Gus' idea about concentrating on South West Sydney

Wests Tigers Discussion
prattenparkchild

Re: Gus' idea about concentrating on South West Sydney

Unread post by prattenparkchild » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 5:55 pm

Would the inner west and balmain crowd go there or is the ANZ Homebush stadium a more logical inner west location? I dont mind any possibility just raising the question what would people want to travel to?
In my mind has to be convenient with transport and comfortable to use when there. I dont count as I'm overseas for 3 years and then back to Canberra- used to be a Croydon boy but thats gone but it would be interesting to see a survey of fans to get some guidance.

Harvey
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Harvey » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 5:56 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 5:26 pm
prattenparkchild wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 5:14 pm
Why would we use Pirtek Stadium when its complete? Its Parra's traditional home ground and will continue to be when reconstructed. Its never had anything to do with Wests Tigers / Wests Magpies or Balmain Tigers. Is Leichhardt Oval being donwgraded or just too expensive to use anymore?
It will be a brand new 30k stadium in the west. We are idiots if we don't play there.
Why? Will they pay us to play there. Will there be reciprocated membership deals with all the other clubs that play there? Who are these other clubs?

gallagher
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:07 pm

Harvey wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 5:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
prattenparkchild wrote:
Why would we use Pirtek Stadium when its complete? Its Parra's traditional home ground and will continue to be when reconstructed. Its never had anything to do with Wests Tigers / Wests Magpies or Balmain Tigers. Is Leichhardt Oval being donwgraded or just too expensive to use anymore?
It will be a brand new 30k stadium in the west. We are idiots if we don't play there.
Why? Will they pay us to play there. Will there be reciprocated membership deals with all the other clubs that play there? Who are these other clubs?
I dont know if we will be paid to play there or to have any answers any of the other questions.
But I know it will be a modern 30k stadium in the west. The only other option would be a developed ANZ. All other options are simlpy too stupid to talk about IMO.
Which will probaly mean we'll just keep doing the same thing weve always done, just existed.

prattenparkchild

Unread post by prattenparkchild » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:18 pm

I agree we have too many grounds we play at and no real home at present. Sounds like Leichhardt is falling out of favour / ability to be used. Yes, there is Campbelltown. Whichever way we go we leave ourselves open to a sizable disgruntled group of fans. Not easy but the decision has to be made.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:20 pm

couldn't be bothered reading all the crap for and against playing at Campbelltown...I will state for a fact..if we didn't have the Olympics in 2000 and the astronomical bill to put the games on we would have had Campbelltown and LO as home grounds ...of course the OS will pay us big money to play there,thats what they have to do to pay for themselves..Campbelltown is a great venue and so is LO we need marketing and business prowess to make it happen,it is a big possibility especially if we have some sort of club or venue not far from LO in the near future...Ihave said it before and I will say it again,I have been at Campo when we have had 19,20 21 thousand at games ,not bad figures for the West..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 128 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:25 pm

If Gus were our GM we'd have a much bigger presence in Ctown.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 114 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:35 pm

I dont like the idea of losing more of our identity which is what will occur should we play at a new Parra stdm imo

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:35 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:18 pm
I agree we have too many grounds we play at and no real home at present. Sounds like Leichhardt is falling out of favour / ability to be used. Yes, there is Campbelltown. Whichever way we go we leave ourselves open to a sizable disgruntled group of fans. Not easy but the decision has to be made.
That's been the problem with the club for 18 seasons. Trying to keep everyone happy instead of making smart decisions.
Pascoe said he was going to fix the home ground situation.

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:35 pm
I dont like the idea of losing more of our identity which is what will occur should we play at a new Parra stdm imo
All these home grounds has taken the chance of an identity away IMO.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 7:05 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:37 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:35 pm
All these home grounds has taken the chance of an identity away IMO.
Like it or lump it,Campo was the home of the Magpies after Lidcombe,LO was always the home of the Balmain Tigers....we merged as one unit the mighty Wests Tigers...we need a home ground and to me Campo fits the bill...LO is where the Benny Elias factor is related to...a dead end..Campo can be a centre for WTs for years to come..its just that some supporters can't lower themselves to travel out there..I travel 1.25 hours to go to a game at Campo and look forward to the day or night out..I'm an out of town member and the guys who have met me at the forum get together know me well enough that I make the effort to support the club and forum members,if I can do it then why can't others,we have had the numbers at games before.???
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 7:12 pm

I don't have a problem with us playing all bar 3 of our home games at Campbelltown. 3 a year at liechhardt would do me.

Tigers4ever
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Tigers4ever » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 8:11 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 7:12 pm
I don't have a problem with us playing all bar 3 of our home games at Campbelltown. 3 a year at liechhardt would do me.
PERFECT!!!!!

Harvey
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Harvey » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 8:26 pm

I live near ctown and go to games there. Go to ANZ ad that is easy enough to get to. Allianz is also not bad. Leichhardt is a pain in terms of public transport but Parramatta is terrible to get to from anywhere other than the west or central Sydney

colmcd
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by colmcd » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 8:29 pm

Harvey wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 5:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
prattenparkchild wrote:
All the games Parramatta must play at Ctown when they verse us. They must bend down and pay homage to the Sizzlers near the stadium and bask in the Glory of Campbelltown.

Seriously Why would we even think of just playing at a Parra Stadium. We need to solidify our home groundage and cut out Olympic park. Leichhardt 4 times, the rest Ctown. Aim for one Venue.

Eddie
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 8:51 pm

The new Parramatta Stadium has a chance of being magnificent.

I reckon the club would be mad not to explore the option of playing some games there especially if ANZ is going to be out of action.

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm sure I read earlier this year that the board see our footprint to be the inner west. This would rule out Campbelltown as a home base. I'm saying this (and I'm a Leichhardt Oval tragic) I don't understand this direction. I think we should definitely base ourselves at Campbelltown and ensure all juniors there feed into a Wests Tigers system. You've only got to drive from Liverpool to Campbelltown via narellan to see the population explosion out there. From where I sit, I think the inner west direction is all about Magpie power on the board and is a really poor long term strategy

Telltails
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Telltails » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 7:32 am

Campbelltown is a long way from Wests Ashfield while they back the club financially basing themselves in Campbelltown is not a good move for the club. Part of a clubs function is its links to the community. Unless they up and move an already thriving establishment elsewhere, cant see them supporting a base at Campbelltown.

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 9:15 am

Harvey wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 8:26 pm
I live near ctown and go to games there. Go to ANZ ad that is easy enough to get to. Allianz is also not bad. Leichhardt is a pain in terms of public transport but Parramatta is terrible to get to from anywhere other than the west or central Sydney
Don't they have direct services from cambo to parra? It's a bit of a walk from the station but the light rail is being built.

Return to “Wests Tigers”