Moses Suli

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
hammertime

Re: Moses Suli

Post by hammertime » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:17 pm

Silentio wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:34 pm
I hope Moses has a long and successful career.

But we really dodged a bullet.

A mega deal for a mega inexperienced youngster was always mega risky.

Oh and mega dumb for whoever signed off on it.
I wouldn't call it dumb if there was sufficient get out clauses to terminate the contract at no cost - which seems to be the case.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:39 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:16 pm
Silentio wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:34 pm
I hope Moses has a long and successful career.

But we really dodged a bullet.

A mega deal for a mega inexperienced youngster was always mega risky.

Oh and mega dumb for whoever signed off on it.
If we didn't offer that amount he would have gone to another clubs there were multiple clubs chasing him.
It's called market pricing.
It's market pricing if you're at an open auction but this is more like a silent auction where you're exposed to the risk of the agent (here the player manager) lying about rival bids to gouge a higher price.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 9:13 pm

It wasn't a dumb signing - he's a very talented player. And he probably seemed keener and more driven than he does now. He's regressed in attitude it seems and we're out now so I don't see the problem.

trafford10

Post by trafford10 » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 1:21 pm

willow wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:21 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:45 am
If 210k per season is true I find it very hard to believe Suli would be keen to halve his wage just to get away from our club. The Dogs immediate future on the field looks bleaker than ours.
Strange if true.
I've heard 1.3 mil over 3 years, pretty much the same coin he was on at the Tigers.
Sorry no where near it.
$210k per season with upside based on performance.
$210k is a lot more than zero $ which was a possibility the way he was going.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 10:08 pm

Unfortunately with a lot of the Polynesian players, their main motivation in becoming professional sportsman is to repay & provide for their family. Once they sign a big juicy contract, they have achieved that goal, and very few of them then have further motivation to be the best player in their position, team etc.

Hopefully this is a wake up call for Suli in that no one is going to pay him money to be a lazy fat so and so, and he needs to pull his finger out and put effort on top of his batural ability. Unfortunately, he will not do it at this club, if he does

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 11:48 pm

Tacky wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 10:01 pm
I don't trust any man that carries a handbag and hangs out with Manly players. Guess I should have seen this coming.

I’m happy he’s gone for this tweet alone. What a try hard.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 12:53 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 11:48 pm
He's standing there with some other players he obviously knows, not sure why you're so offended.

But anyway he's gone, wonder how many more pages this thread will have before the season starts? :deadhorse:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 1:04 am

Winnipeg wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 12:53 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
He's standing there with some other players he obviously knows, not sure why you're so offended.

But anyway he's gone, wonder how many more pages this thread will have before the season starts? :deadhorse:
Maybe it’s got something to do with dropping the N word like a gangsta wannabe.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:41 am

I don't think he is alone. I was looking at Izaac Thompson's (highly rated saints lower grader who has been released) social media pages to try and see if he had signed with anyone.

Very similar, full of gangsta crap. You would think that with the training and development they get as young professional athletes, they would be more professional, or limit the people able to view their profiles.

lclarke

Post by lclarke » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 1:56 pm

I’m sure if you look at many of the young poly boys profiles/sites, you will find a large number of them are bad arse, n____, gangsta wannabes.
I’m sure Suli isn’t the only one without any common sense or professionalism.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 2:02 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:41 am
I don't think he is alone. I was looking at Izaac Thompson's (highly rated saints lower grader who has been released) social media pages to try and see if he had signed with anyone.

Very similar, full of gangsta crap. You would think that with the training and development they get as young professional athletes, they would be more professional, or limit the people able to view their profiles.
The Dragons have young Sailor as well as a few other promising young backs. I think the youngest Morris brother is one to watch as well. Thompson's release is a shock.

Munk

Post by Munk » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:29 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 1:04 am
Winnipeg wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Yes as well as the absolute atrocities he performed upon the English language. He seems to have only a double digit IQ. Poor fellow had best be visiting Jenny Craig, as without football, labouring is his best chance at securing work.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:21 pm

Munk wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:29 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Feb, 2018 1:04 am
Winnipeg wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Yes as well as the absolute atrocities he performed upon the English language. He seems to have only a double digit IQ. Poor fellow had best be visiting Jenny Craig, as without football, labouring is his best chance at securing work.
No he has had stress fractures of the back. Given his history of injury problems he might need someone to sign off on him being eligible for the disability support pension

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 7:25 pm

Bulldogs problem now.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:45 am

Dan Blanco wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:06 pm
He's not spending 400k @ the Gucci store and on LV satchels. He's taken good care of his (extended) family and his mother. The fact that he hasn't woken up for training and has disciplinary issues has nothing to do with his salary. He's 19 years of age - knock it off.
I'd say his bloated salary has a hell of a lot to do with his lazy attitude. He would wise up quick-smart if he was on minimum wage with the distinct possibility of finding himself unemployed. Excuses are great though don't get me wrong.
So what exactly is the reason for his indifferent attitude if it isn't because of his exorbitant contract?
Big deal that he is 19 years of age, that's no excuse, there are plenty of blokes his age busting their guts in the NRL and everyday life without falling back on their age as a cop-out that is for sure. Eisenhuth is a great example of a young fella with commitment instead of poor attitude.

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:55 am

I heard a few whispers saying he was sent home from Bulldogs training the other day because he turned up late to training.. I guess a dog really can't change it's spots

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 11:23 am

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:55 am
I heard a few whispers saying he was sent home from Bulldogs training the other day because he turned up late to training.. I guess a dog really can't change it's spots
Yes I heard the same thing.

charlii72

Post by charlii72 » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 1:09 pm

From NRL.com:

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs coach Dean Pay hasn’t wasted any time enforcing the new standards expected at the club, recently sending home new recruit Moses Suli after a string of disciplinary breaches during the past fortnight.

NRL.com can reveal the new Bulldogs recruit has received two warnings after being late for multiple training sessions and failing to finish several others as he struggles to adapt to life at his new club.

Pay has shown that shortcuts won’t be tolerated under his regime at the Bulldogs, telling Suli to leave training to reassess his commitment to his career.

It comes after the coach recently dropped fellow recruit Fa’amanu Brown to the reserve grade training squad, drawing a line in the sand in relation to standards and culture expectations at the club.

The Bulldogs are well aware of Suli’s chequered history after he was let go by the Wests Tigers.

The Tigers grew frustrated with Moses’s lack of application and desire to capitalise on his enormous potential, releasing him to join the Bulldogs on a three-year deal.

The writing was on the wall at the Tigers after his attitude towards his rehabilitation from an ankle injury began wavering at the end of last season.

Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary had several conversations with Suli to try and get him focused and committed to the club, but it wasn’t forthcoming.

It was hoped a change of scenery would be the catalyst for an improved attitude, however Pay has already had to intervene just two weeks after the 19-year-old’s arrival at Belmore.

He didn’t travel with the team to the Sunshine Coast for this Saturday’s trial against the Canberra Raiders.

Bulldogs officials haven’t given up hope and will persevere with the talented teenager for now, but they’ve made it quite clear what he needs to do if he wants to be part of what the club is building towards in the post Des Hasler era.