Goal kicker needed

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3155
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Re: Goal kicker needed

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 5:00 pm

He hasnt missed a lot of goals by much (Lolohea)


most times he is very close, i dont think we should Panic
IMO Lolo is hitting them better than Benji did


User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3155
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 5:04 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:20 pm
Tui strikes the ball well. His setup is terrible way too many moving parts it's impossible to get consistency.
He needs to simplify his setup and keep exactly the same steps back and steps in every time with his body still.
Thurston would struggle to kick 70% with Tuis action
Like a golfer with a weird swing who can still strike the ball well onto the fairway

Or Mr Steve Smith and his batting

They all get the job done but with different techniques

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2300
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 5:04 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 6:59 pm
Lolohea strikes them ok but to miss goals from 20 in / 20 out is unacceptable at this level .
Can brooks kick goals ?
At least they would go dead.

sjtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 2:31 pm
Location: newcastle

Post by sjtiger » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 5:11 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 4:58 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 4:28 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 4:08 pm
The winger who used to play for the Dogs is coming back from England. I think that he was a very, very good kicker and still is. Top goal kicker ( or thereabouts ) in England.
Thing Is Col If Hes In Firsts Were In Trouble I Think
Who's that Col?
Corey Thompson?
For those who followed Suli in the lower grades, can anyone tell me if he was a goal kicker through his juniors.

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3020
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 5:35 pm

Nathan Cleary


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4332
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:50 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 7:34 pm
Rankin off the bench he can be our impact player.
Rankin is no longer with this club, but you know this, Poor effort - Just couldn't help yourself.

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 10:20 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:50 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 7:34 pm
Rankin off the bench he can be our impact player.
Rankin is no longer with this club, but you know this, Poor effort - Just couldn't help yourself.
Hahaha c'mon now it's been a long season.

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 12:24 pm

I am ok with the Goal kicking of Lolohea - waht I am concerned about is what if he is injured. I assume that Benji must be the back up FB because otherwise we would not have a goal kicker unless Ivan intends to train someone up over the offseason. I think it would be a good bow to Brooks game but not sure if he has the ability to kick goals

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 2570
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 1:23 pm

Well, with two good kickers when they played in Ivan and Hodgo.. would hope they'd be able to train one of the guys up during the offseason and preseason, if it's lolohea or someone else.
:sign:

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2046
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 2:32 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 5:04 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 8:20 pm
Tui strikes the ball well. His setup is terrible way too many moving parts it's impossible to get consistency.
He needs to simplify his setup and keep exactly the same steps back and steps in every time with his body still.
Thurston would struggle to kick 70% with Tuis action
Like a golfer with a weird swing who can still strike the ball well onto the fairway

Or Mr Steve Smith and his batting

They all get the job done but with different techniques
Tui certianly has a lot of different steps in his set up!
Tui's kicking % may be low but he has been good last few weeks.

Arnold Palmer had an odd swing and he is a golfing great, so does Jim Furyk.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4332
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 3:51 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 5:35 pm
Nathan Cleary
Can't see it happening - not until hell freezes over anyway.

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 4:14 pm

75%

Cmon guys. Lets Switch him with Benji for a season, give Suli, Liddle, some other new guy a try... Mix it up.

Then we can put him back on kicking for one game, disturb his workflow and method. take him off kicking and tell him not to train for it. Then put him back quickly for one game and blame him for costing us 2 points.

We can get that back to Brooks 66% if we try harder.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17176
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 4:20 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 5:00 pm
He hasnt missed a lot of goals by much (Lolohea)


most times he is very close, i dont think we should Panic
IMO Lolo is hitting them better than Benji did
If you got points for hitting the woodwork he'd have won more games than lost for us.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by vlad » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 4:41 pm

The rest of the team are letting Tui down by not scoring under the goalposts .

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3211
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 5:11 pm

vlad wrote:
Mon 28 Aug, 2017 4:41 pm
The rest of the team are letting Tui down by not scoring under the goalposts .
No, I think that is just Brooks fault. He can't direct the team. :D

User avatar
turnstyle
Member
Member
Posts: 2078
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 5:45 pm

he has a very inefficient approach to the ball imo. its not smooth, and with his lack of momentum when he strikes it may as well have no run in at all.
im surprised he makes the distance most times!
either he needs to improve (quite possible over the off-season with hodgo, cleary) or they need a better kicker. Hodgson himself showed the value of a good kicker.
Image

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 7:15 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 26 Aug, 2017 6:59 pm
Lolohea strikes them ok but to miss goals from 20 in / 20 out is unacceptable at this level .
Can brooks kick goals ?
Brooks would find a way to kick under the crossbar and still clear the dead ball line on the full.

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 7:16 pm

wt00 wrote:
Mon 28 Aug, 2017 1:23 pm
Well, with two good kickers when they played in Ivan and Hodgo.. would hope they'd be able to train one of the guys up during the offseason and preseason, if it's lolohea or someone else.
Jason Taylor....

Post Reply