Mitch Moses being watched by NRL

Wests Tigers Discussion
DonnyBrasco

Re: Mitch Moses being watched by NRL

Unread post by DonnyBrasco » Sun 14 May, 2017 5:05 pm

Should be forced to attend weekly visits with a psych for a year.
Tigers for 2022!

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Sun 14 May, 2017 5:07 pm

Might be being watched by NRL, certainly not being watched by any selectors for any Rep teams.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

Tap Twist Snap

Unread post by Tap Twist Snap » Sun 14 May, 2017 5:13 pm

Wonder if any of his team mates have it in them to have a go at him. No sign of any of that on the field as yet. Last time I remember a player being so obviously uncommitted in our Jersey was Teo and Heighno gave him a mouthful on the field.

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sun 14 May, 2017 5:21 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 2:27 pm
Either play him in reserves or release him. Its very simple. He shouldnt play another first grade game for us again.
100% agree with you mate.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Jobymac
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Jobymac » Sun 14 May, 2017 5:21 pm

Tap Twist Snap wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 5:13 pm
Wonder if any of his team mates have it in them to have a go at him. No sign of any of that on the field as yet. Last time I remember a player being so obviously uncommitted in our Jersey was Teo and Heighno gave him a mouthful on the field.
Funny that, Moses gave a obviously injured Nofa a mouthful at Leichhardt the other night!!!!

Club Sandwich

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sun 14 May, 2017 5:23 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 4:16 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 4:10 pm
Sun 14 May, 2017 4:04 pm
Interesting if he is being investigated although there must be little they can do unless he is taking money. Good to see the media calling him out
It is his welfare that matters most. It is not about cash.
Well they will have to sit him out for a while and compensate the club. If they try and force the hand of the club to release him it will be open season and every player that wants to leave will claim they have mental welfare issues to get out of their contract. It's not really a welfare issue if you have a tantrum because you can't get your way
I wish that were true however Darius Boyd's "mental health" issues that allowed him to leave the Knights mid contract and follow his bosom buddy Wayne Bennet springs to mind.

Club Sandwich

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sun 14 May, 2017 5:25 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 4:27 pm
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
To pawsandclaws
Integrity plays a big part in it also.
It was a tongue in cheek comment. Moses has been a huge disappointment. I look forward to the day we move him on and replace him with a player of better disposition.
I look forward to the day when we come up against him in Parra colours and a Tigers forward king hits him.

nrlcountrytiger

Unread post by nrlcountrytiger » Sun 14 May, 2017 8:09 pm

Onthebus wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 2:12 pm
NRL could make a 3 year mini series out of his crap performances
:D

ryanda01
Has liked: 4 times

Unread post by ryanda01 » Sun 14 May, 2017 8:47 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 5:25 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 4:27 pm
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
To pawsandclaws
Integrity plays a big part in it also.
It was a tongue in cheek comment. Moses has been a huge disappointment. I look forward to the day we move him on and replace him with a player of better disposition.
I look forward to the day when we come up against him in Parra colours and a Tigers forward king hits him.
Pfffft. King hitting ex-Tigers when they are in the opposition team doesn't happen. Not like a prop going to Crunulla tried to king hit an ex-WT hooker playing at 14 for the bunnies.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 14 May, 2017 8:52 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 5:21 pm
05TIGZ wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 2:27 pm
Either play him in reserves or release him. Its very simple. He shouldnt play another first grade game for us again.
100% agree with you mate.
I have tried to steer clear of bagging Moses as most on here have done it for me,and quite rightly so,however I must tell you that I spoke to Ryan,Pascoes assistant the guy we got from AFL a couple of years ago,he is a very intelligent and knowledgeable person....we conversed for awhile about the Wests Tigers and Moses was mentioned,I said that we have invested heavily in youth and potential that haven't produced in the NRL arena,he answered me honestly and openly,he said Brooks has taken some time and Tedesco is going well,Moses he said has potential,however he is arragant and does not mix with the members such as myself,but prefers to go elsewhere with his mates..he told me that the WTs are trying to get him to be more involved with people after the game functions,I told him he isn't good enough to walk around after games with his head up his arse and treat people as lesser beings..
Ryan said that it was a good annology of him....so there you go he does seem to be to good to be at the WTs and I will be glad he goes to Parra and away from us...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Harvey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Harvey » Mon 15 May, 2017 8:18 am

Play him in reserve grade till 30 June then stand him down for his wellbeing. Can't join Parramatta this year then

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 17 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 15 May, 2017 9:19 am

TigerWoods wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 5:23 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 14 May, 2017 4:10 pm
Sun 14 May, 2017 4:04 pm
Interesting if he is being investigated although there must be little they can do unless he is taking money. Good to see the media calling him out
It is his welfare that matters most. It is not about cash.
Well they will have to sit him out for a while and compensate the club. If they try and force the hand of the club to release him it will be open season and every player that wants to leave will claim they have mental welfare issues to get out of their contract. It's not really a welfare issue if you have a tantrum because you can't get your way
I wish that were true however Darius Boyd's "mental health" issues that allowed him to leave the Knights mid contract and follow his bosom buddy Wayne Bennet springs to mind.
Totally different situation, players weren't getting paid and Nathan Tinkler was sending abusive text messages to them as well.

jai_donaldson
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by jai_donaldson » Mon 15 May, 2017 10:02 am

I would seriously drop him to rezzies after Friday's performance. A committed player deserves to get dropped after a game like that let alone someone who clearly doesn't wish to be there. We have options at 5/8, play Littlejohn or Rankin there or even Taylor as he has ball playing ability. Rankin probably a better option as he offers goal kicking ability as well.
57 missed tackles for the game and a first half completion rate of less than 50% is appalling at NRL level. Teddy was a dead set passenger out there and was barely noticed. Made some very ordinary defensive reads and attempts and his attack was weak as piss. Both him and Moses looked disinterested. I very nearly went to the game but thankfully i left work late and was unable to as it saved me money and embarrassment.
Moses obviously doesn't want to be there so release him now and be done with it. You won't see Rankin or littlejohn tanking like that. They may not be the most skillful guys but they will do a hell of a lot better and give it their all.

Russell
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 120 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 15 May, 2017 10:32 am

I agree to getting rid of him - either release or drop him.

I agree that JLJ or Rankin would be the logical replacement as they give 100%.

However I don't think I could stand the backlash from Forum members if they had a bad game. The whipping boys would cop heaps. I think even 851 suggested Rankin would be better in a Forum post (a known Rankin "I'll be kind" critic). He would be better until something went wrong then the haters would be out in droves.

For JLJ and Rankin's peace of mind leave them out of the team - neither of them can win.

Looks like we will have to put up with Moses then..... or get someone before June 30.

Yossarian
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 107 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Mon 15 May, 2017 10:33 am

But doesn't Moses have that guru his manager wanted us to put on the books to shrink his head?

Bee-Em
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Bee-Em » Mon 15 May, 2017 10:41 am

The Cowboys aren't giving Ponga an early release which is something the Knights would more than welcome.

Don't see anyone kicking up a stink over that

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Mon 15 May, 2017 11:18 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 10:32 am
I agree to getting rid of him - either release or drop him.

I agree that JLJ or Rankin would be the logical replacement as they give 100%.

However I don't think I could stand the backlash from Forum members if they had a bad game. The whipping boys would cop heaps. I think even 851 suggested Rankin would be better in a Forum post (a known Rankin "I'll be kind" critic). He would be better until something went wrong then the haters would be out in droves.

For JLJ and Rankin's peace of mind leave them out of the team - neither of them can win.

Looks like we will have to put up with Moses then..... or get someone before June 30.
So you want to persist with a guy who is potentially throwing games and unanimously upsetting the supporter base because his ready-made replacements at the club MIGHT have a bad game and MIGHT cop the ire of a small selection of an anonymous fan base on a football forum?

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Mon 15 May, 2017 11:19 am

Bee-Em wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 10:41 am
The Cowboys aren't giving Ponga an early release which is something the Knights would more than welcome.

Don't see anyone kicking up a stink over that
...and they are not playing him in first grade every week.

Return to “Wests Tigers”