Time to give Woodsy and Teddy a break

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tacky

Time to give Woodsy and Teddy a break

Post by Tacky » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 1:14 pm

A lot of people on the forum and at the games have been giving these two a hard time since the news that they hadn't taken up the contract offers. Yeah, they didn't contact the club about their decision, which was pretty bad but, as they have both said, they haven't made up their minds yet as to what they will be doing next year. On the weekend they both showed that they are still willing to put in 110% to their performances for this club. I don't know about you but they all looked pretty passionate on the field from my perspective. Everyone assumed that they were leaving because they read it in a newspaper or on a rumour website but, they have both stated they haven't signed anywhere else yet. They said they weren't ready to make up their minds at this moment. A lot of the controversy has come from journalists and rumour websites. Truth is we really don't know what is going on with these guys. It wasn't smart of Woods to meet with Bulldogs players before the match but, I don't think Woodsy is the smartest bloke to begin with. Anyway, fans will do what they will at the games but, I think they have shown that they deserve a bit of respect while they are still wearing the clubs jersey.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 1:15 pm

Glad we finally have a thread about this.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 1:17 pm

Not every thought needs its own thread.

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 1:21 pm

Ooh they havnt made a decision .. why didnt they just say that when the deadline was put in place instead of just ignoring it and allowing the media controversy to continue ? They along with their manager are 100% responsible for all the backlash generated. At least Moses made his intentions clear from the get go and doesnt seem to be attracting anywhere near the criticism Woods and Tedesco are receiving

Ebbytiger

Post by Ebbytiger » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 1:24 pm

Booooooo

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 1:26 pm

Earl...in 3-2-....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Jobymac

Post by Jobymac » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 1:32 pm

Carefactor wrote:
Tue 25 Apr, 2017 1:21 pm
Ooh they havnt made a decision .. why didnt they just say that when the deadline was put in place instead of just ignoring it and allowing the media controversy to continue ? They along with their manager are 100% responsible for all the backlash generated. At least Moses made his intentions clear from the get go and doesnt seem to be attracting anywhere near the criticism Woods and Tedesco are receiving
Drama queens the two of them....They are deliberately trying to bring the club to its knees.

I will keep booing Woods until he at least falls on his sword and relinquishes the captaincy, he is a disgrace, not for leaving, good riddance,but he way he has handled it.

Moses has just got on with the job.

Teddy, well He is the loss that we will feel....but too me he is carrying on like a rooster already!!

madgey76

Post by madgey76 » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:10 pm

Ahhhh they have had 6 months to think about it if they are as passionate about this club as they have said they would have signed, and besides it's my god damm given right to boo cheer whom ever I want to I'm a 10 member of this club I think I've earned it don't you.

Earl

Post by Earl » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:15 pm

I fail to understand how anyone can call themselves a supporter and not boo these cretins.

Loyalty and integrity matter to some people. If it doesn't matter to you go and support someone like the Rorters.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:17 pm

Ok I will not boo them. I will simply call them cretins over the fence, is that ok?

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:20 pm

madgey76 wrote:
Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:12 pm
Ahhhh they have had 6 months to think about it if they are as passionate about this club as they have said they would have signed, and besides it's my god damm given right to boo cheer whom ever I want to I'm a 10 year member of this club I think I've earned it don't you.
As Cleary said, fans pay their hard earned money to support this team therefore they are entitled to boo or cheer whoever they want. It's just that a lot of the controversy seems to be coming from unsubstantiated rumours. We really don't know the circumstances that have lead to them not taking up the contracts with the club.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

marzie

Post by marzie » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:25 pm

I'll give them a break when they give us a break

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:28 pm

They have made their decisions but cannot say so as their new clubs have to have time to reorganise their books or do creative accounting before coming up with a contract.
They are stringing the club along in the meantime, that is why the club withdrew their offers.
The fans have every right to boo them. And I would be booing marina go as well for suggesting otherwise. What an idiot.
The players in question have no loyalty to the fans so I don't think the booing would faze them either way.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:33 pm

Im with you on this one Tacky - lots of factors that the club and players could have done better not just during the negotiation period, but also over the last two years - all that have contributed to the outcome we find ourselves in now.

Ebbytiger

Post by Ebbytiger » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 3:07 pm

This.
Earl wrote:
Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:15 pm
I fail to understand how anyone can call themselves a supporter and not boo these cretins.

Loyalty and integrity matter to some people. If it doesn't matter to you go and support someone like the Rorters.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 3:10 pm

Ebbytiger wrote:
Tue 25 Apr, 2017 3:07 pm
This.
Earl wrote:
Tue 25 Apr, 2017 2:15 pm

As I wrote in another thread:

You can boo whoever you want. But, booing someone because of a rumour you read in the newspaper or because of assumptions that you've made, isn't a very good reason. These players might be acting very differently to the way they've been portrayed in the media.
Pres. MCK fan club

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 3:26 pm

Maybe another thread on what was posted in another thread would work...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 3:54 pm

I'm totally indifferent to the whole thing now. Don't care what they do or how they act. The damage is done and it's really killed my enthusiasm.