Telegraph at it again

Wests Tigers Discussion
Red Rugby
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon 02 Nov, 2009 8:41 am
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Telegraph at it again

Unread post by Red Rugby » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 12:24 am

Based on the numbers there are a few in the noose before the Tigers.

On the back of a first ever premiership, the Sharks numbers are horrible....

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... y7gtz.html


tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 12:29 am

Where did the Souffs fans go... Perth?

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue 02 May, 2017 1:54 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by FreddyK » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 12:57 am

we are at it again. Here are my suggestions.

1. Move the Titans to Perth
2. Offer a Sydney club to move to Brisbane and put Bellamy as a coach
3. Sack the NRL administration and put in people who know how to build a product not destroy it

MG1962
Member
Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 12:44 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by MG1962 » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 1:30 am

I just saw the rough draft of the criteria the Telegraph is going to suggest to the NRL for the selection of the team to go

1/ Must be a merged club

2/ Merger has have been between two foundation clubs

3/ Both merged teams had black as one of their team colors

4/ Only teams who's name starts with the letter W should be considered.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 5:24 am

sideline eye wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 3:04 pm
The NRL don't want us out and we are not going anywhere. Pascoe already addressed this in the last Q&A session.
Well that's it then.
Do you really believe one word that a football club says. Ask any Coach about their honesty,

They all will say anything, or do anything to get An advantage over the other clubs. When the Nrl gets serious about relocation, or expansion, the clubs will be told what will happen, not asked.
When the crunch comes, The league won't care about any comments made by any club boards or CEOs, most of what comes from them is just to pacify their members and supporters anyway.
None of us know what will happen , the only thing that is definite, is that at least one( or maybe two) Sydney teams will be gone or relocated
No matter how much the clubs tell their supporters about how they've already done this , or done that . Or how safe they are now, Clubs , or A club will go in the next few years.


supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6448
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:50 am

For a team that has been in the cellar for to long to remember we have amazing figures. We are strong in all areas except performance, good crowds, good memberships, good sponsorships and a strong bottom line. Outside Brisbane not many teams come close to us.

So the question has to be asked, how good would our numbers be if our team was right up there with the big boys. Lets hope Cleary and his roster do there bit in 2018 and force the telecrap took look elsewhere for a punching bag

User avatar
dazza65
Member
Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Sydney
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by dazza65 » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:30 am

tigerap wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 12:29 am
Where did the Souffs fans go... Perth?
Fair weather supporters. Out my way the number of people who don't follow league but were walking around with that stupid rabbit cap on after Russell and their premiership was ridiculous.
Barely see one ATM. It was somewhat "trendy"'in some areas to support the Hollywood team and the "pride of the league"
Plus as per ray warren everyone wanted to have a crack at Mrs Burgii
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2909
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:43 am

dazza65 wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:30 am
tigerap wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 12:29 am
Where did the Souffs fans go... Perth?
Fair weather supporters. Out my way the number of people who don't follow league but were walking around with that stupid rabbit cap on after Russell and their premiership was ridiculous.
Barely see one ATM. It was somewhat "trendy"'in some areas to support the Hollywood team and the "pride of the league"
Plus as per ray warren everyone wanted to have a crack at Mrs Burgii
We'll she is hot and producers strong athletic offspring .
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2301
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:46 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:43 am
dazza65 wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:30 am
tigerap wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 12:29 am
Where did the Souffs fans go... Perth?
Fair weather supporters. Out my way the number of people who don't follow league but were walking around with that stupid rabbit cap on after Russell and their premiership was ridiculous.
Barely see one ATM. It was somewhat "trendy"'in some areas to support the Hollywood team and the "pride of the league"
Plus as per ray warren everyone wanted to have a crack at Mrs Burgii
We'll she is hot and producers strong athletic offspring .
The offspring may be strong but a slug has more intelligence than they do

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 11:19 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 5:24 am
sideline eye wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 3:04 pm
The NRL don't want us out and we are not going anywhere. Pascoe already addressed this in the last Q&A session.
Well that's it then.
Do you really believe one word that a football club says. Ask any Coach about their honesty,

They all will say anything, or do anything to get An advantage over the other clubs. When the Nrl gets serious about relocation, or expansion, the clubs will be told what will happen, not asked.
When the crunch comes, The league won't care about any comments made by any club boards or CEOs, most of what comes from them is just to pacify their members and supporters anyway.
None of us know what will happen , the only thing that is definite, is that at least one( or maybe two) Sydney teams will be gone or relocated
No matter how much the clubs tell their supporters about how they've already done this , or done that . Or how safe they are now, Clubs , or A club will go in the next few years.
Always looking on the bright side, eh? Actually, yes, I have a policy of not believing anything about this club unless it comes directly from the club, as this has. I'd certainly believe Pascoe over any Terrorgraph "journalist". Dead set, I reckon you'd set a trap for the Easter Bunny.

User avatar
oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue 24 Nov, 2015 4:06 pm
Location: Springwood
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by oldprop » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 11:34 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 5:24 am
sideline eye wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 3:04 pm
The NRL don't want us out and we are not going anywhere. Pascoe already addressed this in the last Q&A session.
Well that's it then.
Do you really believe one word that a football club says. Ask any Coach about their honesty,

They all will say anything, or do anything to get An advantage over the other clubs. When the Nrl gets serious about relocation, or expansion, the clubs will be told what will happen, not asked.
When the crunch comes, The league won't care about any comments made by any club boards or CEOs, most of what comes from them is just to pacify their members and supporters anyway.
None of us know what will happen , the only thing that is definite, is that at least one( or maybe two) Sydney teams will be gone or relocated
No matter how much the clubs tell their supporters about how they've already done this , or done that . Or how safe they are now, Clubs , or A club will go in the next few years.
I don't understand this. Why does a Sydney team have to relocate? How would this improve anything?
Need more props.

User avatar
westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: with Daffy Duck, having fun
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:23 am

If they want less team in Sydney:
look at geographical areas, and yes I know it is easier said than done.

merge souths/easts , this would be very interesting
merge penrith and parra
dissolve st george/illawarra
merge illawarra & canberra
merge sharks/dragons

this still covers the 8 areas, but only have 4 teams.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold



" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 1:51 pm

Just to many teams in the one place.. tomuch competition for players, Corporate support. Etc
Plus the League get more money especially if a different time zone comes in with a team,

Brisbane badly need another team . They should be in the top three teams every year as it stands now , with the money and support that They get.
Too many empty stadiums in Sydney, although the ridiculous prices is equally to blame for that.

They'll lose some fans in Sydney. But will keep some of them and gain others from the new location, providing that they set it up right.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 1:56 pm

westTAHger wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:23 am
If they want less team in Sydney:
look at geographical areas, and yes I know it is easier said than done.

merge souths/easts , this would be very interesting
merge penrith and parra
dissolve st george/illawarra
merge illawarra & canberra
merge sharks/dragons

this still covers the 8 areas, but only have 4 teams.
That would alienate 10 lots of fans in Sydney, whereas a team dropping out or being relocated, will only alienate ONE lot of fans and while some will walk away from the game, a big percentage will eventually follow another team and stay or come back to the game
Even some who will swear that they'll go for good , will eventually drift back

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4367
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 4:51 pm

If anyone has not noticed the Sydney Western /south west areas are the strongest and fastest growing areas and are becoming the powerhouse of the nation and is expected to increase over the next decade,so other clubs in the non growth areas locked in the city and beach bound areas want a club like the Tigers to relocate ..when I read this rubbish it brings a smile ,these clubs are concerned about there own future make no mistake.

User avatar
cqtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2302
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: Rockhampton QLD
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 5:50 pm

I honestly don't think that the Sydney NRL demographic will change - ever - Now that each NRL club gets 130% of the cap.

The other reason is the NRL commission is next to useless, no proper leadership, pure and simple. The "independent" commission is far from it and now that the RLPA is growing teeth they won't allow anything to go against the players (eg relocation), no matter how sensible the plan is.

Then there is the govt's stadia blueprint for Sydney - no decent money to be spent on individual clubs home grounds like Broncos, Cowboys, Titans and Storm so the Tigers really can't play anywhere other than ANZ, Parramatta or Alliance except for the occasional Leichardt or Campbelltown game
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5453
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 7:09 pm

Snake wrote:
Sat 02 Sep, 2017 4:51 pm
If anyone has not noticed the Sydney Western /south west areas are the strongest and fastest growing areas and are becoming the powerhouse of the nation and is expected to increase over the next decade,so other clubs in the non growth areas locked in the city and beach bound areas want a club like the Tigers to relocate ..when I read this rubbish it brings a smile ,these clubs are concerned about there own future make no mistake.
All clubs are only interested in their own future including ours. Self interest is what runs rugby leaguen
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Sat 02 Sep, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sat 02 Sep, 2017 9:53 pm

Theres only a handful of RL fans left in Sydney. Relocate every side.

Post Reply

Return to “Wests Tigers”