GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 07 Feb, 2018 11:04 am
willow wrote:
Wed 07 Feb, 2018 7:20 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 07 Feb, 2018 4:56 am
851 wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 4:44 pm
Cleary also spoke about the challenge ahead for Luke Brooks with Josh Reynolds and Benji Marshall looking over his shoulder, while admitting Tui Lolohea is no guarantee of owning the No 1 jumper.
Holy crap batman, there is one forum poster who might just have a melt down with that comment Ivan.
Tui is a shoe in. What we have here is an obvious ploy of a coach keeping a player on his toes. In reality, if he doesn't play fullback, who will?
Naiqama...
Handy back up, but I don’t think Tui has done anything that warrants being usurped by Kev.
Not at the moment no. But depth is handy and the more competition for spots the better. I think Kev is a better fullback than centre.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 5:35 pm

I just saw the Bulldogs SuperCoach review and it looks like Suli is not even in the Dogs top 21.

I assume that he was pushed somewhat and the Bulldogs took him in. I also presume that we didn't take a hit for whatever was left on his contract?

willow

Post by willow » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 7:51 pm

Twodogs wrote:
Wed 07 Feb, 2018 5:35 pm
I just saw the Bulldogs SuperCoach review and it looks like Suli is not even in the Dogs top 21.

I assume that he was pushed somewhat and the Bulldogs took him in. I also presume that we didn't take a hit for whatever was left on his contract?
The Tigers stopped paying him as soon as his release was officially granted and signed off on. The Bulldogs have picked up for 3 years on 1.3 mil, so they're not afraid to throw the dollars at him. Whether he's worth it or not is another question.

trafford10

Post by trafford10 » Thu 08 Feb, 2018 2:16 pm

Needaname wrote:
Wed 31 Jan, 2018 7:23 pm
So it’s got me thinking.
It was a 1.3 million dollar contract originally commencing from this year.
Since it was signed, Simona was sacked and Suli got the call up.

Mixed reports about the deal to the dogs.

Fox sports says new contract from this year for 1.3 a year same as what we had him on contract for.

DT or rothfield has quoted dogs have nabbed him for half the amount we were paying him.

Could we have potentially agreed to front load a fair bit of his contract last year which would have given us the cap space to sign the big 4 previously or all our new recruits.

This seems to be a possibility and could explain the fact he left released from his contract but there has been no talk about having to honour any remainder of his contract.
We may have bloody paid most it....
Apparently Dogs contract is $210k per season. Growth in line with cap. Upgrade possible assessed in line performance after 1st season.

Exact same deal they signed Jack Cogger from Newcastle.

Given Dogs will have J.Morris & Hopoate in the centres he will be cover at this stage.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:45 am

If 210k per season is true I find it very hard to believe Suli would be keen to halve his wage just to get away from our club. The Dogs immediate future on the field looks bleaker than ours.
Strange if true.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:21 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:45 am
If 210k per season is true I find it very hard to believe Suli would be keen to halve his wage just to get away from our club. The Dogs immediate future on the field looks bleaker than ours.
Strange if true.
I've heard 1.3 mil over 3 years, pretty much the same coin he was on at the Tigers.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 12:14 pm

willow wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:21 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:45 am
Strange if true.
I've heard 1.3 mil over 3 years, pretty much the same coin he was on at the Tigers.
Yep, don't know where 210 came from, unless that what they've got left to pay for this season. Contracts start in November so he'd have been a third of the way through his contract year

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 12:47 pm

I've heard he's not really impressing his new bosses with his commitment and work ethic...

Dan Blanco

Post by Dan Blanco » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 3:48 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 12:47 pm
I've heard he's not really impressing his new bosses with his commitment and work ethic...
I hope he comes out of his shell soon, he's a good kid. A lot of people on here have stuck the boot in already & want to see him fail - at the tender age of 19.

Growing up Polynesian in south west Sydney, and losing your father at a formative age isn't easy. While he needs to drop some of the losers that hang around him and stay out of the bars, he deserves a bit more compassion from some of our members.

I always found him to be a gentle, kind young man. I wish him nothing but love, strength and success in the future.

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 4:05 pm

Dan Blanco wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 3:48 pm
Yossarian wrote:
I hope he comes out of his shell soon, he's a good kid. A lot of people on here have stuck the boot in already & want to see him fail - at the tender age of 19.

Growing up Polynesian in south west Sydney, and losing your father at a formative age isn't easy. While he needs to drop some of the losers that hang around him and stay out of the bars, he deserves a bit more compassion from some of our members.

I always found him to be a gentle, kind young man. I wish him nothing but love, strength and success in the future.
Hear what your'e saying but a lot of people on here had very high hopes for him, thought he was a star in the making for the Tigers, so probably feel a little let down.
We have all suffered in our lives at certain times, so I am sure this young fellow is not alone there.
The money he was going to earn with the Tigers (or he is going to earn elsewhere) some of us can only dream of, so I reckon he'll have to toughen up real quick if he is going to full-fill his dreams and reach his potential..Good luck to him

willow

Post by willow » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 4:21 pm

Dan Blanco wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

I don't think it's a case of people wanting to see him fail. Some people think the Tigers were overpaying him, investing in future potential ala Sironen, Brooks, Moses, Tedesco et al but when the young bloke seemingly ignores all attempts from the Tigers to get him back on the right path with his training and rehab, to the point where it seemingly didn't matter to him, then fans are going to be disappointed with his attitude.

If he's not showing any improvement at the Dogs then maybe he needs to take a good hard look at himself because a 19 year old kid earning 400+k per year really shouldn't have a lot to complain about.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 5:08 pm

Dan Blanco wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

It would help if he turned up on time.

Post by 851 » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 5:49 pm

Yossarian wrote:
No surprise Yoss, Cleary wouldn't have let him go if he thought he was genuine, good move in my opinion, let the dogs worry about it.
Go hard or go home

Dan Blanco

Post by Dan Blanco » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:06 pm

He's not spending 400k @ the Gucci store and on LV satchels. He's taken good care of his (extended) family and his mother. The fact that he hasn't woken up for training and has disciplinary issues has nothing to do with his salary. He's 19 years of age - knock it off.
Last edited by Dan Blanco on Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:07 pm

Dan Blanco wrote:

Nothing personal. I want to see everyone fail that leaves our club voluntarily.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Dan Blanco

Post by Dan Blanco » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:10 pm

Masterton wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:07 pm
Dan Blanco wrote:

Nothing personal. I want to see everyone fail that leaves our club voluntarily.
I don't know man... ;)

Silentio

Post by Silentio » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:34 pm

I hope Moses has a long and successful career.

But we really dodged a bullet.

A mega deal for a mega inexperienced youngster was always mega risky.

Oh and mega dumb for whoever signed off on it.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:16 pm

Silentio wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:34 pm
I hope Moses has a long and successful career.

But we really dodged a bullet.

A mega deal for a mega inexperienced youngster was always mega risky.

Oh and mega dumb for whoever signed off on it.
If we didn't offer that amount he would have gone to another clubs there were multiple clubs chasing him.
It's called market pricing.