Re: 2018 Draw (rd 1 to 25)

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 9:24 am

Needaname wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:32 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:50 pm
Fox Lab Analysis ..

How do you view the fox sports lab?
Go to the foxsports website.. or link here... https://www.foxsports.com.au/the-lab
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 11:15 am

Well this will test us and if we can be better than 50% for the first half we should be morals to make the 8.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Harvey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Harvey » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 12:56 pm

Might be able to get 100/1 around the round 10 mark.
So despite the roster and season finish, the tigers were favs to win the spoon and longest price to make the 8. When do you think the bookies saw the draw?

tiger scott

Unread post by tiger scott » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 3:48 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 12:56 pm
Might be able to get 100/1 around the round 10 mark.
So despite the roster and season finish, the tigers were favs to win the spoon and longest price to make the 8. When do you think the bookies saw the draw?
That's a fair point you make Harvey.

I like the attitude of JR, bring it on indeed! Fingers crossed we can get the chooks in Rnd 1, beat Parra and/or Broncos and jag one of the 2 against the storm. Could be 3 or 4 from 6 and looking quite good

Seantice
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by Seantice » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 7:54 pm

An absolute farce 5 teams who struggled last year get the hardest draw? Broncos storm and roosters easy as usual. My god every time i think the nrl head office cant get more incompetent, then they go and do it worse..

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:08 pm

Massive opportunity to make a statement. Someone has to have the toughest draw, and to my knowledge this is the first time it's us.

Let's face it, how useful have "kind" draws been, given we have 3 finals appearances!

At the end of 2017, with teams hitting their straps for the semis, I felt like we were only a shade off the pace, essentially 5th tackle efforts ruined our attack, and occasional poor reads our defence. This is a lot better than how we looked 3 months earlier and we were making easy metres most week and defending as a unit. If the trend continues we will be 3/6 at least.

At least, that's what I'm saying now....

Seantice
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by Seantice » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:28 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:08 pm
Massive opportunity to make a statement. Someone has to have the toughest draw, and to my knowledge this is the first time it's us.

Let's face it, how useful have "kind" draws been, given we have 3 finals appearances!

At the end of 2017, with teams hitting their straps for the semis, I felt like we were only a shade off the pace, essentially 5th tackle efforts ruined our attack, and occasional poor reads our defence. This is a lot better than how we looked 3 months earlier and we were making easy metres most week and defending as a unit. If the trend continues we will be 3/6 at least.

Having a tough is one thing. But this draw where we possibly could be 0-8 to start the season is shocking. Winning games breeds confidence. What confidence will brooks have if we lose a coupke of close games and are 1-7,2-6 or 0-8 to stsrt the season?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by formerguest » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:52 pm

Seantice wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:28 pm
old man tiger wrote:

Having a tough is one thing. But this draw where we possibly could be 0-8 to start the season is shocking. Winning games breeds confidence. What confidence will brooks have if we lose a coupke of close games and are 1-7,2-6 or 0-8 to stsrt the season?
He will soon gain confidence with his starting front rowers knocking the opposition over and getting a quick play the ball instead of the dancing then rolling around on their back/s that he has been used to. Despite losing the big minutes and meters Woods provided, I have little doubt we will be much stronger up front next season.

shakey4d
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 7:05 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:50 pm
Fox Lab Analysis ..

Was it also fox sports that published an article recently suggesting a pretty strong correlation with the difficulty of the draw and team success?

Great....

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 7:28 am

Seantice wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:28 pm
old man tiger wrote:

We regularly go 2-6 or 1-7 during the season. If we are going to be that crap again does it matter when?

The bottom line is we need to improve and this gives us as opportunity to do so. In a way it is the perfect draw for us to see what we're made of.

The other reaaon I disagree with the majority view is that we can't change the draw so why whinge about it. We shouldn't make excuses for failure before a ball is kicked and then complain about a lack of accountability.

Sorry to single you out by quoting you. I'm talking about our supporters en masse, including beyond the forum. Maybe we have suffered generational trauma haha

Telltails
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by Telltails » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:00 am

No easy games anyway. Sometimes it is best to play the percieved best teams first before they click into gear. Got plenty of time to get their head around it.

Chicken Faced Killa
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:23 am

We really can’t worry about other teams just need to focus on what we are doing and how we can get better and we’ll start being more competitive

Juro
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Juro » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 12:21 pm

tigerap wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:49 pm
Interesting that the lowly teams have the hardest draw and the top teams have the red carpet draw.... I wonder why
All depends on how the analysis is done. Team ranked 1st only get to play 15 teams ranked lower than them. Teams ranked 16th face a tougher draw by definition.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Bengaliwolf
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Bengaliwolf » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 1:07 pm

As far as I can remember, its never been the draw which has let us down. In recent memory, we haven't been doing well no matter who we're playing.

There are a lot of changes in the team for next year so we shouldn't write ourselves off just because we have a tough draw to start with.

I'd rather go in to the season as underdogs with no expectation on us to do well. I imagine it would be a massive boost to the team mentality if we come out of the first 6 rounds with 3 wins on the board. Bring it on.

razzledazzle
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by razzledazzle » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 9:56 am

It would seem that this ranking was done using the finishing positions from 2016, so naturally the Storm and Roosters have an "easy" draw and teams like us/Titans/Warriors look like we have a tougher draw. The interesting thing from this is really Canberra, who finished mid table but have an easy draw. I'd put money on them to make the 8.

Harvey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Harvey » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 5:08 pm

razzledazzle wrote:
Sat 28 Oct, 2017 9:56 am
It would seem that this ranking was done using the finishing positions from 2016, so naturally the Storm and Roosters have an "easy" draw and teams like us/Titans/Warriors look like we have a tougher draw. The interesting thing from this is really Canberra, who finished mid table but have an easy draw. I'd put money on them to make the 8.
Look at Ricky's coaching history. The downward spiral has already started. Except for their junior area and Qld scouting network, they would be specials to win a spoon in the next 2 years

Return to “Season 2018”