Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Re: Mitch Moses being watched by NRL

Unread post by Russell » Mon 15 May, 2017 11:23 am

stryker wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 11:18 am
Russell wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 10:32 am
I agree to getting rid of him - either release or drop him.

I agree that JLJ or Rankin would be the logical replacement as they give 100%.

However I don't think I could stand the backlash from Forum members if they had a bad game. The whipping boys would cop heaps. I think even 851 suggested Rankin would be better in a Forum post (a known Rankin "I'll be kind" critic). He would be better until something went wrong then the haters would be out in droves.

For JLJ and Rankin's peace of mind leave them out of the team - neither of them can win.

Looks like we will have to put up with Moses then..... or get someone before June 30.
So you want to persist with a guy who is potentially throwing games and unanimously upsetting the supporter base because his ready-made replacements at the club MIGHT have a bad game and MIGHT cop the ire of a small selection of an anonymous fan base on a football forum?
It was a lot better when you were fishing!

Nelson
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by Nelson » Mon 15 May, 2017 11:57 am

stryker wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 11:19 am
Bee-Em wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 10:41 am
The Cowboys aren't giving Ponga an early release which is something the Knights would more than welcome.

Don't see anyone kicking up a stink over that
...and they are not playing him in first grade every week.
...to their own detriment.

DonnyBrasco

Unread post by DonnyBrasco » Mon 15 May, 2017 12:27 pm

One of the questions in the SMH crossword today is "reluctance to make an effort"
The answer is five spaces...
Tigers for 2022!

jai_donaldson
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by jai_donaldson » Mon 15 May, 2017 12:30 pm

Hahahaha surely the answer is Moses.

underdog
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Mon 15 May, 2017 12:41 pm

stryker wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 11:19 am
Bee-Em wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 10:41 am
The Cowboys aren't giving Ponga an early release which is something the Knights would more than welcome.

Don't see anyone kicking up a stink over that
...and they are not playing him in first grade every week.
However when he plays he puts in.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 15 May, 2017 1:16 pm

MOSES ADMITS HE’S FINDING IT TOUGH TO GET FIRED FROM THE TIGERS
Editor - May 15, 2017
RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS - MOSES AT TRAINING YESTERDAY.

Mitchell Moses has revealed his anguish at failing to be let go by the Tigers despite his best efforts to play the worst football of his career.

“I’ve been doing everything I can to get the release, I’m intentionally missing tackles, I’m kicking the ball on the third tackle for no real reason and I’ve even performed a few chip and chases from inside my own in-goal area but nothing seems to work,” a distraught Moses told The Footy Show this week.

“At this stage I might as well be like Jackson Hastings and just play like this for real for the rest of my career.”

The Tigers are holding firm on their commitment to deny Moses a release to the Eels, however NRL observers are questioning how long the club can withstand Moses’ tactics.

“I’ll admit it has been tough to watch Mitchell deliberately feed the scrum the wrong way and take field goal attempts when we are down by 20 points, but the board have made a commitment to keep him here until the end of the season and we must honour that commitment,” Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said.

THE FAULT REPORT IS A SATIRICAL WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO REALITY IS PURELY (AND LAMENTABLY) COINCIDENTAL.

http://www.thefaultreport.com.au/sport/ ... he-tigers/
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Mon 15 May, 2017 1:18 pm

No way should we release him to Parra, thats what he wants.

We should hold out and make the change on our terms. If his form is poor drop him to RG, thats what would be done with any player regardless of the contract issues.

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Mon 15 May, 2017 2:58 pm

If i was in Sydney right now I'd go and buy half a dozen Parramatta Jerseys and hurl them paired with abuse at Moses as he enters the Tunnel at half time and full-time.

Seriously.

AnnandaleTiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:00 pm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LEAVING SOON?: Ben Elias says <a href="https://twitter.com/WestsTigers">@WestsTigers</a> Tigers five-eighth Mitchell Moses will join <a href="https://twitter.com/TheParraEels">@TheParraEels</a> tomorrow morning <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash">#NRL</a> <a href="https://t.co/zA7NFqPeCA">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; FOX SPORTS News (@FOXSportsNews) <a href=" 15, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Curaeus
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Curaeus » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:29 pm

Moses continued selection in 1st grade is unfair to the likes of Rankin and Littlejohn. Whilst neither of these journeymen footballers are, or will ever be stars, both give 100% every time they get a chance to play in the top grade. We are not good enough to carry anyone as out of form as Moses is at the moment.

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:37 pm

Mitch Moses does not yet have a 2018 NRL contract registered, because they were hoping to get him this year.

I reckon he knocks $50,000 off his value every time he plays. No wonder Uncle Isaac wants the deal done ASAP

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by jctiger » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:40 pm

Now that uncle benny has come out and admitted that his head is is the wrong place just drop the wimp. Must be obvious to everyone by now that he's purposely not putting in. Surprised his team mates haven't decked him by now.

Jobymac
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Jobymac » Mon 15 May, 2017 10:21 pm

jctiger wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 3:40 pm
Now that uncle benny has come out and admitted that his head is is the wrong place just drop the wimp. Must be obvious to everyone by now that he's purposely not putting in. Surprised his team mates haven't decked him by now.
I guess a few would want to......actually it would be worth the bad publicity if they did.

Or Ivan could do it

:lol: :lol:

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 16 May, 2017 12:34 am

Jobymac wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 10:21 pm
jctiger wrote:
I guess a few would want to......actually it would be worth the bad publicity if they did.

Or Ivan could do it

:lol: :lol:
Sounds like a Jason Taylor assignment. We're probably still paying him anyway.

LeichhardtTiger
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by LeichhardtTiger » Tue 16 May, 2017 12:51 am

News From Tanking (China): Mitchell Moses has parted the Yangtze River all by himself. NRL Integrity Unit call it a Natural Split. No Action will be taken as the Destination of Moses is a Natural home for Slimy Eels.
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:44 am

Curaeus wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 3:29 pm
Moses continued selection in 1st grade is unfair to the likes of Rankin and Littlejohn. Whilst neither of these journeymen footballers are, or will ever be stars, both give 100% every time they get a chance to play in the top grade. We are not good enough to carry anyone as out of form as Moses is at the moment.
I suppose we'll soon see another media outrage about Rankin suffering mental anguish because Moses is constantly selected in spite of form.
"Quality Stupidity"

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Tue 16 May, 2017 6:48 am

jctiger wrote:
Would you get 10 in the bin for decking a player from your own team?
"Quality Stupidity"

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Tue 16 May, 2017 7:49 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 16 May, 2017 6:48 am
jctiger wrote:
Would you get 10 in the bin for decking a player from your own team?
I don't think their is, be great for a highlight reel, and no doubt you would get a standing ovation, from all at the game. :wahoo:
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

Return to “Wests Tigers”