Russell wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 4:36 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 1:14 pm
mike wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 8:48 am
Balmainbred wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 8:03 am
4 x Sunday arvo games at Leichhardt a must take a look at the docco just released fans adore the great ground
Leichhardt is a cesspool and in need of significant upgrades if it is to rise above 3rd world standard. Docos are really the Producers bias and are rarely based on fact.
Fourth world really. Poor facilities, poor access, parking zero.

No thanks.
Never had a problem parking in 65 years. I don't get it.

What do you want, to park in the Keith Barnes stand?
Same. I drive to LO every game and always park either in the school or on Darling St. Easy! And I’m on my way home much quicker than getting out of P1 at Homebush

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by formerguest » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 1:31 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:27 pm
Russell wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
mike wrote:
Leichhardt is a cesspool and in need of significant upgrades if it is to rise above 3rd world standard. Docos are really the Producers bias and are rarely based on fact.

No thanks.

Same. I drive to LO every game and always park either in the school or on Darling St. Easy! And I’m on my way home much quicker than getting out of P1 at Homebush
I always go up to the first open level of P1 at Homebush and then head back down the exit ramps to grab a never fails parking spot on the ground side at entrance level and pointed to toward the exit. Come the siren, we are out of our home seats and the parking lot in around five minutes every time.

krayola
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 2:13 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:27 pm
Russell wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
mike wrote:

No thanks.

3rd and 4th world facilities? Take a chill pill fellas, it's a football ground.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 3:26 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 29 Sep, 2017 7:52 am
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 29 Sep, 2017 5:34 am
pHyR3 wrote:
Thu 28 Sep, 2017 11:03 pm
Harvey wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 5:00 pm
Hopefully the new membership prices reflect that there are less games to go to. Do not include reciprocal rights with other Homebush based clubs in that, as you could buy ANZ membership and have access to a load of additional events.
This disrespects their current supporter base. In 2020 we might be taking 5 games to WA to grow the supporter base. The NRL and now clubs seem to have no interest in having crowds at games, it is all about the television revenue which will not exist in 5 years
huh, that sucks. i kinda wanna still watch NRL without having to go to the game in 5 years time :(
Why is that Harvey??
I think a lot of games will be only available via online streaming. Another 10-15 years and i think TV might be obscelete to the game.
so then the NRL could just charge $10 a month to stream and still put in ads which they get from the advertisers themselves. no middle man in channel 9 could mean even more money for the NRL
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Craegus

Unread post by Craegus » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 6:27 pm

So where are we realistically thinking the club will take the other 2 games?

My list of potential locations currently contains:

Near Sydney:
Gosford

Regional NSW (Possible for 1 game, but is it financially viable for 2):
Tamworth
Coffs Harbour
Mudgee
Wagga Wagga
Dubbo
Albury
Port Macquarie
Orange
Lismore
(Panthers have Bathurst)

Outside NSW:
Darwin
Alice Springs
Qld Sunshine Coast
Rockhampton
Brisbane??
Hobart???
(Perth and Adelaide currently have deals with other clubs so likely out)

New Zealand:
Dunedin
Christchurch
Wellington (Possibly still taken by the Warriors)

Far fetched:
Hawaii

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 7:13 pm

Craegus wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 6:27 pm
So where are we realistically thinking the club will take the other 2 games?

My list of potential locations currently contains:

Near Sydney:
Gosford

Regional NSW (Possible for 1 game, but is it financially viable for 2):
Tamworth
Coffs Harbour
Mudgee
Wagga Wagga
Dubbo
Albury
Port Macquarie
Orange
Lismore
(Panthers have Bathurst)

Outside NSW:
Darwin
Alice Springs
Qld Sunshine Coast
Rockhampton
Brisbane??
Hobart???
(Perth and Adelaide currently have deals with other clubs so likely out)

New Zealand:
Dunedin
Christchurch
Wellington (Possibly still taken by the Warriors)

Far fetched:
Hawaii
Personally would choose Port Maquarie and Hawaii

But I will be happy as long as we are not playing in NZ against Warriors or up north against a Queensland club.

The HManly v ABrisbane (@Suncorp) and HBulldogs v AWarriors (in NZ) is exactly what I don't want.

wt00
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by wt00 » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 7:38 pm

The star of the team is the team.

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 8:08 pm

wt00 wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 7:38 pm
Are we home or away?

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 263 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 8:15 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 8:08 pm
wt00 wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 7:38 pm
Are we home or away?
I thought In Cairns gave it away but that's me..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 139 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 8:23 pm

My initial thought when I read the article was the two games would be country NSW somewhere...not interstate or overseas
Might be wrong

gallagher
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by gallagher » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 8:30 pm

It's interesting that it"s an initiative with the NRL. Previously, clubs taking games on the road have been deals between the club and local/state govts.

Where does the NRL's interests lie?

Snake
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Snake » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 8:40 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 8:30 pm
It's interesting that it"s an initiative with the NRL. Previously, clubs taking games on the road have been deals between the club and local/state govts.

The club would surely be getting a huge sweetener to take away 2 games from there fan base even though they play out of multiple venues..the NRL must be stumping up!

gallagher
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by gallagher » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 8:42 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 8:40 pm
gallagher wrote:

The club would surely be getting a huge sweetener to take away 2 games from there fan base even though they play out of multiple venues..the NRL must be stumping up!
That's what it sounds like to me. I'm just not sure where they want to take games to.

Russell
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 105 times

Unread post by Russell » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:43 am

Unfortunately trial games don't count.

We still have to take 2 games elsewhere.

As mentioned before where are Melbourne and Brisbane taking their two games - Oh! they aren't, right.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 294 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:02 am

Snake wrote:
Tue 03 Oct, 2017 8:40 pm
gallagher wrote:

Like I have stated before Bathurst council reported paid Panthers $1million for the first contract (5 games)
I hope either the NRL or the local councils subsidies these games otherwise the clubs will lose out big time.

Harvey
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 5:30 pm

China. The biggest region on earth. Do sanctions stop us playing in Pyongyang?

vlad
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by vlad » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 10:31 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 5:30 pm
China. The biggest region on earth
and play against the dragons ...

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 139 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 05 Oct, 2017 10:17 am

The Dragons will be the first club to grant the wish of TV broadcasters and play more NRL games in smaller stadiums, increasing the amount of fixtures at their spiritual bases as the Tigers reduce their matchday presence at Leichhardt and Campbelltown.

St George Illawarra will scrap a permanent home-game presence at ANZ Stadium, increasing their allocation of fixtures at Kogarah and Wollongong to five games each in 2018.

It comes a week after Fairfax Media revealed rights holders Fox Sports and Nine have approached the state government and NRL about prioritising upgrades of suburban grounds and Allianz Stadium to create a more intimate TV product.

The Dragons stressed uncertainty over a timeline for the redevelopment of Sydney's stadiums network was the impetus for the move back to their roots, leaving the option to take one home game either interstate or overseas next year to complement their hosting rights to the Anzac Day clash.

It comes despite their average home crowds for the past four years at Sydney's major venues such as ANZ Stadium, Allianz Stadium and the Sydney Cricket Ground easily outstripping those at UOW Jubilee Oval and WIN Stadium.

The Dragons' average home crowds at the major Sydney venues between 2014 and 2017 topped 20,000 – inflated by the bumper Anzac Day attendances – while it was just over 11,000 for games at Kogarah and Wollongong in the same period.

But St George Illawarra powerbrokers were unwilling to commit to regular home games at Sydney Olympic Park in the immediate future despite the financial burden of opening the gates at Kogarah and Wollongong.

The squabbling over the $1.6 billion NSW government investment in Sydney's stadiums has delayed confirmation of the ANZ Stadium-Allianz Stadium funding breakdown.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian's cabinet is expected to prioritise the issue at a meeting next week.

The Tigers will work with the NRL to schedule two home games outside of Sydney in 2018, shaving one match each off their traditional allocation to Leichhardt and Campbelltown.

One of those could be in regional NSW as the NRL pushes to take as many as five games to the bush next year as compensation for abandoning the traditional City-Country fixture.

But the Tigers have no plans to abandon ANZ Stadium, staging four games at the grand final venue in 2018.

And they are working towards long-term agreements to play home games at Leichhardt and Campbelltown beyond next year despite slating just three games for each next year.

The Bulldogs, Rabbitohs and Eels – before the opening of the new Western Sydney Stadium in 2019 – are already permanent tenants at ANZ Stadium.

The Tigers will be just one of a number of Sydney clubs that have upped their commitment to take home games outside of the harbour city, highlighted by the Sea Eagles, who will play three home fixtures away from Lottoland next year.

Trent Barrett's NRL finalists have added Christchurch to complement existing home games in Perth and Brisbane to offset loss-making fixtures at Brookvale.

The NRL will take control of next year's scheduling and is expected to release the draw later this month.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... yt5q3.html

Return to “Wests Tigers”