2018 Draw (rd 1 to 25)

AnnandaleTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 9:49 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Re: 2018 Draw (rd 1 to 25)

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 7:03 pm

The top 8 will be quite different next year, so baselining things on how teams ranked the year before is just a spin that can be applied to the circumstances. Quite a few teams fates could change.


User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 7:05 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 5:15 pm
Josh Reynolds twitter comment: love a challenge - bring it on. That’s why we need josh Reynolds!!
Yep this is the attitude we need at the club. All this press about how hard the draw is should be used as motivation.

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 7:15 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 1:53 pm
Might as well have a further 2 LO games in the bush as well.

Thurs night, Sat night - are they trying to get small crowds or what?
Out of interest what days/times should the games at Leichhardt be?

I don’t mind Saturday games there. Thursday is tough anywhere really.

Campbelltown has a similar times next year 1 c Thursday, 1 x Friday and 1 x Sunday.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 7:38 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 7:15 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 1:53 pm
Might as well have a further 2 LO games in the bush as well.

Thurs night, Sat night - are they trying to get small crowds or what?
Out of interest what days/times should the games at Leichhardt be?

I don’t mind Saturday games there. Thursday is tough anywhere really.

Campbelltown has a similar times next year 1 c Thursday, 1 x Friday and 1 x Sunday.
CFK - to my mind games at Leichhardt should always be Sunday Arvo. This is what most people talk about when mentioning LO.

So we do the right thing and take two games away from Sydney and they give us 1 game on Sunday at LO.

Not sure about Campbelltown but it used to be Sat night was good there but I stand corrected. I am sure the draw there is a dud as well.

Oh! well - as someone said we have to beat who ever at where ever but it would be nice to have a crowd there while you are doing it.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16088
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 7:47 pm

851 wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 4:44 pm
BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 4:41 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 2:04 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 2:00 pm
If we're a top 8 team, we're going to have to beat the teams in front of us whomever they are and wherever it may be.
This ^^^^^ 100 times this..
Well the cowgirls didn't have to lost to all the good teams, and the useless Dragons carried them to the grand final because the Bradbury Cowgirls became the worst grand final team in history of the NRL.
They beat Cronulla, Parra and Roosters to make it, so they were not the worst team in the history of the NRL to play a grand final.
They also did it without their two best players. Their entry into the finals was serendipitous and nearly went all the way well against the odds.

It would have like us winning 2005 without Benji and Prince.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.


User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 7:54 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 7:38 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 7:15 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 1:53 pm
Might as well have a further 2 LO games in the bush as well.

Thurs night, Sat night - are they trying to get small crowds or what?
Out of interest what days/times should the games at Leichhardt be?

I don’t mind Saturday games there. Thursday is tough anywhere really.

Campbelltown has a similar times next year 1 c Thursday, 1 x Friday and 1 x Sunday.
CFK - to my mind games at Leichhardt should always be Sunday Arvo. This is what most people talk about when mentioning LO.

So we do the right thing and take two games away from Sydney and they give us 1 game on Sunday at LO.

Not sure about Campbelltown but it used to be Sat night was good there but I stand corrected. I am sure the draw there is a dud as well.

Oh! well - as someone said we have to beat who ever at where ever but it would be nice to have a crowd there while you are doing it.
I’d also prefer Sundays at Leichhardt. I think both grounds got games that are difficult but I’ll get there regardless and I’m sure if we are winning the people will come.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24955
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 333 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:50 pm

Fox Lab Analysis ..

Image
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1645
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 9:41 pm

Tigers have the most Sunday games of any team and people on here still complian their arent enough Sunday games. What people really want is the draw written for the benefit of their club only.

Clubs ask for different things - you can't please everyone

Also Leichardt is a great place for THursday night imo. Hop straight on the light rail at central and I'm haivng beers at the Royal by 5:30 - perfect

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 9:42 pm

Iam not so worried about who we play....it’s where we play, what day we play and what time.
From what I can make of the draw based on the above...it sucks

User avatar
greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 1953
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 9:51 pm

As JR says, bring it on

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by tigerap » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:49 pm

Interesting that the lowly teams have the hardest draw and the top teams have the red carpet draw.... I wonder why

Munk
Member
Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 4:20 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Munk » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 11:44 pm

BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 4:41 pm

Well the cowgirls didn't have to lost to all the good teams, and the useless Dragons carried them to the grand final because the Bradbury Cowgirls became the worst grand final team in history of the NRL.
Wow this is an astonishingly ignorant read of the finals series this year and the charge towards the GF of the eventual runner up.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25212
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 5:35 am

10th, 11th & 14th from 2015 made the finals the next year

13th, 14th & 15th from '16 made the top 8 this season

It will be interesting to look back on this thread next September

Onthebus
Member
Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:33 pm
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Onthebus » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 6:55 am

Im surprised we didn't draw the Storm 7 times playing them every 3 weeks

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10437
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 7:19 am

Gotta beat them at some stage... We are currently equal first in 2018, so its really up to us to stay in the Top 8!

#getyourbusreadycleary
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by Needaname » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:32 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:50 pm
Fox Lab Analysis ..

Image
How do you view the fox sports lab?

BlackandGoldForever
Member
Member
Posts: 811
Joined: Wed 19 Mar, 2014 12:39 pm

Unread post by BlackandGoldForever » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 9:15 am

851 wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 4:44 pm
BlackandGoldForever wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 4:41 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 2:04 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 2:00 pm
If we're a top 8 team, we're going to have to beat the teams in front of us whomever they are and wherever it may be.
This ^^^^^ 100 times this..
Well the cowgirls didn't have to lost to all the good teams, and the useless Dragons carried them to the grand final because the Bradbury Cowgirls became the worst grand final team in history of the NRL.
They beat Cronulla, Parra and Roosters to make it, so they were not the worst team in the history of the NRL to play a grand final.
Worst grand final team in history, I don't care what anyone says that team didn't even deserve to make the 8, and SHOULD NOT have even been in it, it;'s because dragons choked, sharks Gallen was dumb and the eels and roosters didn't show up. when a team finally showed up against them they were SMASHED

BlackandGoldForever
Member
Member
Posts: 811
Joined: Wed 19 Mar, 2014 12:39 pm

Unread post by BlackandGoldForever » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 9:19 am

Hate to bring up 2005 but we did play the roosters and bulldogs round 2 and 3 that year the 2 grand final winning teams, and won them both.

but hey at least we won't start 2-0 this year and people saying what a great team we look like, and how we will make the 8. I still have the screenshot of last year after beating souths while we were in 1st place and took it while I could

Post Reply

Return to “Season 2018”