Wests Tigers confirm 2018 home game allocation

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
wd in perth
Member
Member
Posts: 1821
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Wests Tigers confirm 2018 home game allocation

Unread post by wd in perth » Thu 05 Oct, 2017 12:23 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:43 am
Unfortunately trial games don't count.

We still have to take 2 games elsewhere.

As mentioned before where are Melbourne and Brisbane taking their two games - Oh! they aren't, right.
Why would they? They fill they're stadiums regularly. 2 capital cities with a single team. I don't see a problem there.


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3133
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 104 times

Unread post by Russell » Thu 05 Oct, 2017 8:41 pm

wd in perth wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 12:23 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:43 am
Unfortunately trial games don't count.

We still have to take 2 games elsewhere.

As mentioned before where are Melbourne and Brisbane taking their two games - Oh! they aren't, right.
Why would they? They fill they're stadiums regularly. 2 capital cities with a single team. I don't see a problem there.
What i was getting at WD is where is their contribution to promoting the game - why don't they take a couple of games to country Victoria or Queensland / maybe they can do their bit in Perth, Darwin, Tasmania etc.

Oh! no - leave that for the strugglers and Sydney teams - and they can have it all their own way as usual.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1586
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm
Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Thu 05 Oct, 2017 8:43 pm

wd in perth wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 12:23 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:43 am
Unfortunately trial games don't count.

We still have to take 2 games elsewhere.

As mentioned before where are Melbourne and Brisbane taking their two games - Oh! they aren't, right.
Why would they? They fill they're stadiums regularly. 2 capital cities with a single team. I don't see a problem there.
Why don't Storm and Broncos promote the games in the regional areas in their respective states?

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by vlad » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 5:39 am



1 home ( away ) game is rd 5 at Mt Smart vs Melbourne

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24998
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 5:56 am

The two home games that will be played outside of Sydney are aimed at growing both the club’s and game’s supporter base through some initiatives.
Pfft...Nice to see us helping the Warriors...


User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 6:42 am

Not too bad considering that many of our players come from NZ

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by vlad » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 7:17 am

However if our traditional Easter Monday game v the Eels is on again , which would be April 2nd , then that's a 5 day turnaround .

Maybe that'll get switched to a Saturday or Sunday next year .

Or maybe we'll just get the short straw .

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:17 am

Poor move imo taking one of our home games and making it a warriors home game.I fail to see how that will increase our supporter base or get us 2 points.
I was hoping all the dumb decisions made by our board were over guess not.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3133
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 104 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:27 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:17 am
Poor move imo taking one of our home games and making it a warriors home game.I fail to see how that will increase our supporter base or get us 2 points.
I was hoping all the dumb decisions made by our board were over guess not.
Dumbest decision ever - we owe the Warriors nothing. It has to be the joke of 2018 and the year hasn't even started yet.

User avatar
NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2641
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:51 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:35 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:27 am
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:17 am
Poor move imo taking one of our home games and making it a warriors home game.I fail to see how that will increase our supporter base or get us 2 points.
I was hoping all the dumb decisions made by our board were over guess not.
Dumbest decision ever - we owe the Warriors nothing. It has to be the joke of 2018 and the year hasn't even started yet.


I thought we were taking games to regional nsw. Now we are the warm up act to a Warriors game.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24675
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 256 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:40 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:17 am
Poor move imo taking one of our home games and making it a warriors home game.I fail to see how that will increase our supporter base or get us 2 points.
I was hoping all the dumb decisions made by our board were over guess not.
You realise we are playing the Storm at Mt Smart not the Warriors right...Warriors play the Cowboys in a Double header ...Wests Tigers v Melbourne..Warriors v Cowboys..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Balmainbred » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:48 am

Where in the email on the 26 sept 2017 does it state the games will be played in regional NSW I read it as to new locations to be announced in coming weeks

User avatar
NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2641
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:51 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:56 am

Balmainbred wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:48 am
Where in the email on the 26 sept 2017 does it state the games will be played in regional NSW I read it as to new locations to be announced in coming weeks


My assumption. Thought they were taking the game to a regional venue. Not another teams home ground.

User avatar
Juro
Member
Member
Posts: 2585
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Juro » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:01 am

I fail to see how playing a game in a city where they already have a fulltime team (and 12 home games) helps to grow the game.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

AnnandaleTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 9:49 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:12 am

This is pretty poor. Christchurch would have been tolerable to an extent but Auckland? Under the context of growing the game this doesn’t count.

Can’t see it being a great gate either.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24998
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:14 am

This is no different to us playing a home game at Newcastle Townsville Canberra etc... Pretty pointless and a screw you to the loyal fans who attend all home games

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24998
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:16 am

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:12 am
This is pretty poor. Christchurch would have been tolerable to an extent but Auckland? Under the context of growing the game this doesn’t count.

Can’t see it being a great gate either.
It will be split as well, after expenses.
Hopefully the NRL have slipped us a few quid for our troubles

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:34 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:40 am
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:17 am
Poor move imo taking one of our home games and making it a warriors home game.I fail to see how that will increase our supporter base or get us 2 points.
I was hoping all the dumb decisions made by our board were over guess not.
You realise we are playing the Storm at Mt Smart not the Warriors right...Warriors play the Cowboys in a Double header ...Wests Tigers v Melbourne..Warriors v Cowboys..
Lol apologies Geo i misread the announcement about who we are playing.However i would still prefer this game to be in country NSW.

Post Reply

Return to “Wests Tigers”