Lolohea at fullback 2018

Wests Tigers Discussion
stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 141 times

Re: Lolohea at fullback 2018

Unread post by stryker » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 7:35 am

Cotric is an awesome prospect.
Great physic, fast, elusive, usually positions himself well and keen to learn.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 7:42 am

tigerbill wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 5:32 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:55 am
Needaname wrote:
Wed 23 Aug, 2017 10:37 pm
One thing that is over looked is how important it is to read and organise defence whilst at fullback.
I hope I'm wrong but I feel we may fall short in this area with Lolohea at the back.
I'm not as concerned, if you look at the try saver by teddy against the Roosters, LoLo was screaming instructions to Teddy. Teddy got the credit by the commentators but LoLo was part the reason. He got him self inbetween the outside runners and the ball carrier and was waving at Teddy to take the ball runner and the inside support.

I think he will be fine.
I'm glad someone else brought this up. The replay was so telling of Lolo directing traffic. He's strong, has a good step. I think he looks good.

PS: anyone reckon Nick Cotric is another Tedesco in the making?
Yes I think Cotric is going to be a future superstar,
now that we have got our cap under control we should start to offer money to guys like Cotric and Latrel Mitchell even if we don't get them it forces their clubs to blow their budgets to keep them.

Russell
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 82 times

Unread post by Russell » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 8:33 am

Needaname wrote:
Wed 23 Aug, 2017 10:37 pm
One thing that is over looked is how important it is to read and organise defence whilst at fullback.
I hope I'm wrong but I feel we may fall short in this area with Lolohea at the back.
I don't think we will fall short at all.

Lolohea reads the game better than most, you can see it on the video clips and how he has played since he has been with us. This guy is a "Goodun" make no mistake and FB is is spot, as you say an integral part of a FB today is a team organiser in defence.

Tacky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Tacky » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 2:58 pm

Lean Wests Tigers star Tuimoala Lolohea studies James Tedesco’s fullback blueprint

August 24, 2017 6:00am
Nathan Ryan
@nath_ryan
Source: FOX SPORTS

WESTS Tigers livewire Tuimoala Lolohea has lost six kilos since leaving the Warriors.

Now he’s revealed his plans to drop even more weight in a bid to prepare his body for the added workload needed to excel in the fullback role.

Confirming he’ll claim James Tedesco’s No.1 jersey when the NSW star moves to the Roosters next season, Lolohea, who currently weighs 94 kilos after tipping the scales at 99 when he first arrived at the club, said the weight loss is all part of his plan to transition to fullback.

“I take little tips off Teddy when he plays and trains,” Lolohea told foxsports.com.au.

“He’s been a consistent performer all year. He creates something out of nothing. He’s just a freak. Sometimes I’m standing on the field watching him and I’m like ‘what the?’ there’s probably no one else who can do what he does.

“He follows the ball and gets himself in good position to receive the ball from an offload and that’s when he does his magic.

“Definitely, I know we’ll be different. I’ve set out a goal to come back even lighter for the pre-season. Hopefully I’ll be three or four kilos down.”

Doing extra training and having tweaked his diet, the Kiwi international has transformed his body.

Losing motivation at the Warriors and developing bad habits, the 22-year-old has cut the take away food from his diet and prepares his own meals.

“When I came over here, I came over really heavy,” he said.

“I got a bit complacent and was doing stuff I didn’t usually do … now I feel good.

“I was doing extras – cardio and eating right so that’s helped me a lot. Living on my own has motivated me to cook.

“I have my dinners early. I eat around 5.30 and if I get hungry later I just snack on nuts and that’s helped me a lot. At home it was the opposite. I’d eat late so switching it has helped.”

Playing a utility role at the Warriors, Lolohea was spinning his wheels this season which prompted him to request an early release from his contract.

Since arriving at Concord, he’s found a home in the halves but next year he’ll switch to a role where he’s played 21 of his 63 top grade games.

While he’s played almost every role on offer from hooker, half, wing and centre, it’s fullback which will allow him to best tap into his running game.

“That’s the plan,” he said when asked if he’ll play fullback in 2018.

“It’s all up to me and how bad I really want it.

“If I really want the position I’ll find my way to earn that number one spot.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 46df999357
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

tigerap
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by tigerap » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:43 pm

Good attitude..Tui...I am hoping he really shines at FB in 2018...and we all end up saying Teddy who...?

bathursttiger

Unread post by bathursttiger » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 4:18 pm

Some people were worried about his lack of speed, but I noticed that he kept up with Teddy when he scored that try.

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 4:44 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 06 Sep, 2017 4:18 pm
Some people were worried about his lack of speed, but I noticed that he kept up with Teddy when he scored that try.
He sure did and than did well to avoid the cover.

I think he is enjoying the opportunity IC has given him and will flourish under his coaching.

Good times ahead

ku5tom
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by ku5tom » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 5:52 pm

I think he will be great at fullback, he looks dangerous when he runs the ball. Hopefully the experience he got from playing in the halves this season will see him get involved as a fullback offensively. I am sure he would do well up the middle in broken play and running good lines in set plays.

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 7:42 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
And he gave the ball to MWZ who made the initial break - followed through all the way by backing up - (dare I say it - alla Terry Lamb, hate that guy) - and scored the try. Just a small taste of things to come imo.

bathursttiger

Unread post by bathursttiger » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 8:44 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 06 Sep, 2017 7:42 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
And he gave the ball to MWZ who made the initial break - followed through all the way by backing up - (dare I say it - alla Terry Lamb, hate that guy) - and scored the try. Just a small taste of things to come imo.
Is that because of the Ellery Hanley incident?

willow
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by willow » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:22 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
He's not slow, and if he drops another 3-4kg he'll be better on his feet still.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by formerguest » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 10:28 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 06 Sep, 2017 8:44 pm
Russell wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
It was for me, with encouraging Hoppa to play poker icing the cake.

TYGA
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by TYGA » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 10:35 pm

Tui will be a gun at fullback. He's very quick, good under the high ball, reads play well and I think can come in as a second 5/8 selectively. He will have to improve aerobic fitness and positional play but he has more talent than most. Cleary will revive his career.

BalmainBoy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by BalmainBoy » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 6:15 am

He's a better 6 than Reynolds ., that's the disappointing thing for me

weststigerman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by weststigerman » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 6:36 am

I think he'll do well in most aspects of fullback.

What concerns me is how he'll go taking bombs, he's not very tall and in the reserve grade game I saw from him playing fullback with the Warriors he had a bit of trouble with bombs.

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 8:31 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
Sure is BT - and the fact he was allowed to get away with it.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 11:31 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 07 Sep, 2017 8:31 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
Sure is BT - and the fact he was allowed to get away with it.
Suli and Marsters are two players who will benefit greatly from having a ball playing fullback rather than just a runner of the ball.

Return to “Wests Tigers”