Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 188 times

Re: The Bus is FULL

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 11:24 am

tigerap wrote:
Wed 16 Aug, 2017 9:12 am
The Old Fox wrote:
Wed 16 Aug, 2017 8:48 am
Aron Woods is running behind the bus do we put the foot down and leave him behind or do we wait and see what unfolds at the bulldogs.
We reverse and run him over...he had 6+ months to make his mind up and ummmm strung the club, fans and sponsors along...with every excuse under the sun why he is not signing...then dumps us!...karma is now hitting him square in the face and the club should not even consider throwing him a lifeline...he had an opportunity to become a WT legend and chose to shun all of us!.
Testify my brother.

tiger_one
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tiger_one » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 12:05 pm

Bus full??

I reckon it's like a packet of Tim Tams - it just refills as you need to.

Tigerles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Tigerles » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 12:08 pm

The Old Fox wrote:
Wed 16 Aug, 2017 8:48 am
Aron Woods is running behind the bus do we put the foot down and leave him behind or do we wait and see what unfolds at the bulldogs.
Pull over ten meters in front of him, wait him for to run up to the door and then drive off another 10 meters, again wait for him to approach the door and again drive another 10 meters, just keep playing games with him.(use to be fun doing to hitchhikers back in the day).
poor guy was about to cry on NRL 360 last night ,when Kent told him he might not be able to play next year, if contract is not registered.
but seriously I would take him back, but can't see it happening, no way his manager would allow it

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 12:14 pm

Is there room on the roof rack for Robbie, him and Benjy are still mates. Roof Rackers come very cheap when subsidised by someone else.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

hobbo
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by hobbo » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 1:55 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 16 Aug, 2017 12:14 pm
Is there room on the roof rack for Robbie, him and Benjy are still mates. Roof Rackers come very cheap when subsidised by someone else.
There are too many low level underpasses to fit under !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

yeti
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by yeti » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 2:08 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
The return of one legend is enough. Two would be a crowd.

Russell
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by Russell » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 4:09 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
They can be mates down the pub on Mondays.

Absolute definite and emphatic NO from me.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 41 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 4:56 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 16 Aug, 2017 8:59 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 8:09 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 6:29 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tue 15 Aug, 2017 5:41 pm

Yeah that's a bit of a shame, if true. If we don't get Rona, we still need to find a speedy winger, imo. The two intercepts by Nofo on Sunday not resulting in tries highlights our desperate need for some speed on the flanks.
The second intercept lead to Kev's try, there are not too many players that would not get run down by Tom T.
Fair enough, but my point is that if someone like JAC took that intercept it would've been shut the gate! We need a winger that no one will catch once they are off. Just one will do, I'm not greedy :mrgreen:
What happens then if the other winger takes the intercept?
Or that any other winger may have read that the intercept was on?

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 5:06 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Oh God no! Please don't ever put them back together again, especially in our team!

GoldXR50Leroy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by GoldXR50Leroy » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 5:20 pm

Jaelen Feeney from the Knights is on the Radar as the Knights have shown no interest in re-signing him owing to all the new players arriving in Connor Watson etc, a work in progress?.

Harvey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 5:33 pm

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
Wed 16 Aug, 2017 5:20 pm
Jaelen Feeney from the Knights is on the Radar as the Knights have shown no interest in re-signing him owing to all the new players arriving in Connor Watson etc, a work in progress?.
I thought they were showing minimal interest because he is crap and has failed to show he is up to first grade despite multiple opportunities.
He is not even a depth player, JLJ and Justin Hunt are probably both a step up from him

Snake
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 56 times

Unread post by Snake » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 7:03 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Robbie will be busy advising Hayne how to get rid of coaches and destroy a club for his own selfish gain.

Telltails
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by Telltails » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 7:39 pm

Snake wrote:
Wed 16 Aug, 2017 7:03 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Robbie will be busy advising Hayne how to get rid of coaches and destroy a club for his own selfish gain.
Robbie a novice compared to Jared in that department Snake.

Wa Mag/Tig
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Wa Mag/Tig » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 11:27 pm

We are talking bus full. I think that we have a few untried players in reggies that need to be given a crack. Heleta tatolo, lolo, sironen, marshall-king, and there may be more. Not a winning side, the reggies but from what i have seen this year, have never been able to put a steady side on the field. THANKYOU Jason Taylor. To think i had the world of good thoughts about his appointment. I did see his old mans dreary look very soon soon after his appointment. I knew we got the wrong coach. Magpie or not. Players mentioned have been in the system for awhile now and need a crack or be told they will forever be WT reggies. Need to be fair.

colmcd
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by colmcd » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 2:12 am

Wa Mag/Tig wrote:
Wed 16 Aug, 2017 11:27 pm
We are talking bus full. I think that we have a few untried players in reggies that need to be given a crack. Heleta tatolo, lolo, sironen, marshall-king, and there may be more. Not a winning side, the reggies but from what i have seen this year, have never been able to put a steady side on the field. THANKYOU Jason Taylor. To think i had the world of good thoughts about his appointment. I did see his old mans dreary look very soon soon after his appointment. I knew we got the wrong coach. Magpie or not. Players mentioned have been in the system for awhile now and need a crack or be told they will forever be WT reggies. Need to be fair.
Jason Taylor, yes to :deadhorse: I thought would be a lot better. We knew in taking him that there would be player/coach troubles, that is what happened at Souths.
he also:
  • Forgot the preseason training. Which killed this season.
    Had two halves in Brooks and Moses, who could not play together. He never seemed to say "I back Brooks" or "I back Moses" and get a playing combo.
    Did not fix Defense. Cleary has done great work to get us closer to NRL average.
    Taught NO ONE how to kick. JT, a record point scorer and former NRL kicker could not get anyone consistently above 60%. This should have been a WIN in his selection.
    Then as expected, played games with our halves. So he fired Robbie for being a halfback. He should have shaped Robbie into another position, I am thinking a lock or similar transformation to Chris Lawrence. Yes I get it Robbie was a 900K paperweight from backended seasons long gone, this wasn't his worst decision but tore our team apart.
Overall it was JT's myway or the highway. The one thing I appreciate most about Des Haslier (Bellamy does this too) is he coaches to the player and the team. He adapts. JT, simply said "were going to play like Easts".

I thought this guy would make us. Instead he stuffed us and our 2017. I was 100% wrong in believing in him.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 7:05 am

Snake wrote:
Wed 16 Aug, 2017 7:03 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
I am beginning to think how some followers think now. Gareth Ellis who has notched up an amazing 450 games so will deservedly retire but has to cop this rubbish:

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=607833
vexed off,purely selfish reasons,think he could of done another year,was awesome last week at Saints and if he plays until the end of the season,wouldn't back against us doing the double.

When saying selfish people should look in the mirror and check out who is actually selfish. It was selfish to want to palm Farah off when it wanted to escape paying him for back-ending especially as he was still playing solidly. I will make this my last comment in this thread on this topic.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Russell
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by Russell » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 9:04 am

colmcd - you need to forget it - we have run the JT story to the END.
We all know the story, don't need it repeated over and over.

Byron Bay Fan and you need to get over RF - same as above.
Maybe you could make it the comment on any thread about him instead of this.

Let's all stay on the bus - we appear to have great times ahead, let's talk about them.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 12:03 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 17 Aug, 2017 9:04 am
colmcd - you need to forget it - we have run the JT story to the END.
We all know the story, don't need it repeated over and over.

Byron Bay Fan and you need to get over RF - same as above.
Maybe you could make it the comment on any thread about him instead of this.

Let's all stay on the bus - we appear to have great times ahead, let's talk about them.
Russell, I did appreciate colmcd's perspective as he stated it like it had not been stated previously, how Jason's football career may have influenced his coaching for the worse. On the Silvertail's site they described our Aaron as a fat fart - at least that fat fart did them over so maybe he can squeeze onto the bus.

Return to “Wests Tigers”