Lolohea at fullback 2018

Wests Tigers Discussion
Seantice
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Lolohea at fullback 2018

Unread post by Seantice » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 1:03 pm

He has some great qualities. Honestly think we need him if we have reynolds and brooks in the halves. I love when he passes he goes directly to the line and straightens the attack. Hope reynolds learns a thing or two about playing direct.

Nucky Thompson
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 8:11 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:28 pm
Trouble is, a lot of posters are saying can he replace Tedesco.

If you are looking for another Tedesco, the answer is no.

The answer is no because there isn't another Tedesco.

If we are looking for a really good full back, who can position himself well, has a good passing game, a great step, fast over a short distance, a really good defender from FB with his best years ahead - then we already have him.

His name is Lolohea.
There always a new kid on the block they just need to step up.

sideline eye
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Wed 02 Aug, 2017 3:14 pm

Any of the issues with his game are not so serious that they can't be coached out of it and I believe Ivan is more than capable of doing so. As for his pace, he looks to me to have blinding pace over any distance and that is something that he brings to us that we desperately need at fullback with Teddy going.

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 9:59 am

I wish he'd be more decisive when he gets the ball, especially when he runs it.
I like when he just gets it straightens and takes off at a gap, he seems to hesitate too much and drift sideways before he makes a decision to run or pass.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:10 am

TIGER wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 9:59 am
I like when he just gets it straightens and takes off at a gap, he seems to hesitate too much and drift sideways before he makes a decision to run or pass.
As far as his running game is concerned, I believe that's deliberate, he appears to hesitate, the defence hesitates and then he drops the hammer.

jirskyr
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 110 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:14 am

willow wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:10 am
TIGER wrote:
As far as his running game is concerned, I believe that's deliberate, he appears to hesitate, the defence hesitates and then he drops the hammer.
I agree he seems to have a natural stutter to his style, I've noted sometimes he stops, and if the defence doesn't hesitate, he's already changed his mind and he's doing something else. But he showed yesterday that he can put his head down too if they offer him a gap.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:17 am

For a big boy he has good turn of foot and ability to change direction laterally in a flash.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:23 am

TIGER wrote:
I am sure you are correct TIGER, I am also sure you have noticed that every game he is improving, getting more confidence again in his own ability. (Confidence that was stripped from him by that idiot Kearney). He is also playing a position imo that is not his. He is a full back through and through.

Give him a hard off season where he will also lose a few kilos which will increase his speed (you can see now, he sees the gaps, puts the foot down and just misses getting through by a whisker), plays in his best position, settles with new club mates, gets his full confidence back and with new games plans he will be a winner of the highest order.

You could see yesterday on a number of occasions that he was setting up supports (when they were there?) and he put Masters through a huge gap that he didn't take (all he had to do was run for it straight and hard - what did he do, try to side step and lost the gap). He reads the game so well.

I still think this guy will be better than Teddy and he passes the ball and for less than half the price (for now).

All we have to do is watch and be excited.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:29 am

willow wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:10 am
TIGER wrote:
He is looking more confident and comfortable each week

I personally dont think he will be bothered if he plays half or fullback
Both positions are vital and Tui seems to relish responsibility

If im not blowing steam i think he is miles more confident than Brooks

barra

Unread post by barra » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:35 am

From what I've seen the last few weeks, I'm optimistic about his attack when in the no1 next year. His defence is a worry though. On current form he's going to be little more than a speed hump at the back.

I know body size is not necessarily an indicator of actual strength but he looks like he needs to do some strength work on his arms... definitely needs to learn to stick a lot better when tackling.

Harvey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Harvey » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 5:22 pm

barra wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:35 am
From what I've seen the last few weeks, I'm optimistic about his attack when in the no1 next year. His defence is a worry though. On current form he's going to be little more than a speed hump at the back.

I know body size is not necessarily an indicator of actual strength but he looks like he needs to do some strength work on his arms... definitely needs to learn to stick a lot better when tackling.
Have you seen some of Tedesco's efforts this year when not wearing a blues jersey? The fullback shouldn't be doing much defending

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 5:53 pm

barra wrote:

Check out the highlights from Warriors days and tell me he is a speed hump. Lol

05TIGZ
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Mon 14 Aug, 2017 5:55 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 5:53 pm
barra wrote:

We are really going to miss turnstile Tedescos defence At the back.

barra

Unread post by barra » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 11:34 am

05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 5:55 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 5:53 pm
barra wrote:

We are really going to miss turnstile Tedescos defence At the back.
Obviously all true but he ain't sticking as well as he could atm - is all I'm saying.

AnnandaleTiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 11:49 am

his missed tackle stats for a half are pretty good

beachtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by beachtiger » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 12:00 pm

Not sure if anyone will agree but I see a bit of Benji in his running style, the way he drops into the line with his stutter to then drop out and step either way at right angles. I think with some room at the back he will go really well, has a decent passing game as well so I'm excited to see what he can do.

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 1:27 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 11:49 am
his missed tackle stats for a half are pretty good
I thought the same and from what I have seen he is not afraid to mix it with the big boys. Certainly ten times better than that other 6 we had in defence

upthetigers
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by upthetigers » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 4:50 pm

I honestly don't remember much of Lolohea at the Warriors but with an offseason behind him I can see this bloke being a weapon. With Cleary as coach it's not going to be a boys club and he will get the best out of the players. Exciting times ahead.

Return to “Wests Tigers”