke, RTS and Fozza- Myth, Myth and Myth.
Not fussed if we finish last, we are showing good signs this past month and next year will be fresh and free of the rot that infested our club in 2017. Spoon or not, there are encouraging signs ahead for us. Bout time.

Mr Magpie
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 11:48 am
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mr Magpie » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 1:34 am

matchball wrote:
Sat 05 Aug, 2017 9:10 pm
It's a race to the bottom.
Knights got some confidence now. Can we avoid it?
I think they have a bye in hand. Close race for the woodwork.
No byes left. When they were ahead of us it was only because they'd had 2 byes to our 1.
But them winning might lift our boys like last week. Teddy wants to go out on a high. Though I doubt that the Panthers will be as sloppy as the Titans.
I'd still have Knights as spoon favourites. Our differential is a lot better and, after this week, they'll need to win 2 out of 4 to pass us.
WE WILL STAND OUT GROUND AGAINST THE GATES OF HELL AND WE WON'T BACK DOWN!
:sign: :sign: :sign:

tigerfanatic
Member
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu 16 Feb, 2017 10:41 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by tigerfanatic » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:54 am

They have a tough run home. They verse pretty much top 8 sides i dont see anyone loosing to the knights now that semi final footy is around the corner

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2309
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 8:29 am

Hold the horses, we still play Manly and the warriors before the end of the year.

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 8:48 am

Newcastle has won two on the trot and looking dangerous.
They have nothing to lose and with a bit of momentum you never know.
The spoon is a terrible thing no club wants but I think we deserve it. Being humiliated badly is a great motivator going into 2018.
Woods going out a spooner would be another plus I guess.

I made this thread around the time JT was sacked.
Many applauded the sacking and thought it would save our season.
It's now crystal clear he wasn't the problem.
I solely blame that creature Isaac Moses for derailing the 2017 season for a few extra bucks commission to go his way.
Sickens me how this season played out and I'll go as far and say it's been the worst season in our Wests Tigers history.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24199
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 109 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 8:59 am

I reckon 15th is so much better..we've had a few of those...

I think we'll overtake Souff's..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by Earl » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 9:50 am

matchball wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 8:48 am
Newcastle has won two on the trot and looking dangerous.
They have nothing to lose and with a bit of momentum you never know.
The spoon is a terrible thing no club wants but I think we deserve it. Being humiliated badly is a great motivator going into 2018.
Woods going out a spooner would be another plus I guess.

I made this thread around the time JT was sacked.
Many applauded the sacking and thought it would save our season.
It's now crystal clear he wasn't the problem.
I solely blame that creature Isaac Moses for derailing the 2017 season for a few extra bucks commission to go his way.
Sickens me how this season played out and I'll go as far and say it's been the worst season in our Wests Tigers history.
I think JT was a massive problem and the club made a great decision to let him go. He wasn't the only problem. We also had marquee players that had no respect or loyalty to the club.

This to me has been a great year no matter where we come. We've gotten rid of the bad eggs within the team and we are building a team that won't have a few marquee players who are overpaid and underperform backed up by a coach who has some class and appears to know what he is doing unlike JT who had neither attributes.

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 10:11 am

Earl wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 9:50 am
matchball wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 8:48 am
Newcastle has won two on the trot and looking dangerous.
They have nothing to lose and with a bit of momentum you never know.
The spoon is a terrible thing no club wants but I think we deserve it. Being humiliated badly is a great motivator going into 2018.
Woods going out a spooner would be another plus I guess.

I made this thread around the time JT was sacked.
Many applauded the sacking and thought it would save our season.
It's now crystal clear he wasn't the problem.
I solely blame that creature Isaac Moses for derailing the 2017 season for a few extra bucks commission to go his way.
Sickens me how this season played out and I'll go as far and say it's been the worst season in our Wests Tigers history.
I think JT was a massive problem and the club made a great decision to let him go. He wasn't the only problem. We also had marquee players that had no respect or loyalty to the club.

This to me has been a great year no matter where we come. We've gotten rid of the bad eggs within the team and we are building a team that won't have a few marquee players who are overpaid and underperform backed up by a coach who has some class and appears to know what he is doing unlike JT who had neither attributes.
Come on seriously. It has not been a great year. Our season was over Rd 4.
We have sucked both on and off the field. All the Simona drama. The contract negotiations with Isaac Moses.
The only positive is the arrival of Ivan Cleary and his signings for 2018 have me very positive for the future but i would love 2017 season to deleted from the annals of history.
Its been the worst season by far.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24692
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 80 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 10:16 am

I wouldn't call it a great year... 5 wins is our worst effort ever.
Another sacrificed season much like last year.... Will be great when we play for "now" and not next year
I said in rd. 3 our season was done then.. Not because JT was punted but due to the instability it caused.
One day we may get everyone on the same page

Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 10:25 am

Gold Coast weren't flash last night .... and for the players they have, I rank the Warriors as this years biggest flop.

Post Reply

Return to “Wests Tigers”