Has liked: 333 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: The Bus is FULL

Unread post by bathursttiger » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:20 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 7:13 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:07 pm
The Telecrap on Sunday said the Bulldogs might even have to get rid of Klemmer of Josh Jackson, to become compliant next year.
I'd take Jackson without even hesitating.
I'm saving a seat on the bus for him or someone of his standard.
Their issue is that other clubs would need to pay the full contract or close to it and there are very few players who clubs are prepared to pay the whole amount to. Probably only Klemmer or Jackson. The Dogs are in such a terrible position they can't subsidise any contracts. If it was us it'd be on the back page every day.
It really comes down to how desperate the Dogs are in the end where they might have to subsidise some of their star players to become compliant.

Spacecub
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Spacecub » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:21 pm

Sabre wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 11:33 am
If Hayne gets shown the door today and we don't end up with Rona would you consider signing Hayne as a winger?
No way thanks

Spacecub
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Spacecub » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:24 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:20 pm
Yossarian wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
The Telecrap on Sunday said the Bulldogs might even have to get rid of Klemmer of Josh Jackson, to become compliant next year.
Their issue is that other clubs would need to pay the full contract or close to it and there are very few players who clubs are prepared to pay the whole amount to. Probably only Klemmer or Jackson. The Dogs are in such a terrible position they can't subsidise any contracts. If it was us it'd be on the back page every day.
It really comes down to how desperate the Dogs are in the end where they might have to subsidise some of their star players to become compliant.
I really cant see the dogs letting one of them two go whilst retaining Eastwood or Tolman....my tip is they will negotiate with the tigers management for us to keep woods

wt00
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by wt00 » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:32 pm

vlad wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 11:59 am
Ivan was on dead set legends last night talking about Sunday's game but also about recruitment & depth of the squad moving forward .

He comes in at 21.35 into this podcast

http://player.triplem.com.au/sydney/#/s ... gends/8001
Good listen. Still looking for a few more it seems but almost done.
The star of the team is the team.

bathursttiger

Unread post by bathursttiger » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:50 pm

Spacecub wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:24 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:20 pm
Yossarian wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
I really cant see the dogs letting one of them two go whilst retaining Eastwood or Tolman....my tip is they will negotiate with the tigers management for us to keep woods
I think that you are correct about Woods staying at WT might even get some compensation to top up his salary

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 3:17 pm

Sabre wrote:
Mon 14 Aug, 2017 11:33 am
If Hayne gets shown the door today and we don't end up with Rona would you consider signing Hayne as a winger?
Only hearsay but an offer was made to Hayne - part of the deal was a roaming commission, so that he could pop up anywhere and give it his best shot. Apparently he liked this idea.

The stumbling block was that he wasn't allowed to attempt to score any tries between the posts.
Apparently the reasoning behind this was, that his head wouldn't fit between the posts. Lol.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 4:49 pm

Off the Bulldogs forum but someone posted that BMoz looked like heading to the WTs but blew it when he asked for 4 years but we supposedly offered only 2. 2 years too many for my liking.

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:16 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 4:49 pm
Off the Bulldogs forum but someone posted that BMoz looked like heading to the WTs but blew it when he asked for 4 years but we supposedly offered only 2. 2 years too many for my liking.
Whaaa? While I wouldn't sign him for 4 years, 2 years with Brett Morris would be awesome.

NSW winger has been one of the few shining lights in under-performing teams.
He still has speed, commitment and is an excellent defender.
He is better than every back we have.
Dayum!
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

colmcd
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by colmcd » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:22 pm

What about Canberra.

If we are taking on anyone I would be looking there ahead of the dogs.....
Dogs I do like Aiden Tollman as a possibility.
Canberra, sure we can't get Papalii but maybe another forward.

rex2ce
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by rex2ce » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:30 pm

Re sign Jamal if his headspace is still good, a new contract would help that

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by TYGA » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:41 pm

I am hearing Dogs won't have a problem getting Woods and Foran signed. They have lined up takers for Graham, Eastwood, J Morris heavily subsidised. It will cost them 1.25m in dead money as no one will pay full freight.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:41 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:16 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Whaaa? While I wouldn't sign him for 4 years, 2 years with Brett Morris would be awesome.

Dayum!
Yeah that's a bit of a shame, if true. If we don't get Rona, we still need to find a speedy winger, imo. The two intercepts by Nofo on Sunday not resulting in tries highlights our desperate need for some speed on the flanks.

Yossarian
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 106 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 6:06 pm

TYGA wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:41 pm
I am hearing Dogs won't have a problem getting Woods and Foran signed. They have lined up takers for Graham, Eastwood, J Morris heavily subsidised. It will cost them 1.25m in dead money as no one will pay full freight.
I've got doubts about that. $1.25m is a massive hit. If it's 9.5m I don't see how they fit that roster in.

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 6:10 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 6:06 pm
TYGA wrote:
I've got doubts about that. $1.25m is a massive hit. If it's 9.5m I don't see how they fit that roster in.
and the tigers are called the basket case of NRL

Dogs are dead set stupid.. let their most passionate player go , piss the fans off
And go ahead and over spend the cap thinking they are Sydney Rosters

Telltails
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Telltails » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 6:20 pm

TYGA wrote:
Reportedly - if they are 500k over the cap getting rid of those three even with subsidised contracts will see them through next year. Graham has only one year left on his contract ( not sure about the other two ) they should be able to recover from 2019. The one big difference they have over us when we got into trouble with management of our cap is plenty of money to steady the ship.
It will be interesting though to see what they do with Des and Dib.

bathursttiger

Unread post by bathursttiger » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 6:29 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
bigsiro wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:16 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:

Dayum!
Yeah that's a bit of a shame, if true. If we don't get Rona, we still need to find a speedy winger, imo. The two intercepts by Nofo on Sunday not resulting in tries highlights our desperate need for some speed on the flanks.
The second intercept lead to Kev's try, there are not too many players that would not get run down by Tom T.

Seantice
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by Seantice » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 6:40 pm

Graham and morris boys go till end of next year. Eastwood 2019 im pretty sure? Anyway it doesnt matter what they do honestly. Foran is a walking medical case, hopoate hasnt scored a try this year and hes there fullback, Fraweley cant tackle or kick to save himself and mybe is a terrible no 9.

The bulldogs and Souths will fight it out for the spoon next year.

Seantice
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by Seantice » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 6:42 pm

Paasi and Vete still havnt been signed.Why arnt we making a play? still dont like grant and sue on our bench next year honestly.

Return to “Wests Tigers”