Brett Hodgson - assistant coach 2018 *Official.

Wests Tigers Discussion
Seantice

Brett Hodgson - assistant coach 2018 *Official.

Post by Seantice » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 8:43 am

Hodgson to return to Wests

Brett Hodgson - a legend at the Wests Tigers - is set to return to the club next season as Ivan Cleary’s right hand man.

One of the heroes of the Tigers’ remarkable 2005 premiership win, Hodgson is a future NRL head coach and is currently an assistant at English club Widnes Vikings.

The classy former fullback is a Western Suburbs junior and still holds many of the joint venture’s pointscoring records.

Hodgson has been in England since 2009, finishing his playing career with stints at Huddersfield and Warrington, and is keen to come home to his beloved Tigers.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/04/07/1 ... 92M7Cz6.99

Awesome news. Hes a smart man. Bring alot to our attack.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 8:47 am

Certainly is great news. Have loads of respect for him. Bet Cowboys remember him still too from that first semi in 2005.

What's with WT loving the kickers? Taylor, Cleary, Hodgson, all great goal kickers. Hoping something rubs off, though Lolohea looks the goods which is a nice change.

Didn't know he was a Maggies junior, thought we got him from Eels back in the day. Good to know he was ours before that.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 8:49 am

This would be great, would help our full backs and goal kickers!

My son will be cheering, Hodgo is one of his all time favourite players!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 8:50 am

I love Hodgo
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 8:57 am

awesome

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 8:58 am

One of our favourite sons ..
Just having him there will be a massive boost..

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:03 am

Great news

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:06 am

Very good news. We should have full-back play and goal kicking covered with Hodgo and Ivan.
Need more props.

Chris

Post by Chris » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:08 am

He'll come back as ISP Head Coach and NRL Assistant Coach.

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:09 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Tue 04 Jul, 2017 8:47 am
Certainly is great news. Have loads of respect for him. Bet Cowboys remember him still too from that first semi in 2005.

What's with WT loving the kickers? Taylor, Cleary, Hodgson, all great goal kickers. Hoping something rubs off, though Lolohea looks the goods which is a nice change.

Didn't know he was a Maggies junior, thought we got him from Eels back in the day. Good to know he was ours before that.
When the Sydney Team Merge was first touted, Parramatta & The Tigers were linked and Canterbury & West were an item.
I understand that when the Tigers went to Parra to discuss a possible merge they were shown a Baseball Cap with the Tigers Logo - The Parramatta Tigers - telling then Tigers boss John Chalk that the logo was the only thing they wanted. Well that didn't end well. But when the Tigers & Wests came together Wests Junior Hodgo had already been approached by Parramatta & given the uncertainty you can't blame him from jumping to a perceptively strong Parra squad. (Sounds like Tigers 2017) But he returned in 2004 to our fold and the rest is history.
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:18 am

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:09 am
TigerTiger wrote:

When the Sydney Team Merge was first touted, Parramatta & The Tigers were linked and Canterbury & West were an item.
I understand that when the Tigers went to Parra to discuss a possible merge they were shown a Baseball Cap with the Tigers Logo - The Parramatta Tigers - telling then Tigers boss John Chalk that the logo was the only thing they wanted. Well that didn't end well. But when the Tigers & Wests came together Wests Junior Hodgo had already been approached by Parramatta & given the uncertainty you can't blame him from jumping to a perceptively strong Parra squad. (Sounds like Tigers 2017) But he returned in 2004 to our fold and the rest is history.
Oh I certainly don't blame Hodgo for going to the Eels back then. It was a crazy time, and to my knowledge he had always handled himself with class.

The sort of guy who knows that it's not skill or size that gets the team over the line, it's bloody hard work.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:20 am

Now there is a REAL legend of the club.

Hope it is true - can only see great benefits from having "Hodgo" back with us.

Lolo - should be a superstar goalkicker /fullback after being coached by Cleary and Hodgson.

Great times ahead ... Luv it!!!!

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:21 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:18 am
LeichhardtTiger wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:

Oh I certainly don't blame Hodgo for going to the Eels back then. It was a crazy time, and to my knowledge he had always handled himself with class.

The sort of guy who knows that it's not skill or size that gets the team over the line, it's bloody hard work.
Played for the Magpies from 1997 to 1999, played mostly wing, filled in at fullback when required until Andrew Leeds retired in early 1999 then took over the fullback role permanently, also played a few games at halfback during the 1998 season.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Don’t you ever let a chance go by, O Claws, don’t you ever let a chance go by....

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:22 am

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:

Btw, this sort of comment is why I really enjoy this forum. I get to hear so many people tell me stories and little things about my beloved club that I never knew. Thanks LeichhardtTiger.
Cheers mate.

Post by 2041 » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:23 am

It'll be tough for Hodgson to take over as coach after Cleary retires at the end of the 2029 season having led the club to a record-breaking 11th consecutive premiership. Fortunately he'll be able to call on the support of trusted lieutenant Chris Lawrence, recently retired from playing after his record breaking 400th first-grade appearance.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:24 am

"In hodge we trust"
:wahoo:

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:25 am

Welcome back you legend!!!

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 9:31 am

Let's hope he works out better than Skandalis who was pretty useless. I hope it's not a job for the old boys again hopefully Cleary is smarter than that.