Moses Suli

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
supercoach

Re: Moses Suli

Post by supercoach » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 3:28 pm

People complain about the money we were paying him, but we were paying him what the market at the time forced us to pay. There was plenty of interest in the kid and like every player we have signed in the past few years we had to pay overs, it comes with the turf or being near the bottom of the pile.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 3:36 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 12:13 pm
Gee it's easy to be a journalist in the modern day

The club doesn't come out and defend itself and they are keeping secrets

The club does come out and your sticking the boot in

Pascoe when questioned next time should come out and tell the other journos to just ask Buzz Rothfield , he is the Father , Son and Holy Ghost of the National Rugby League in his own eyes

And yet his eyes are closed when its fair Up,Up Cronulla

And anyway , the ball is now in Suli's court to show the WT's they were wrong and should of persevered or were right and he is all the club said and more
Except Rothfield is not a journalist. He has admitted that he has no journalistic qualifications.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 3:38 pm

Well if you go back to page 18 i said "Mark my words, this kid is a dud"
Way before i knew anything about his issues, just my observation from the games i closely watched him in.

At least now he's not our problem, the Dogs have got themselves a dud.
He won't see out his contract at the Dogs either, he'll go to Rugby somewhere.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 5:51 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 3:38 pm
Way before i knew anything about his issues, just my observation from the games i closely watched him in.

Yes you did! What made you think this when just about everyone else was seeing great value in him? Just curious.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 6:31 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 5:51 pm
TIGER wrote:

Yes you did! What made you think this when just about everyone else was seeing great value in him? Just curious.
Just watched what he did when he didn't have the ball, also watched his athleticism with the ball and general movement and technique when defending.
As a 19yr old i expected more zip and quickly realised he hasn't got it, so the next thought for someone who is still growing is backrow and he just doesn't seem the type to be able to handle that work load.
IMO he's a MCK type, maybe a tad better but that type if you understand what i mean.

My other big call was Brooks, i never saw his debut like most did, so i never had that positive bias about him from the beginning.
I live in Qld so i miss all the Sydney paper hype, i just judge them as i see them play and it's no secret i think Brooks is overall ordinary.
This is his make or break season, don't believe these articles about him not feeling the pressure, he'll be feeling it alright especially now that we've freed up some cash.

We won't do anything as long as Brooks is at 7.

Lidcombe Magpie

Post by Lidcombe Magpie » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 7:03 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 3:03 pm
He is an idiot. He bags wests for the so called outing of Suli and right next to this crap, he bags Meninga for not outing the players involved in the fight in the Aussie camp.
100% agree Col, He is an absolute clown

The club appears to have done all the correct due diligence with Suli re his injury, attitude and letting him go.
Screw what Buzz says I'm glad I know what happened and why the club let him go. Open transparency is a rarity in sport these days and I'm glad, as a supporter, that Wests are telling as it was.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:02 pm

You’ve been quite vocal about Brooks from the beginning. But the assessment you gave for Suli was more in depth. I’m curious what attributes do you think he doesn’t have and break it down into mind, physical ability or emotional categories.
For example
How you see him read the play. Physically, is he built to handle first grade and emotionally does he really want to be a professional footballer or do something else with his life.
Saying we won’t do anything as long as Brooks is a 7 doesn’t cut it for me.

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:36 pm

I think he needs to get his hands on the ball more and provide a link to more players than just his 2nd row runner. I don't watch too many games but it seemed a pretty obvious play .

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:46 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 6:31 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
TIGER wrote:

Just watched what he did when he didn't have the ball, also watched his athleticism with the ball and general movement and technique when defending.
As a 19yr old i expected more zip and quickly realised he hasn't got it, so the next thought for someone who is still growing is backrow and he just doesn't seem the type to be able to handle that work load.
IMO he's a MCK type, maybe a tad better but that type if you understand what i mean.

My other big call was Brooks, i never saw his debut like most did, so i never had that positive bias about him from the beginning.
I live in Qld so i miss all the Sydney paper hype, i just judge them as i see them play and it's no secret i think Brooks is overall ordinary.
This is his make or break season, don't believe these articles about him not feeling the pressure, he'll be feeling it alright especially now that we've freed up some cash.

Brooks biggest concern is injury. His got better cattle this year but injury have set him back quite a bit.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:57 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:46 pm
TIGER wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
TIGER wrote:

Brooks biggest concern is injury. His got better cattle this year but injury have set him back quite a bit.
His short kicking game is atrocious. How many repeat sets did we get last year?

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 9:07 pm

Suli reminded me of a young Izzy Folau, so Iam disappointed we parted company. I think he had real potential. I also think there is a real chance this kid might be like a lot of other kids that promise the world and deliver bigger all.

I don’t know what has transpired, but I think I would have given him one more chance, but maybe it was like a no6 we had who just decided he was not prepared to have a go even though we were paying him half a mill a year

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 9:18 pm

TIGER wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
TIGER wrote:

Yes I understand what you mean. In MCK's case tho it's simply a lack of talent, cause he does have a good attitude. Maybe Suli actually has the talent and it's just his attitude holding him back, who knows. It will be interesting to see how he goes at the Bulldogs.

On Brooks, I'm inclined to agree with you. I find him to be a frustrating player. I think there is talent there, but for whatever reasons, he just hasn't developed in all the time he has played in the top grade. This has to be his last chance to show us he can actually control a game, surely. He has virtually got a whole new team around him, some decent mentors in Benji & Reynolds and hopefully no off field dramas to contend with for the first time in forever! If he can't shine this season then he never will, imo.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 9:54 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
TIGER wrote:

Hamstrings are a big concern for me , specially for halves

In the modern game you need a decent running game to be totally effective

Brooks at the best of times doesn't take the line on at speed .....funnily enough your step ,swerve become more effective the quicker you are moving and creates room for your outside men as teams fear forcing a quality running half to run ......Lockyer and Fittler were great examples , rushing up on them on the 5th forced them to run ...which is their strength

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 10:01 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 9:50 pm
My comments:

Brooks sucks

Suli is no loss

Rothfield is the biggest knob on the planet
Thank you Mr President! :lol:

OzLukeH

Post by OzLukeH » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 3:05 pm

TIGER wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
TIGER wrote:

I said the same thing as well Tiger and was promptly told otherwise....there was just something about this kid that reminded me of Tony Williams....now we all know that he has the skill but not the heart.....

But onwards and upwards....kid is not our problem

willow

Post by willow » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 8:30 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 9:50 pm
My comments:

Brooks sucks

Suli is no loss

Rothfield is the biggest knob on the planet
I was hoping for an update on the border wall but anyhoo...

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Seantice wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:57 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
TIGER wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

Yeah cause his always coming back from injury. He will take a few games to get his game back then injure himself again. He needs consistant games.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 10:18 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 05 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm
Seantice wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:57 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
TIGER wrote:

Yeah cause his always coming back from injury. He will take a few games to get his game back then injure himself again. He needs consistant games.
You can't be serious?