Spoon
34%

Total votes: 137

underdog
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Spoon, will it be ours?

Unread post by underdog » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 11:18 am

Reckon we'll overtake the dogs titans and souffs and beat the panferrs, warriors and the cowboys (campbelltown game sans thurston, they'll hate it)

Still 12th on 20 points, but sums up our season imho.

Earl
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by Earl » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 1:15 pm

matchball wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 10:11 am
Earl wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 9:50 am
matchball wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 8:48 am
Newcastle has won two on the trot and looking dangerous.
They have nothing to lose and with a bit of momentum you never know.
The spoon is a terrible thing no club wants but I think we deserve it. Being humiliated badly is a great motivator going into 2018.
Woods going out a spooner would be another plus I guess.

I made this thread around the time JT was sacked.
Many applauded the sacking and thought it would save our season.
It's now crystal clear he wasn't the problem.
I solely blame that creature Isaac Moses for derailing the 2017 season for a few extra bucks commission to go his way.
Sickens me how this season played out and I'll go as far and say it's been the worst season in our Wests Tigers history.
I think JT was a massive problem and the club made a great decision to let him go. He wasn't the only problem. We also had marquee players that had no respect or loyalty to the club.

This to me has been a great year no matter where we come. We've gotten rid of the bad eggs within the team and we are building a team that won't have a few marquee players who are overpaid and underperform backed up by a coach who has some class and appears to know what he is doing unlike JT who had neither attributes.
Come on seriously. It has not been a great year. Our season was over Rd 4.
We have sucked both on and off the field. All the Simona drama. The contract negotiations with Isaac Moses.
The only positive is the arrival of Ivan Cleary and his signings for 2018 have me very positive for the future but i would love 2017 season to deleted from the annals of history.
Its been the worst season by far.
This season had to happen. We had a dud coach and some players who are what I consider club killers. These guys will all be gone at the end of this year.

Unlike other years when we've been rebuilding I think this year is really one that had to happen. Yes it's been a shock but we've seen the characters of some of the players here and we've also seen how we built a castle made on sand with the approach of JT as the coach of this club.

I'm proud of the way the club has handled this season. I'd like to see us get some more wins so that we don't get the spoon but the attitude displayed from the board down to the new coach to me has been great.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 1:44 pm

matchball wrote:
The spoon is a terrible thing no club wants but I think we deserve it. Being humiliated badly is a great motivator going into 2018.

I solely blame that creature Isaac Moses for derailing the 2017 season for a few extra bucks commission to go his way.
Sickens me how this season played out and I'll go as far and say it's been the worst season in our Wests Tigers history.
Worst season in our history without a doubt, its been a massive train wreck from day 1. Positively though it is the sort of season we needed to have occur, weeding out cockroaches like Moses and Simona and being rid of this "big 4" crap once and for all. Ted and Woods bailing out and chasing brown paper bags of glory elsewhere. We will look back on 2017 as the best thing to happen since 2005 IMO. Onwards and upwards.
As long as management has taken on board the hard-learnt lessons of these past few years (huge back-ended contracts, player power holding sway over coaches, paying massive overs on potential rather than proven performers etc) then we will prosper under Ivan in the next 5 years or more.
I dont think we "deserve" the spoon any more than the Warriors, Bulldogs, Souths or Newcastle. We have paid our dues heavily this season in terms of humiliation and over-scrutiny in the media and have looked to come out the other side far stronger judging by these last 5 or 6 weeks.....that is a decent effort in itself.
And as for Woods deserving to go out with a spoon I can't agree, he has put in strong efforts on the park nearly every game since his buffoonery in the media months ago. He will leave with his head held high as far as that is concerned. I'd say high-paid turncoat duds such as Keiran Foran would be far more deserving of a spoon, he has been a million dollar lump of undie-rock.

Squaddy

Unread post by Squaddy » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 2:41 pm

Getting the spoon would be pretty devastating after the improvements the club has made to itself since April. I felt like that circus pre-Origin was the toughest time the club had gone through since Terry Lamb was coach, and we've matured through it and made positive changes.

To then get the spoon would be heart breaking. We deserved it earlier in the season, but not anymore.

underdog
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by underdog » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 3:11 pm

Jeez totally forgot about Simona for a while there. Its been that chock full of drama he slipped my mind.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 3:50 pm

underdog wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 3:11 pm
Jeez totally forgot about Simona for a while there. Its been that chock full of drama he slipped my mind.
:lol: Yeah its been a bit like that, the Tim Sim schemozzle was just another blip on the radar for this season. The WT club and the supporters who have stuck solid deserve a pat on the back for riding out the tsunami that this season produced. Finally enjoying watching our team run around after all the muck that we have been dealt.

stryker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 5:03 pm

Squaddy wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 2:41 pm
Getting the spoon would be pretty devastating after the improvements the club has made to itself since April. I felt like that circus pre-Origin was the toughest time the club had gone through since Terry Lamb was coach, and we've matured through it and made positive changes.

To then get the spoon would be heart breaking. We deserved it earlier in the season, but not anymore.
Yeah agreed. 2015 was the year we deserved it. We have played shocking footy at times this year but given all the drama and a rag tag crew who have been trying to gel, we have shown enough fight to avoid it.

Eddie
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:27 pm

If we can't beat the Warriors at home in the last round we deserve to be presented the spoon on the field after the game.

1/4 chicken,chips
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:29 pm

Cleary doesn't care ,,he picks kevvie week in week out

supercoach
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:35 pm

It will go down to the wire, can't see us beating Manly and Easts, a outside chance against the Cows and a good chance against the Warriors. I think the Knights have a far better run home

momo&medo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:38 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 5:03 pm
Squaddy wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 2:41 pm

Yeah agreed. 2015 was the year we deserved it. We have played shocking footy at times this year but given all the drama and a rag tag crew who have been trying to gel, we have shown enough fight to avoid it.
Yep agree. We are playing reasonably well with what we got.

TIGER
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 7:30 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 1:44 pm
matchball wrote:

Worst season in our history without a doubt, its been a massive train wreck from day 1. Positively though it is the sort of season we needed to have occur, weeding out cockroaches like Moses and Simona and being rid of this "big 4" crap once and for all. Ted and Woods bailing out and chasing brown paper bags of glory elsewhere. We will look back on 2017 as the best thing to happen since 2005 IMO. Onwards and upwards.
As long as management has taken on board the hard-learnt lessons of these past few years (huge back-ended contracts, player power holding sway over coaches, paying massive overs on potential rather than proven performers etc) then we will prosper under Ivan in the next 5 years or more.
I dont think we "deserve" the spoon any more than the Warriors, Bulldogs, Souths or Newcastle. We have paid our dues heavily this season in terms of humiliation and over-scrutiny in the media and have looked to come out the other side far stronger judging by these last 5 or 6 weeks.....that is a decent effort in itself.
And as for Woods deserving to go out with a spoon I can't agree, he has put in strong efforts on the park nearly every game since his buffoonery in the media months ago. He will leave with his head held high as far as that is concerned. I'd say high-paid turncoat duds such as Keiran Foran would be far more deserving of a spoon, he has been a million dollar lump of undie-rock.
After with all of this.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 9:32 am

We've recovered well after our season was sabotaged by the fake captain and his mates. We no longer deserve the spoon, though neither do the Knights. The team that deserves it undesputedly is the Dogs. How embarrassing will it be for the fake captain if we to finish ahead of them this year, let alone next year.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 10:23 am

If we do get the spoon i believe that our previous coach and the management that assembled our terrible roster deserve far more blame than the players.Our current coach has put far more resilience into a poor squad but you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
Hopefully we can win a couple more games to avoid the spoon

Tigerles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Tigerles » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 10:24 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Sun 06 Aug, 2017 6:29 pm
Cleary doesn't care ,,he picks kevvie week in week out
who else does he pick? lots of talent waiting in reserve grade for a chance - not.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 10:36 am

Knights have the toughest run home in the comp. Both grand finalists, a parra team on the rise and a canberra team fighting for a final spot in the 8. They beaten the 2 most out of form teams in the comp over the past 2 weeks. Can't see them winning another game really.

We have 3/4 games at home, 2 at LO (not that we have a great record anywhere of late) and we'd be a a good chance of beating Manly the Cows and the warriors. F+A may also be a factor, those soft late tries we concede may come back to bite us. A schellacking or two for the knights and they've got the spoon though.

jirskyr
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 10:39 am

Knights are up against Eels, Storm, Raiders and Sharks - 3 of the current Top 5. They have to win at least 1 more game and overcome a 19-point differential to us. Can't see Knights winning any of those and they would also be at risk of a few heavy defeats.

We have Manly, Roosters, Cowboys, Warriors. We should be at least evens to take Warriors at Leichhardt, with no finals pressure, could get smacked once or twice but we've turned up this year against Manly and Cowboys.

For all the talk of spoons, Tigers and Newcastle have both improved in competitiveness over the last month - we've only just been outlasted by a few teams recently that consider themselves genuine finals contenders.

Dragons, Dogs and Warriors are the teams going out right backwards, I personally think Warriors have had the worse season of any team - so much potential and so many games thrown away. Dogs are also horrendous.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 109 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:37 am

Hooray for that then..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Return to “Wests Tigers”