ANZ Stadium

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 75 times

ANZ Stadium

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 5:14 pm

I heard that at the end of the 2018 season, ANZ Stadium will be getting upgrades.

If we still have a contract with ANZ, then while the upgrades are happening, where do we play?

Would we play 6 Leichhardt, 6 Campbelltown or would we play next door at Spotless?


tiga4eva
Member
Member
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 8:09 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 5:18 pm

Hope not, you're a million miles away from the action. It's not a custom made League or Soccer ground

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9136
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 5:26 pm

Spotless? Nope. Lucky they've got the biggest tv screens in the world - you need them.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25159
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 5:30 pm

I think Pascoe's plan by then will be to take 12 home games away...to expand the brand..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25340
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 6:19 pm

Parra should be finished by then... Maybe


gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4065
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 7:30 pm

Yeah. Parra due to open for 2019 season.

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 8:12 pm

You’d imagine we’d take games to Parra for the 3 years

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1685
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 8:38 pm

ANZ said that during the Stadium upgrade it will still be used, as they are upgrading one side at a time.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: West Pennant Hills
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by steve-o » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 10:23 pm

Sadly the sports minister is being lobbied by the powerful SCG trust to prioritize an upgrade (or demolition and rebuild) of Allianz before any upgrade to ANZ. That'll be a criminal decision if so, but the longer we wait for an announcement, the more likely it becomes that the ANZ upgrade gets delayed.
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3279
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 10:00 am

steve-o wrote:
Sun 22 Oct, 2017 10:23 pm
Sadly the sports minister is being lobbied by the powerful SCG trust to prioritize an upgrade (or demolition and rebuild) of Allianz before any upgrade to ANZ. That'll be a criminal decision if so, but the longer we wait for an announcement, the more likely it becomes that the ANZ upgrade gets delayed.
On the bright side if they do Allianz first - then that means Sydney FC moves to Leichhardt and that will cause an upgrade to Leichhardt Oval. That is needed more than ANZ imo. Lol

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 10:11 am

I think in the end they're both going to happen more or less at the same time. Allianz will 'apparently' have it's license for being a public venue rejected in 2019 due to the safety issues, so that kind of necessitates an expedited rebuild. ANZ needs to get rebuilt or else the state government could lose hundreds of millions of dollars from broken commercial agreements. Don't see how either of these won't happen in the near future.

The SCG, Parra, maybe Spotless and other suburban grounds to be used in the meantime.

User avatar
Juro
Member
Member
Posts: 2588
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Juro » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:53 am

I'd love to see us take some games to the new Parra stadium. I wonder what a modern purpose-built stadium would be like to watch games from.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2590
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 4:22 pm

Juro wrote:
Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:53 am
I'd love to see us take some games to the new Parra stadium. I wonder what a modern purpose-built stadium would be like to watch games from.
If you have to travel an hour and a half each way to get there under the new train timetable, probably not as good as the couch with Foxtel

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2912
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 9:40 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 10:00 am
steve-o wrote:
Sun 22 Oct, 2017 10:23 pm
Sadly the sports minister is being lobbied by the powerful SCG trust to prioritize an upgrade (or demolition and rebuild) of Allianz before any upgrade to ANZ. That'll be a criminal decision if so, but the longer we wait for an announcement, the more likely it becomes that the ANZ upgrade gets delayed.
On the bright side if they do Allianz first - then that means Sydney FC moves to Leichhardt and that will cause an upgrade to Leichhardt Oval. That is needed more than ANZ imo. Lol
Leichhardt is perfect doesn't need an upgrade.
Having said that if a few mill did become available, what would you do?
P.s. You can't touch the hill or scoreboard.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18810
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 9:55 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 28 Oct, 2017 9:40 am
Russell wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 10:00 am
steve-o wrote:
Sun 22 Oct, 2017 10:23 pm
Sadly the sports minister is being lobbied by the powerful SCG trust to prioritize an upgrade (or demolition and rebuild) of Allianz before any upgrade to ANZ. That'll be a criminal decision if so, but the longer we wait for an announcement, the more likely it becomes that the ANZ upgrade gets delayed.
On the bright side if they do Allianz first - then that means Sydney FC moves to Leichhardt and that will cause an upgrade to Leichhardt Oval. That is needed more than ANZ imo. Lol
Leichhardt is perfect doesn't need an upgrade.
Having said that if a few mill did become available, what would you do?
P.s. You can't touch the hill or scoreboard.
Upgrading Leichhardt would be like putting a band aid on a bullet wound. The only upgrade that would ever make a lick of difference is if you demolished the place and rebuilt it.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2912
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 2:13 pm

love the Street Snags on the way in. I love beer in can. I love standing on a hill close to the action yelling at the players and ref. LO ticks all these boxes.

Plus it’s the ground I don’t have any problem getting my non Tigers mates to go to. If a suggest meeting mate or two at a Balmain/Rozelle Pub then walking to LO they are always in.
If I suggest ANZ I have zero chance of getting them to go.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1650
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 9:02 pm

Lots I love about Leichardt too but here is what I don't

- The toilets are horrible and out of date
- The food is cold and junk - Leichardt is a suburb filled with amazing food options and then the ground has cold sausage rolls, greasy chips and stale hot dogs
- I watch the game except for the parts of the field I can't see - and thats annoying to miss tries because of the ground design
- Hills are great in the sun- they are rubbish in the wet
- I like basic canned Beer but my wife wants a nice glass of wine or a cider and mates who would prefer craft beer that the area is famous for over VB or Carlton which r the only choices
- The frist half of a 4pm game is spent staring into the Sun on a sunny day - damm annoying

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2912
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 10:17 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sat 28 Oct, 2017 9:02 pm
Lots I love about Leichardt too but here is what I don't

- The toilets are horrible and out of date
- The food is cold and junk - Leichardt is a suburb filled with amazing food options and then the ground has cold sausage rolls, greasy chips and stale hot dogs
- I watch the game except for the parts of the field I can't see - and thats annoying to miss tries because of the ground design
- Hills are great in the sun- they are rubbish in the wet
- I like basic canned Beer but my wife wants a nice glass of wine or a cider and mates who would prefer craft beer that the area is famous for over VB or Carlton which r the only choices
- The frist half of a 4pm game is spent staring into the Sun on a sunny day - damm annoying
Did you write this article?
http://www.betootaadvocate.com/sports/b ... ardt-oval/
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Post Reply

Return to “Wests Tigers”