Lolohea at fullback 2018

Wests Tigers Discussion
swag tiger
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 22 times

Lolohea at fullback 2018

Unread post by swag tiger » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:11 am

I am happy to have Lolohea as fullback next year as i can see him having space to play his natural game which makes him a dangerous prospect. How do you guys feel about having Lolohea at fullback next year? Do you think he could make the position his own?.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:29 am

Get him fit and I think he will do pretty good. IC is a great coach and I think he can get the best out of a fit Lolo

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:33 am

One thing I did notice yesterday that even for a bloke with a bit of jelly he is ridiculously sharp on his feet. He has a great ability to change his movement laterally quite quickly. Couple that with his strong running game and he'll be a threat. I guess the unknown quantity will be his ability under the high ball and defence at the back. I don't recall his time at the back for the Warriors.

I do hope that our game plan next year doesn't revolve around him seeing the ball as much as Tedesco currently does though. We will have a few more options with a bunch of strong outside backs coming to the club and a couple of aggressive front rowers so hopefully he is used a genuine x-factor rather than a staple play.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:34 am

Yep

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 11:09 am

05 said it, until we see him 100% fit it will be hard to gauge his best position.

A Hard Running Fullback looks likely at this stage!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

swag tiger
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by swag tiger » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 11:10 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:33 am
One thing I did notice yesterday that even for a bloke with a bit of jelly he is ridiculously sharp on his feet. He has a great ability to change his movement laterally quite quickly. Couple that with his strong running game and he'll be a threat. I guess the unknown quantity will be his ability under the high ball and defence at the back. I don't recall his time at the back for the Warriors.

I do hope that our game plan next year doesn't revolve around him seeing the ball as much as Tedesco currently does though. We will have a few more options with a bunch of strong outside backs coming to the club and a couple of aggressive front rowers so hopefully he is used a genuine x-factor rather than a staple play.
I don't think Ivan uses that kind of game plan were play revolves around the fullback. But i may be wrong.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Snake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Snake » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 11:13 am

He obviously has been putting in at training and watching the diet ., he certainly seems to have lost a bit of weight looking at him yesterday .

underdog
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 12:03 pm

He looked dangerous yesterday every time he had the ball in hand, and just seems to be getting better and better each week. I'm loving this purchase, as IMHO I think he's come on already better than I though he would.

I had Titans fans sitting around me who didn't know who he was, and when they found out we plucked him out of the Warriors Reserves they were blown away.

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by TYGA » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 12:05 pm

He will be great in space when he has the aerobic fitness.
He's a natural fullback who can chime in and use the ball.
He struggles having to run the attack on the right at 5/8 fullback will allow him to inject himself at the right time.
His pace over 20 is electric now so wait until he is fit.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by oldprop » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 12:16 pm

It's a very interesting approach. Putting a new player in at 5/8 with a view to moving him to full-back next year. Seems to be improving each week. Could be developing like Moylan at Penrith.
Need more props.

kh_canada
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by kh_canada » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 1:12 pm

underdog wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 12:03 pm
He looked dangerous yesterday every time he had the ball in hand, and just seems to be getting better and better each week. I'm loving this purchase, as IMHO I think he's come on already better than I though he would.

I had Titans fans sitting around me who didn't know who he was, and when they found out we plucked him out of the Warriors Reserves they were blown away.
He has grown immensely since his time at the Warriors, goes to show what having a full-time FG spot does to a player. He wouldn't have put into training and his diet at the Warriors like he has here.
Can't wait to see him after an off season under IC.

wt00
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by wt00 » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 1:17 pm

Think he'll go well at fb. Has improved steadily with each game imo. Still raw in some parts but with a full offseason getting fit for the switch and two former fbs on the staff helping him, he'll be fine.
The star of the team is the team.

jirskyr
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 110 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 1:27 pm

I think like most, FB is his natural position. I think he will do well being able to focus on his running game rather than directing traffic.

Though for a FB he's not a bad 5/8th. Also depending on injuries he offers some flexibility in the backs.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 335 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 1:46 pm

What if this is Lolohea's full fitness...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 1:48 pm

TYGA wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 12:05 pm
He will be great in space when he has the aerobic fitness.
He's a natural fullback who can chime in and use the ball.
He struggles having to run the attack on the right at 5/8 fullback will allow him to inject himself at the right time.
His pace over 20 is electric now so wait until he is fit.
Took the words right out of my mouth TYGA.

Going to be special imo.

Elderslie Tiger
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Elderslie Tiger » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 1:49 pm

Whats wrong with giving him a few games at FB this year Teddy could play 5/8 our seasons gone nothing to lose may answer a few questions .We have blooded quite a few youngsters this year with quite a lot of potential being unearthed from now on its all about next year.

gatorman

Unread post by gatorman » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 1:56 pm

Love his footwork but noticed yesterday his hesitation to hit the line at speed preferring to junk and step.

That's great at times but there are occasions where speed will put you straight through the line, hope he has that in his repetoire

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 2:05 pm

Loved seeing him give Esan early ball yesterday. I know he'll be one pass wider at fullback, but his willingness to share the ball around bodes well for when he makes the move to the back next season. Teddy is a hell of a player, and there's a hell of a lot of things he can do by himself, but this team is a lot better when he's not the sole focus/when he gets others involved. It'll be interesting to see if he carries that habit to the Roosters.
Back on topic though, Tui will excel as a fullback with ball in hand, question marks over his organisational defence and under the high ball, but I'm more than happy to give him a go.

Return to “Wests Tigers”