gallagher wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:52 am
Snake wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:40 am
gallagher wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:20 am
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:15 am
"But one thing I will say unequivocally is that there needs to be one defined home to complement the one defined brand of the Wests Tigers.

Pffft
Exactky. Promise one and deliver five. Time for another fluffy Q and A.
I have been told that perspective Corprate types that would delivery future sponsorship dollars want nothing to do with both suburban grounds..I am a bit confused as to where the club is headed with this signing up long term at both grounds seems odd or money is no object moving forward .
I think they are still trying to please everyone. But that gets you nowhere.
Maybe they are looking at multi year suburban ground deals taking us up to when homebush is refurbished then a full time move there.

They either don't have a plan or arnt sharing it with us for some reason.
I'm not really clear on what you guys are getting at?

The obvious answer for a single home ground is to take everything to ANZ. I don't think we are ready for that yet and I understand still splitting the games. I love going to LO and I wish it was more than 4 times per year, even though I understand the rationale for Homebush, it's not the same. I don't think Tigers can just cut CSS and LO without significant fallout, there will be all this nonsense about abandoning the local fans and junior development.

In fact if you look at CSS, if we take games away then what ties do we actually have to the area? Just Wests JRL - the Leagues club doesn't invest in Tigers, we don't train there, our players don't live there.

The other problem I am sure all clubs have is that the State Govt still haven't finalised their stadia plans, so nobody can make long-term decisions about games played. It's still possible that ANZ could be out of play for some time due to refurbish, or they may end up knocking the SFS down.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 295 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 10:54 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:43 am
Tacky wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 7:59 pm
underdog wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 3:34 pm
Gosford would be hardly and "exciting" Initiative you'd think.
That depends on where you live.
It maybe handy if you live in the area and are a WT fan (or the team they are going to play against, but Underdog is correct it wouldn't be the greatest initiative in terms of growing the game and supporters.
I thought that the Roosters have moved into this area with the Wyong Roos?

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 264 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:15 am

Actually thinking about this our home game win ratio was the worst of any Club in 2017 ..
I believe...we did win more on the road...

Maybe the short to medium long term goal is to play all our home games away like 12 games in South Australia or Wellington or Perth..we don't need to establish a fotress...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:26 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 10:54 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Tacky wrote:
underdog wrote:
It maybe handy if you live in the area and are a WT fan (or the team they are going to play against, but Underdog is correct it wouldn't be the greatest initiative in terms of growing the game and supporters.
Thats correct, i hope they take games to country towns rather than Adelaide or Perth.

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:35 am

Iam all for every team taking a home game to the country, interstate or even PNG, but it has to be all teams including the likes of Brisbane. For us to take two games and both games from our suburban allotment is crazy.

I know the reason is all about dollars and improving our bottom line, but the very best way to improve your bottom line is to win football matches and you do that by building a fortress for a home ground not by being the traveling Wilburys.

As a ten year member I am not happy

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:35 am

9 games @ ANZ
1 game @ Leicharddt
1 game @ Campbeltown
1 game to a country/rural area to establish a new fan base

Pleases everyone and we get extra money which would help attract more quality players

Yossarian
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 98 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 12:05 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 10:54 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Tacky wrote:
underdog wrote:
Not only are Wyong their feeder team, they've also taken over Woy Woy Leagues which creates the odd situation in the local comp of a team backed by their Leagues Club playing a team in their feeder stream albeit indirectly.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by formerguest » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 12:16 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Tacky wrote:
underdog wrote:
You would be surprised how much the chooks have gotten into young kid's minds throughout the central coast since linking up with the Wyong Roos and I haven't even lived there a year as yet. School visits and a bit of work in the community does wonders and it is much less racially diverse, so more people know or follow the game.

willow
Has liked: 10 times

Unread post by willow » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 12:51 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 4:29 pm
TigerKapa wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 3:59 pm
Does anyone know how long until our deal with ANZ ends? I'm all for games out of Sydney but I was hojng they'd be at the expense of ANZ....not Leichhardt and Campbelltown
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... zr05p.html

Ten year deal started in 2014.
I'm gonna be greedy and hope we game in Perth this year.
I second that!

willow
Has liked: 10 times

Unread post by willow » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 12:55 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 8:29 pm
Can someone tell me if the long term deal with ANZ is a good deal or was it stupid and how long the deal is for?
10 years and the club is guaranteed at least $100,000 even if the crowd is pitiful. To make a profit at Leichhardt I recall the figure of around 12,000 to make a profit.

gallagher
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by gallagher » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 12:55 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 10:51 am
gallagher wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:52 am
Snake wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:40 am
gallagher wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 9:20 am

Exactky. Promise one and deliver five. Time for another fluffy Q and A.
I have been told that perspective Corprate types that would delivery future sponsorship dollars want nothing to do with both suburban grounds..I am a bit confused as to where the club is headed with this signing up long term at both grounds seems odd or money is no object moving forward .
I think they are still trying to please everyone. But that gets you nowhere.
Maybe they are looking at multi year suburban ground deals taking us up to when homebush is refurbished then a full time move there.

They either don't have a plan or arnt sharing it with us for some reason.
I'm not really clear on what you guys are getting at?

The obvious answer for a single home ground is to take everything to ANZ. I don't think we are ready for that yet and I understand still splitting the games. I love going to LO and I wish it was more than 4 times per year, even though I understand the rationale for Homebush, it's not the same. I don't think Tigers can just cut CSS and LO without significant fallout, there will be all this nonsense about abandoning the local fans and junior development.

In fact if you look at CSS, if we take games away then what ties do we actually have to the area? Just Wests JRL - the Leagues club doesn't invest in Tigers, we don't train there, our players don't live there.

The other problem I am sure all clubs have is that the State Govt still haven't finalised their stadia plans, so nobody can make long-term decisions about games played. It's still possible that ANZ could be out of play for some time due to refurbish, or they may end up knocking the SFS down.
All I'm getting at ss that Pascoe said he'd deliver us one home ground. Now we're going to five. It seems odd.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 295 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 1:10 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 12:51 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 4:29 pm
TigerKapa wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 3:59 pm
Does anyone know how long until our deal with ANZ ends? I'm all for games out of Sydney but I was hojng they'd be at the expense of ANZ....not Leichhardt and Campbelltown
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... zr05p.html

Ten year deal started in 2014.
I'm gonna be greedy and hope we game in Perth this year.
I second that!
Everyone wants a Tigers game in their home town, I have Panthers games you have Souths. LOL

beachtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by beachtiger » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 1:37 pm

I can see points on both sides of the argument but I strongly believe there is a positive outcome in taking games to rural areas in regards to attracting the young kids to start supporting our great club.

I was born in Darwin and when I was about 6 years old the Balmain Tigers came and played a game up there (against Penrith I think it was). All the kids loved it and at the game I got myself a Tigers hat and fell in love with the team just because I got to see them up close. Fast forward 33 years and add in a merger I still love the team and can never imagine following anyone but them and this all started with a 6 year old kid being able to see them up close which the majority of kids in rural areas will never get to experience.

marzie
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by marzie » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 2:02 pm

beachtiger wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 1:37 pm
I can see points on both sides of the argument but I strongly believe there is a positive outcome in taking games to rural areas in regards to attracting the young kids to start supporting our great club.

I was born in Darwin and when I was about 6 years old the Balmain Tigers came and played a game up there (against Penrith I think it was). All the kids loved it and at the game I got myself a Tigers hat and fell in love with the team just because I got to see them up close. Fast forward 33 years and add in a merger I still love the team and can never imagine following anyone but them and this all started with a 6 year old kid being able to see them up close which the majority of kids in rural areas will never get to experience.
Same here when I was 7 or 8 WT came to wagga wagga and I got to meet the players at a JRL clinic and followed them ever since

I think its a great idea

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by formerguest » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 2:20 pm

marzie wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 2:02 pm
beachtiger wrote:

Same here when I was 7 or 8 WT came to wagga wagga and I got to meet the players at a JRL clinic and followed them ever since

I think its a great idea
Just as I replied to TCL above, any presence gains ground. My son and his mates were buzzing after the chooks visit to his school.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 4:06 pm

formerguest wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 2:20 pm
marzie wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 2:02 pm
beachtiger wrote:

I think its a great idea
Just as I replied to TCL above, any presence gains ground. My son and his mates were buzzing after the chooks visit to his school.
I agree that any presence gains ground however, if we go to regional towns in NSW we garner support from NRL supporters and are more likely to find potential talent in those areas as well.

When my son was younger they won their local comp, we took the team out to Parkes and they were way to strong for our boys. Some great talent in the bush.

I wouldn't have a problem with PNG or Fiji neither but Perth and Adelaide i just cant get excited about.

Russell
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 106 times

Unread post by Russell » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 4:22 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:35 am
9 games @ ANZ
1 game @ Leicharddt
1 game @ Campbeltown

Pleases everyone and we get extra money which would help attract more quality players
No it doesn't Ben, only you youngsters with no history or great memories.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 140 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 27 Sep, 2017 4:38 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 4:22 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Wed 27 Sep, 2017 11:35 am
9 games @ ANZ
1 game @ Leicharddt
1 game @ Campbeltown

No it doesn't Ben, only you youngsters with no history or great memories.
Theres only eight opposition Sydney based teams, you can guarantee when the draw comes out we wont have a H game against every one of them, you then need to start having regional & interstate opponents...if thats the case ANZ wont be paying the top dollar they pay us for 4 games there per year against the opponents THEY choose (high crowd pulling Sydney clubs)

Flood the market, dilute the price

Return to “Wests Tigers”