Weird

Wests Tigers Discussion
larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Weird

Post by larrycorowa » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:17 pm

Does anyone else find it weird that the tigers are tweeting congratulations to players that will soon be with another club? I know they are still contracted but is it not bitter sweet. The less said the better, I'm can't understand how the club could see any benefit in it. It annoys me and may hint that the front office is still barely functioning effectively.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21317
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:21 pm

Yeah. It peeved me even when they were doing it during the season. I guess they were obliged, but still left a sour taste in my mouth.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:56 pm

I have noticed a lot of clubs doing the same, congratulating both people leaving and joining the club.

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool

Post by LCA » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:57 pm

I completely disagree. I think it shows a level of reality and decency. Ok, they've decided to take their talents elsewhere and who knows when their obligations to WT end? But, they've reached honours while a part of our club. I think that says a lot about THIS club as opposed to where they're going.

I also noticed a tweet from WT congratulating Melbourne Storm on their GF win. I thought that showed a lot of class. Makes me MORE of a supporter, not less!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28383
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:59 pm

No not at all...shows we have grown...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3816
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 7:02 pm

It shows confidence , in a back handed kinda way
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2416
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 9:26 pm

LCA wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:57 pm
I completely disagree. I think it shows a level of reality and decency. Ok, they've decided to take their talents elsewhere and who knows when their obligations to WT end? But, they've reached honours while a part of our club. I think that says a lot about THIS club as opposed to where they're going.

I also noticed a tweet from WT congratulating Melbourne Storm on their GF win. I thought that showed a lot of class. Makes me MORE of a supporter, not less!
I thought I read somewhere that Woods commitment finish in November, so he is still a part of the WT.
So why not congratulate a member of your club for representing our country.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27957
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 9:35 pm

LCA wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:57 pm
I completely disagree. I think it shows a level of reality and decency. Ok, they've decided to take their talents elsewhere and who knows when their obligations to WT end? But, they've reached honours while a part of our club. I think that says a lot about THIS club as opposed to where they're going.

I also noticed a tweet from WT congratulating Melbourne Storm on their GF win. I thought that showed a lot of class. Makes me MORE of a supporter, not less!
Yeh I was initially " who cares" when I first saw the tweet... But this discussion has me agreeing with you.
They're local juniors as well... It's good for their clubs

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2605
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Fri 06 Oct, 2017 9:50 pm

It's a professional obligation from a professional organisation. I'm seriously glad we're not being run like a bunch of bitter children. All professional organisations and clubs need to do this sort of stuff so, if we want to be taken seriously and represent the club as such, these statements and media releases need to be posted. They're contracted to the club until the end of October(?) so, congratulations are almost mandatory on a professional level.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

User avatar
Mighty Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:48 am

I find it strange that we are appearing professional

krayola
Member
Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:12 am

Post by krayola » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 5:02 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:48 am
I find it strange that we are appearing professional
:roll
One of my sources is Pascoe

Onthebus
Member
Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Onthebus » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 6:12 am

Wonder if they would have congratulated Mitch Moses if Parra had won the comp

User avatar
Roar Power
Member
Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue 12 Jul, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Roar Power » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 6:56 am

Onthebus wrote:
Sun 08 Oct, 2017 6:12 am
Wonder if they would have congratulated Mitch Moses if Parra had won the comp
Comparing apples and oranges...

The guys they are congratulating are still contracted to the club. Moses isn't.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 7:30 am

I think it's unprofessional. Those guys have left and we still have the club supporting them.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27957
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 8:19 am

Earl wrote:
Sun 08 Oct, 2017 7:30 am
I think it's unprofessional. Those guys have left and we still have the club supporting them.
They haven't left...NRL Contracts finish Nov 1

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 9:37 am

Its all about getting a good name out there in the market place and we sure have some repair work to do after what has happened in the past.

Having a good name helps attract good press that intern helps attract players and commercial partners. Also you never slam the door in a departing players face, you never know when he might decide to come home

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 9:03 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sun 08 Oct, 2017 9:37 am
Its all about getting a good name out there in the market place and we sure have some repair work to do after what has happened in the past.

Having a good name helps attract good press that intern helps attract players and commercial partners. Also you never slam the door in a departing players face, you never know when he might decide to come home
If I purchased every door on the planet it still wouldn’t be enough doors to slam in the face of Mitchell Moses. He has no home to return to
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2917
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 9:42 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 08 Oct, 2017 9:03 pm
supercoach wrote:
Sun 08 Oct, 2017 9:37 am
Its all about getting a good name out there in the market place and we sure have some repair work to do after what has happened in the past.

Having a good name helps attract good press that intern helps attract players and commercial partners. Also you never slam the door in a departing players face, you never know when he might decide to come home
If I purchased every door on the planet it still wouldn’t be enough doors to slam in the face of Mitchell Moses. He has no home to return to
I must admit he is the only current ex player i would not want back at the club under any circumstances

Post Reply