Telegraph at it again

Wests Tigers Discussion
tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Telegraph at it again

Unread post by tiger05premier » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 5:00 pm

Bee-Em wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:48 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:34 pm
Well it is a problem. Sydney having so many teams.

it's catch 22 now though, each team is getting funding of 130% of any cap moving forward so no-one will go broke surely. It just means the "bug" clubs stay on top because of TPAs. Lets see how Roosters, Bulldogs, Storm and Broncos go without their wink wink lure.

Right now is the best time to cull teams but the worst teams are outside of Sydney - Titans and Knights.
And to think Sydney had Balmain, Wests, Newtown, Norths, Easts, Parra, St George, Manly, Penrith, Cronulla (any others?). Now we have Knights, Raiders, Storm, Broncos, Titans, Cowboys...
Souths Canterbury


Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 5:01 pm

Is that paper still in circulation?

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 5:08 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:45 pm
It's logical really.

Rorters and Souffs merge - their area of Sydney is still one of if not the smallest areas of Sydney.

Would love to see it!!!!
I've been saying this for a while now.

Wasy solution.

Both teams cover very small area.

Time to suck it up n merge.

It's the way forward.

Handing the tiger's massive area to union soccer afl is the biggest step backwards the game could ever take

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24956
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 334 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 5:12 pm

Kick Manly OUT...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4634
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: with Daffy Duck, having fun
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 5:19 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 5:12 pm
Kick Manly OUT...
hell yeah. :idea:
great reply. :master:
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold



" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie


OzLukeH
Member
Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon 03 Apr, 2017 4:30 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by OzLukeH » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 6:29 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:34 pm
Well it is a problem. Sydney having so many teams.

it's catch 22 now though, each team is getting funding of 130% of any cap moving forward so no-one will go broke surely. It just means the "bug" clubs stay on top because of TPAs. Lets see how Roosters, Bulldogs, Storm and Broncos go without their wink wink lure.

Right now is the best time to cull teams but the worst teams are outside of Sydney - Titans and Knights.
Look at how the titans struggle....if not for their ch9 ownership they would be in a hell of a lot worse position.....

Newcastle at least has the entire Hunter area to call on, and their supporters turn up no matter what.

ed612313
Member
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed 19 Aug, 2009 11:47 am
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by ed612313 » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 6:47 pm

Its a s*** paper but facts are facts. Its either Wests Tigers or Cronulla and Cronulla has some coin around them these days.
Tigers are the obvious choice

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18690
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 184 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 6:57 pm

ed612313 wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 6:47 pm
Its a s*** paper but facts are facts. Its either Wests Tigers or Cronulla and Cronulla has some coin around them these days.
Tigers are the obvious choice
Obvious choice why???

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 7:09 pm

ed612313 wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 6:47 pm
Its a s*** paper but facts are facts. Its either Wests Tigers or Cronulla and Cronulla has some coin around them these days.
Tigers are the obvious choice
No they're NOT!!!!!

Logical choice is Rorters and Souffs to Merge.

They will then become the "PRIDE OF THE RORTERS"

When the League is being Rorted you know the game is going Good.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 7:36 pm

Ive always said the worst thing about the club is that it is Sydney based. Relocate it to real Rugby League territory.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4215
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 8:44 pm

Tele who?
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

User avatar
the third
Member
Member
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed 01 Sep, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: here and there
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by the third » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 9:13 pm

ed612313 wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 6:47 pm
Its a s*** paper but facts are facts. Its either Wests Tigers or Cronulla and Cronulla has some coin around them these days.
Tigers are the obvious choice
Like I said in the comments in the Tele. Look at the crowd numbers. We are 5th in home and away averages after the garbage season we have had. Next year we will be right up there. Sheer madness if the NRL wants us out. They want crowds and we deliver.

The Cronulla peptides on the other hand may own a stadium and be reigning premiers but no one really cares.

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 3:04 pm

The NRL don't want us out and we are not going anywhere. Pascoe already addressed this in the last Q&A session.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3810
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 3:16 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:45 pm
It's logical really.

Rorters and Souffs merge - their area of Sydney is still one of if not the smallest areas of Sydney.

Would love to see it!!!!
But they are as split demographically as far as the Liberal and Labor parties. Their fans would be having blues in the stands.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2541
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 3:58 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 3:16 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:45 pm
It's logical really.

Rorters and Souffs merge - their area of Sydney is still one of if not the smallest areas of Sydney.

Would love to see it!!!!
But they are as split demographically as far as the Liberal and Labor parties. Their fans would be having blues in the stands.
BBF, I think that you are wrong. There would be no-one for souths fans to blue with, cause the roosters don't have any fans that turn up.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 4:29 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 3:16 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:45 pm
It's logical really.

Rorters and Souffs merge - their area of Sydney is still one of if not the smallest areas of Sydney.

Would love to see it!!!!
But they are as split demographically as far as the Liberal and Labor parties. Their fans would be having blues in the stands.
Tough! - they have both been mollycoddled for too long.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1601
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 83 times

Unread post by Earl » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 7:05 pm

The Rorters and Souths should both go because I hate them both.

User avatar
oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue 24 Nov, 2015 4:06 pm
Location: Springwood
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by oldprop » Sat 26 Aug, 2017 11:28 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 3:04 pm
The NRL don't want us out and we are not going anywhere. Pascoe already addressed this in the last Q&A session.
Right, there are only four clubs in western Sydney with five in the east. Are us westies going to support Souths? Easts? Sharks? Saints or Manly? I didn't think so. Western Sydney is rugby league.
Need more props.

Post Reply

Return to “Wests Tigers”