Ticket Prices

Wests Tigers Discussion
Toolie_24
Been liked: 1 time

Ticket Prices

Unread post by Toolie_24 » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 7:43 pm

I attended the game at Leichhardt and had tickets bought for me we decided to get seated tickets to which i didnt know the price, our tickets were on the grandstand terrace inbetween the 10m and tryline...they cost $50 each....no wonder crowds are down at these prices ridiculous
Keep In Touch With Yourself

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 7:47 pm

Toolie_24 wrote:
Wed 06 Sep, 2017 7:43 pm
I attended the game at Leichhardt and had tickets bought for me we decided to get seated tickets to which i didnt know the price, our tickets were on the grandstand terrace inbetween the 10m and tryline...they cost $50 each....no wonder crowds are down at these prices ridiculous
[/

Agree - I always stand on the grandstand concourse between the 30-40 metre lines. Have a great view, no big heads in front of you, sure you have to stand but at half the cost.

The Queen
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by The Queen » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 7:51 pm

Toolie_24 wrote:
I tried to get those tickets all sold out so I did not go I only go to the games with friends when we can get seating so next time I will buy early so the 8 of us can go

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 335 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 8:04 pm

For walk up tickets at Suncorp Stadium for Broncos games they charge $97 for halfway $68 for 20m lines and $47 for goal-line, behind the posts ...the most expensive I have been..

Sydney Club prices for a reserved seat between $50 and $60 is pretty stock standard...

It shows the value of becoming a season ticket holder..I think our 12 game GA entry worked out at about $12.50 per game...

Also if you are planning to go to a game or 2 check out Flexi Memberships of 1, 2 or 3 games most Clubs offer...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:20 pm

The difference is Sydney doesn't have the right to charge exorbitant prices, because we can't fill our stadiums, Brisbane does. There's no demand and yet they think they can charge ridiculous ticket prices, not to mention the price of food and drinks when you're there (even at suburban grounds).

There just isn't enough value in making the effort to go.. TV coverage is too good, and when the atmosphere and lack of "event" at NRL games is all it competes with then the lounge chair wins every time lol. I hope they find a solution fast.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:24 pm

Toolie_24 wrote:
All these seats along either touchline from dead ball line - halfway - dead ball line were once all GA...first in best dressed, that was until we went to ANZ (Telstra )

If you get in early enough you can choose where you sit, we were between 30m - 40m hill side and Row A on the fence, there were two spare seats beside us...paid the same as your tix

tigerap
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by tigerap » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:32 pm

Toolie_24 wrote:
Try buying a premium seating ticket to any American sporting event and you will change your view... I attended a Basketball game in San Francisco in March tickets cost $us330 each

Toolie_24

Unread post by Toolie_24 » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 12:43 pm

Sco77y wrote:
Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:20 pm
The difference is Sydney doesn't have the right to charge exorbitant prices, because we can't fill our stadiums, Brisbane does. There's no demand and yet they think they can charge ridiculous ticket prices, not to mention the price of food and drinks when you're there (even at suburban grounds).

There just isn't enough value in making the effort to go.. TV coverage is too good, and when the atmosphere and lack of "event" at NRL games is all it competes with then the lounge chair wins every time lol. I hope they find a solution fast.
Agree Sco77y, it is a game started by blue collar Rugby players and was successful based on its working class traits, NRL and clubs have gotten greedy if you charge $35 grandstand $25 Terrace and $15 general admiss you'd get bigger crowds

Toolie_24

Unread post by Toolie_24 » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 10:12 am

tigerap wrote:
Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:32 pm
Toolie_24 wrote:
Try buying a premium seating ticket to any American sporting event and you will change your view... I attended a Basketball game in San Francisco in March tickets cost $us330 each
Why would i change my view ? This isnt America with 10 x our population. Comparing US sports to us is ridiculous, for starters the demand for Golden State Warriors games is massive you have the bay area with a huge population wanting to go to a 20k seat arena, there were 10k at the game at Leichhardt not much demand there.

Chicken Faced Killa
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:23 am

Toolie_24 wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 10:12 am
tigerap wrote:
Toolie_24 wrote:
Why would i change my view ? This isnt America with 10 x our population. Comparing US sports to us is ridiculous, for starters the demand for Golden State Warriors games is massive you have the bay area with a huge population wanting to go to a 20k seat arena, there were 10k at the game at Leichhardt not much demand there.
The nrl really need to rethink ticketing. You can charge a premium when it is an event and people want to go but they aren't at that stage. Reduce prices and get people into that habit of going and you can start to charge more.

The game is also affected by the fact it is easy to watch and follow on TV. Tight camera angles and you can see everything going on.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 335 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:40 am

Clubs set ticket prices for regular season games...not the NRL..

NRL set prices for Origin and Final series games...

There was an offer for $15 tickets to any game at Allianz this weekend...still Crowds were very poor..you can lead a pony to water but the Clubs that played this weekend their supporters couldn't be stuffed to get off their bums...

In 2010 our Epic Semi against the Rorters had 30K in attendance...no cheapies that day..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 9:26 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:40 am
Clubs set ticket prices for regular season games...not the NRL..

NRL set prices for Origin and Final series games...

There was an offer for $15 tickets to any game at Allianz this weekend...still Crowds were very poor..you can lead a pony to water but the Clubs that played this weekend their supporters couldn't be stuffed to get off their bums...

In 2010 our Epic Semi against the Rorters had 30K in attendance...no cheapies that day..
So the clubs have absolute discretion over ticket prices for regular season games? With that being the case it makes you wonder why say for a WT home game against Parramatta at ANZ Stadium our club wouldn't offer $5 GA tickets and perhaps get a crowd of 40000 or thereabouts if the weather was favourable? Probably a bad example using one of our larger-drawing rivals like Parra or Dragons, Souths etc.
Do clubs get any percentage of food/drink sales at ANZ or Allianz do you know? What about from games at their suburban home grounds?

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 9:33 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:23 am
Toolie_24 wrote:
tigerap wrote:
Toolie_24 wrote:
The nrl really need to rethink ticketing. You can charge a premium when it is an event and people want to go but they aren't at that stage. Reduce prices and get people into that habit of going and you can start to charge more.

The game is also affected by the fact it is easy to watch and follow on TV. Tight camera angles and you can see everything going on.
Your last paragraph hit the nail on the head. AFL kills NRL when it comes to crowds because of the simple fact that it is a much easier game to watch live because the ball is in full view for the most part, most times attending NRL live you sit there thinking "sheesh I should've just saved my money and watched it on telly", especially at grounds like ANZ where you are lightyears away from the action and spend the whole match watching the big screen to see what the hell is going on.

Chicken Faced Killa
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 9:47 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 11 Sep, 2017 9:33 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:23 am
Toolie_24 wrote:
tigerap wrote:

Your last paragraph hit the nail on the head. AFL kills NRL when it comes to crowds because of the simple fact that it is a much easier game to watch live because the ball is in full view for the most part, most times attending NRL live you sit there thinking "sheesh I should've just saved my money and watched it on telly", especially at grounds like ANZ where you are lightyears away from the action and spend the whole match watching the big screen to see what the hell is going on.
Yep and that's why NRL always beats AFL in TV ratings. One game is better live the other is better on TV. In saying that I prefer to watch the game live go to most games that tigers play. I can see why people like to watch on TV especially if they don't have a deep understanding of the game.

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Bob » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 10:24 pm

Toolie_24 wrote:
tigerap wrote:
Toolie_24 wrote:
The other way of thinking is also correct. Even if the tickets were 25 bucks they would only get an extra 5000 to show up.

25*15000= 375,000
50*10000= 500,000

Add to that the extra expense per extra person (security, waitstaff, extra trains etc) you can see the reason the price it like they do. If they thought they could sell the place out at 25 dollars a ticket they would but when they trial the cheaper tickets at sporadic times it just doesn't make a big enough difference.

Return to “Wests Tigers”