Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: ANZ Stadium

Unread post by Russell » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:04 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sat 28 Oct, 2017 9:02 pm
Lots I love about Leichardt too but here is what I don't

- The toilets are horrible and out of date
- The food is cold and junk - Leichardt is a suburb filled with amazing food options and then the ground has cold sausage rolls, greasy chips and stale hot dogs
- I watch the game except for the parts of the field I can't see - and thats annoying to miss tries because of the ground design
- Hills are great in the sun- they are rubbish in the wet
- I like basic canned Beer but my wife wants a nice glass of wine or a cider and mates who would prefer craft beer that the area is famous for over VB or Carlton which r the only choices
- The frist half of a 4pm game is spent staring into the Sun on a sunny day - damm annoying
5 million could fix most of those problems.

Maybe you need to position yourself where you can see. Game time scheduling is not Leichhardt's fault.
You should have been there in the old days if you think now is bad.

It's only 3 times a year - they can't go without craft beer? - wine in a cup would not be worth having anyway.

Old supporters would turn over in their grave - craft beer, wine, sun in your eyes!!!!

What are Tiger supporters coming to?

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 186 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:05 am

Russell wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:04 am
Boonboon2 wrote:

- The food is cold and junk - Leichardt is a suburb filled with amazing food options and then the ground has cold sausage rolls, greasy chips and stale hot dogs
- I watch the game except for the parts of the field I can't see - and thats annoying to miss tries because of the ground design
- I like basic canned Beer but my wife wants a nice glass of wine or a cider and mates who would prefer craft beer that the area is famous for over VB or Carlton which r the only choices
- The frist half of a 4pm game is spent staring into the Sun on a sunny day - damm annoying

Maybe you need to position yourself where you can see. Game time scheduling is not Leichhardt's fault.

It's only 3 times a year - they can't go without craft beer? - wine in a cup would not be worth having anyway.

Old supporters would turn over in their grave - craft beer, wine, sun in your eyes!!!!

Where is the 5 million coming from?

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:10 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:05 am
Russell wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:04 am
Boonboon2 wrote:

Where is the 5 million coming from?
Supposedly if they fix Allianz first 2 million for Sydney FC to play at Leichhardt and 3 million has already been allocated I believe.

That makes 5.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 225 times
Been liked: 345 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:26 am

Not even 50Mill could fix the dank in the Leichhardt Toilets...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:28 am

Boonboon2 wrote:

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

Balmain resident, Nigel Waspey says his brief encounter with Sydney’s working class community will probably be his last.

Despite living in Balmain for over five years, the 48-year-old graphic designer had never been to a live NRL match at nearby Leichhardt oval. That was until yesterday afternoon.

“A lot of the bars and restaurants in the community often hang orange banners around this time of the year. It’s kind of a cute way of paying homage to the working class families that don’t live here any more,”

“I thought I may as well go and watch the match because they don’t happen very often,”

“In fact, I have previously signed petitions for a ban on rugby league in Balmain. But apparently the Wests Tigers supporters hold this area quite close to their hearts,”

Wests Tigers, formerly known as “Balmain Tigers” is a rugby league club based in Sydney’s rapidly gentrifying inner-west.

As a founding member of the New South Wales Rugby League and one of the most successful in the history of the premiership, with eleven titles, they once epitomised the game’s working class roots.

However, in recent years, the area has been overtaken by ‘corporate creative’ residents who resent the concept of contact sport.

Nigel Waspey says his wife and several other neighbours were shocked and appalled at not only the behaviour of the rugby league fans present during Wests 36-22 win over the Manly Sea Eagles yesterday, but also the drinks on offer at the canteen.

“Never in my life would I have imagined that I would be forced to drink out of an aluminium can in the inner-west,”

“Not only was there no pinot on the menu, there was not one wine at all. Red or white,”

“I was forced to drink a mass-produced beer in front of my own children. It’s been very tough for them,”

While Mr Waspey says he can see the merit in the camaraderie that community football team can create, he says maybe rugby league isn’t the right sport for contemporary Balmain.

“I can understand the need to recognise this area’s working class roots. I mean, that’s half the reason we moved here from Potts Point. When the factories were closing down, we were able to move in to the old workers cottages,”

“But, to tell you the truth. That era is dead and gone for Balmain. People like me are more representative of what this area looks like nowadays, not this NRL team. There are definitely no Polynesians living here,”

While Nigel and his family claim to be “real sports nuts” – he says it’s time for Sydney to just acknowledge that the inner-west is more of a soccer or Australian rules hub nowadays.

“AFL is a Melbourne game, and the inner-west is more like Melbourne than anything else – it’s often compared to Europe, so soccer could be a better fit,”

“It really is time for those kinds of people to take their bogan football back out to the areas that still have blue collar workers. Balmain is a different place and it doesn’t belong to them any more,”

“All they needed to do was have a decent wine list and they might’ve been able to win the us locals onside. But they are more concerned about their low-brow canned beer. It’s just so crass.”
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

bathursttiger
Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 80 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:41 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:28 am
Boonboon2 wrote:

Balmain resident, Nigel Waspey says his brief encounter with Sydney’s working class community will probably be his last.

Despite living in Balmain for over five years, the 48-year-old graphic designer had never been to a live NRL match at nearby Leichhardt oval. That was until yesterday afternoon.

“A lot of the bars and restaurants in the community often hang orange banners around this time of the year. It’s kind of a cute way of paying homage to the working class families that don’t live here any more,”

“I thought I may as well go and watch the match because they don’t happen very often,”

“In fact, I have previously signed petitions for a ban on rugby league in Balmain. But apparently the Wests Tigers supporters hold this area quite close to their hearts,”

Wests Tigers, formerly known as “Balmain Tigers” is a rugby league club based in Sydney’s rapidly gentrifying inner-west.

As a founding member of the New South Wales Rugby League and one of the most successful in the history of the premiership, with eleven titles, they once epitomised the game’s working class roots.

However, in recent years, the area has been overtaken by ‘corporate creative’ residents who resent the concept of contact sport.

Nigel Waspey says his wife and several other neighbours were shocked and appalled at not only the behaviour of the rugby league fans present during Wests 36-22 win over the Manly Sea Eagles yesterday, but also the drinks on offer at the canteen.

“Never in my life would I have imagined that I would be forced to drink out of an aluminium can in the inner-west,”

“Not only was there no pinot on the menu, there was not one wine at all. Red or white,”

“I was forced to drink a mass-produced beer in front of my own children. It’s been very tough for them,”

While Mr Waspey says he can see the merit in the camaraderie that community football team can create, he says maybe rugby league isn’t the right sport for contemporary Balmain.

“I can understand the need to recognise this area’s working class roots. I mean, that’s half the reason we moved here from Potts Point. When the factories were closing down, we were able to move in to the old workers cottages,”

“But, to tell you the truth. That era is dead and gone for Balmain. People like me are more representative of what this area looks like nowadays, not this NRL team. There are definitely no Polynesians living here,”

While Nigel and his family claim to be “real sports nuts” – he says it’s time for Sydney to just acknowledge that the inner-west is more of a soccer or Australian rules hub nowadays.

“AFL is a Melbourne game, and the inner-west is more like Melbourne than anything else – it’s often compared to Europe, so soccer could be a better fit,”

“It really is time for those kinds of people to take their bogan football back out to the areas that still have blue collar workers. Balmain is a different place and it doesn’t belong to them any more,”

“All they needed to do was have a decent wine list and they might’ve been able to win the us locals onside. But they are more concerned about their low-brow canned beer. It’s just so crass.”
Oh tut tut Nigel go and sip your Latte with the in crowd in Norton Street.
Give me a Sunday afternoon on the hill at Leichhardt and I'm as happy as a pig in a bucket of ....
I'd prefer to mix with the WT supporters on the hill then with a toff like you.
I don't care if you never set foot into our beloved home ground again.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 244 times
Been liked: 192 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:47 am

Most people know the problems LO has.

I usually eat somewhere else prior or after.... Take our own snacks if need be.

There's never been door to door parking so don't expect there to be...

Have a dump before you leave home or at the pub before u get there.... If you need aesthetic surroundings whilst urinating you probably need a counsellor.
Just pee and get out... Your focus should only be on one thing.

There's plenty of spots with unrestricted viewing... If you choose the hill you should know the hill side corners are obscured.

Its not perfect but I'd miss it (& CSS) if it were gone
Last edited by innsaneink on Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by quintus » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:48 am

Go and play with your tiddlywinks.... :sign:

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 10:52 am

Nigel Waspey - you are a wanker - infact I give you the OOTW award for 2017.

By the way that is the "Order Of The Wanker"

Tigers were there first - you Johnny come lately's wouldn't know a good suburb if you fell over it. My God how you have ruined one of the best suburbs in Sydney. When I was growing up (born in Balmain) in Balmain and people like you used to say where are you from - the answer would be Balmain and wankers like you would say "Oh! the slums eh!"

Now Idiots like you, after ruining Potts Point (as if it was any good at any time - maybe when Arthur Philip was here), are paying 1.5 to 2 to 5 million to live in our little one and two bedroom miners cottages. How you have been sucked in. Now all you get by walking down Darling Street is the Chardonnay set, sipping away, with their noses so high in the air that they get rust on them from the underside of the awnings. Years ago if you were in trouble residents would come from everywhere to help you, say G'day as you walked by and would be genuinely glad to see you. Now you could be lying half dead in the gutter and no one would even give you a second look. Says something about you Wankers I think.

You may think Balmain is more like Melbourne (heaven forbid) and has a touch of Europe. Obviously you have never been there - it is nothing like Europe and never will be.

Yes, Nigel you go and watch your AFL and soccer games - doubt you would go across the road to do anything except to get a Latte'. One day you will wake up and enjoy people for who they are and not where they come from.

Here's the sting Nigel "Waspey" - Polynesians would buy and sell you lot - put that in your Pinot and tip it over your head.

Leichhardt Oval Forever!

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 11:00 am

You can always "take me out of Balmain...but you cant take the Balmain out of me"...

these sort of people should take their heads out of their arses and realise that the Balmain Tigers were a foundation club and over many,many years has provided great history for our children and grandchildren to embrace and be proud of...I'm a working class man Nigel and I don't think you could cope within my company because you and your wife seem to think you are better than most...go look in the mirror you snob and remember we all leave some kind of legacy behind,if I were you I wouldn't be proud of what you will leave behind,especially with your attitudes... :o
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 11:22 am

Hahahaha

kiwitiger
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by kiwitiger » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 11:23 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:

PMSL. I presume this is from a satire site?

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 11:29 am

Yeah I first read it about a year ago... Probably Betoota

Born tiger
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Born tiger » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 11:30 am

Boonboon2 wrote:

They are all the things I love about Leichardt :sign:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 11:58 am

kiwitiger wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 11:23 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:

PMSL. I presume this is from a satire site?
Yes

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 12:39 pm

Doesn't matter where it is from - it is absolute rubbish - written by a dope.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 1:10 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 12:39 pm

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 1:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 1:10 pm
Russell wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 12:39 pm
I don't care Ink - no one bags Balmain and Leichhardt without getting a response from me. I am just as passionate about Balmain and Leichhardt Oval as Kev is about Fiji.

It maybe a joke to some - I don't see the funny side of it.

Return to “Wests Tigers”