NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
TigerTiger

Re: Moses Suli

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 8:58 pm

Swordy wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm
turnstyle wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 7:01 pm
so many posters talk about people like suli 'needing to learn a lesson', 'make him lay bricks for a year...'.
a lot of people have absolutely zero understanding of what are obviously some serious mental health issues. this seems to me to be something that is being dilated because it seems every second person has 'mental health issues'. it is like so many other real problems that are dissipated by pretenders looking to take advantage. thats a real shame.

no he doesnt deserve to be given 100 chances - he has likely had enough now already - but he definitely seems to need psychological help.

it is not the nrl's responsibility just because he has played nrl. it is up to people around him who actually have his best interests at heart to look out for him.

i would suggest people take a step back and think about why someone in his position would self destruct how he looks to be; surely this is not the path of someone of a completely sound mindset.
Being lazy with a bad attitude does not equal mental health issues.
It's really poor that the clubs are allowed to just snap them up straight after a previous one lets them go. When Sea Eagles turf him, you can bet Sharks or Roosters (even Broncos) will have a go on the quiet. He needs some good mentoring, some time away, to develop some actual commitment, not to be pandered as such a great player and have his ego fed by these big money deals.

Once a club turfs a player, (in particular circumstances,) there should be a restriction on going to other clubs within a set time frame. With some sort of monetary allowance to the club they originally came from. exactly how that would work I'm not sure, but in my eyes if they could get it right (so clubs didn't take advantage of it) that would be the best path for players like Suli.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 9:51 am

He supposedly went to Manly because he has a few mates there. The story was his mates were going to drive him to training - guess it was all his mates fault.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 9:56 am

the bloke must be a real tool, wish i had what he is trowing away.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 9:58 am

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 9:51 am
He supposedly went to Manly because he has a few mates there. The story was his mates were going to drive him to training - guess it was all his mates fault.
How dare they let poor Suli down. Maybe Manly could buy some better mates for him?
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

on the hill

Post by on the hill » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 10:08 am

Maybe he’s just an ardent believer in getting 8 hours of sleep, training be damned.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 10:08 am

He has actually looked good on the field the past 2 weeks.

Kid is going to really regret it if he doesn't sort it out

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 10:23 am

Does anyone really know if his mental health isn't a real issue here, remember he found his father dead in the garage when he was just 16.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 11:25 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 10:23 am
Does anyone really know if his mental health isn't a real issue here, remember he found his father dead in the garage when he was just 16.
It's not as simple as just stating it's a mental health issue. The kid clearly struggles with everyday life. It's a behavioural issue that isn't helped by giving him more and more opportunities. He needs to learn that there are consequences to his actions.

Finding his dad like that is horrific. I feel sorry for him. The only person though who can help the guy is himself. It comes down to what he wants to do.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 11:29 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 10:23 am
If he can play football every week he can get out of bed.

:bawling :bawling

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 11:34 am

gees the way people go on about mental health is really annoying, because is it only these highly paid sports people who get it, every day people have to deal with going to work though 2-3 hours of traffic each way for a hell of a lot less money. maybe he is just a slack lazy so and so. give the PC avenue a rest for god sake.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 1:06 pm

Hes just a lazy slob..
Be honest.

Wants to be a street guy but is a momas boy.
Will end up in prison posing like hes tough.

Cant stand the baby faced wanna be eshay.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 1:13 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 1:06 pm
Hes just a lazy slob..
Be honest.

Wants to be a street guy but is a momas boy.
Will end up in prison posing like hes tough.

Cant stand the baby faced wanna be eshay.
This is the way I see it also.

Will get jail time after robbing an elderly lady in her home.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Bula

Post by Bula » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 4:45 pm

In every field there are very talented people that are just basically unemployable because they can't follow simple rules like turning up on time. No one's fault but their own

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 5:15 pm

We've all got our crosses to bear, doesn't mean you get a free pass in life.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...