Wests Tigers confirm 2018 home game allocation

Snake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Wests Tigers confirm 2018 home game allocation

Unread post by Snake » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:34 am

My opinion is if more supporters attended both Liechart and Campbelltown this would not have eventuated. My other point is the board and CEO did not have the balls to pull 2 games away and play them at ANZ where the majority of the ticketed members are !So this is where we are simple .

steve-o
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by steve-o » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:35 am

This makes absolutely no sense to me. I thought our two home-away-from-home games would be used to grow the game of rugby league.
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 186 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 2:46 pm

vlad wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 7:17 am
However if our traditional Easter Monday game v the Eels is on again , which would be April 2nd , then that's a 5 day turnaround .

Maybe that'll get switched to a Saturday or Sunday next year .

Or maybe we'll just get the short straw .
Looks like we've been dumped from the Easter game at ANZ v Parra... They're playing Sharks that weekend

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 2dad17e569

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 3:00 pm

Iam all for taking a game to Bathurst,Tamworth,Wagga or any other regional Rugby league playing area but to take a game versus the Storm to Auckland is crazy. It is certainly not a move that will encourage new memberships

gallagher
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 4:01 pm

So the NRL are spreading the game by sending us to another teams home ground? And we agree to it?
Where are we taking the other game to? Newcastle?
My little faith in Pascoe has just evaporated.

Needaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by Needaname » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 4:06 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 2:46 pm
vlad wrote:
However if our traditional Easter Monday game v the Eels is on again , which would be April 2nd , then that's a 5 day turnaround .

Looks like we've been dumped from the Easter game at ANZ v Parra... They're playing Sharks that weekend

Could still be possible.
The double header is the weekend before Easter. I'd imagine the Good Friday clash will still go ahead as well.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 186 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm

Needaname wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 4:06 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 2:46 pm
vlad wrote:

Could still be possible.
The double header is the weekend before Easter. I'd imagine the Good Friday clash will still go ahead as well.
Ooops my mistake thought that was the Easter weekend, youre right, easter is April 1

shakey4d
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 5:50 pm

Seems an odd decision to play in Auckland. Could see appeal in playing a game in South Island but Not Auckland. Can only assume we have been compensated enough to warrant giving up a home game and adding more travel time.

Read interesting article the other day about somewhat of an alignment to success and draw 'difficulty'. losing a few home games might help the game a bit (questionable) but certainly ain't helping us.

Chicken Faced Killa
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 6:39 pm

The league must be trying to promote double headers as a way of being in crowds with all these double headers in the first few rounds.

Not a fan of taking a game to Auckland hopefully the other game is a region that doesn't get games and promotes the game

NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 6:56 pm

Great news for any WT fans around Auckland but as members we are denied the opportunity to watch our team play against the Premiers in a home game. The Storm game is usually at Leichhardt Oval. In round 5 against with WT team full of new players, the place would have been packed. Instead we have said goodbye to home advantage and added unnecessary travel days to the agenda. The financial gains out of this must be huge! If the Tigers play the Warriors at Mt Smart next year, that is just one game less at Mt Smart Stadium then they will play at Leichhardt or Campbelltown. I know its the Wests Tigers but I really can't understand this one.

wt00
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by wt00 » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 7:24 pm

Not a fan of taking a home game to NZ. Would've been better going to a nsw regional area for both games.
The star of the team is the team.

Eddie
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:08 pm

This is rubbish.

Seriously.

About as lame and disappointing option as they could have come up with.

gallagher
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:18 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 09 Oct, 2017 6:39 pm
The league must be trying to promote double headers as a way of being in crowds with all these double headers in the first few rounds.

Not a fan of taking a game to Auckland hopefully the other game is a region that doesn't get games and promotes the game
Yes. Instead of getting two games draw in 10k each they play at the one venue and get 20k. Of course its not growing the amount of people going to games but the NRL will say that crowds are increasing because of the combined crowd figure.
Its just really lazy managment of an organisation with no idea how to grow the game. Whata dud greenberg has turned out to be.

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 265 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:28 pm

You guys are all whingers.

I couldn't care less where the Tigers play, as long as they are playing.

If you are unhappy about having one less 'home' game then make the trip to Aukland to watch them - SImple.

We should support the Tigers through thick or thin, it doesn't matter where they play - We will still support them.

Needaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by Needaname » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 8:52 pm

Sorry I think most people have missed the point.
It's a bit close minded to think we will grow the game be continuing to play in the dated suburban grounds.
For the enthusiast yes they have dropped the ball and are singling out a number of die hards with their decision to relocate the home game.
But we are not going to grow the game by encouraging the rugby league enthusiast to change allegiances from their local team to and start to follow the Tigers. And in conjunction with that I don't believe the Tigers are playing in New Zealand to attract Kiwis to follow the Tigers either although there is some likely hood of that happening depending on the performance of our team what we will most likely get out of it is rugby league respect.
But the ultimate result of this move will be providing rugby league with another blockbuster round that we will feature heavily in.
The blockbuster games are the games that generate the most conversation the most remuneration and the chance of any casual observers to the game.
The fact that this event will be associated with the Two Grandfinal teams is another bonus.
It's time for the game to grow to the potential heights of the likes of American sports and it ain't going to happy satisfying the Die Hard fans.
As an example I don't have time to watch every game in every round of other sports but I find time to watch Grandfinals, derbys or Test matches of most other sports.
Ponder that.

Nucky Thompson
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:19 pm

I'd been keen on a double header in new south Wales region. Hopefully second allocation is a double header too we can go to in NSW.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:38 pm

Don't really see what all the fuss is about. Manly take a game to Brisbane every year. Dogs and Souths are taking games to Perth. Double headers are a good initiative.

Eddie
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 9:52 pm

Difference is I suppose we already have 3 home grounds.

Return to “Season 2018”