Moses Suli

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
happy tiger

Re: Moses Suli

Post by happy tiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:06 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 1:25 pm
Application and dedication are 2 of the 3 most important things in a footballer it is no use having skill if you lack the other parts
So very true Jadtiger

I know seeing so many talented footballers from my era that were vastly more talented than the guys that actually made it

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:13 pm

Reminds me of Marion Seve...quite a few has a big wrap on him...then you think of a guy like Nathan 'Renouf' Malone not a poopteenth of the talent but worked hard as anyone...

Moses Suli falls in the Seve category I think...tremendous raw talent but meh...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:13 pm

The kid clearly has no clue, well done to the club in moving this fool on.

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:15 pm

tigerap wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 2:02 pm
Earl wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 1:37 pm
I hope Suli fails. That is the best way for him to learn a lesson. Go and get a job paying 50k per year.
Doubt he has any skills fitting a job that pays that much.

Boy did we dodge a bullet there....Uum come on Woodsy take him under your wing and weave the harmonious culture magic you displayed at the WT
I love this. Go Woodsy.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:31 pm

Earl wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:15 pm
tigerap wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 2:02 pm
Earl wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 1:37 pm
I hope Suli fails. That is the best way for him to learn a lesson. Go and get a job paying 50k per year.
Doubt he has any skills fitting a job that pays that much.

Boy did we dodge a bullet there....Uum come on Woodsy take him under your wing and weave the harmonious culture magic you displayed at the WT
I love this. Go Woodsy.
I reckon Woodsy could teach Suli how to kill it at Macca's!

willow

Post by willow » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:35 pm

Hmm, you'd like to think as a new employee so to speak that you would be looking to set a good example for the new boss, but in Suli's case you have to wonder what's going through the bloke's head to behave this way.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:41 pm

...and deathly silence from Rothfield and other so-called journalists about this. Very quick to lay the boot into the WT’s on releasing Suli - what about now when it’s an even bigger story.

Tigers crazy for letting new, young superstar go, Bulldogs brilliant at gaining such a raw talent.

Hello? I know some of you “journalists” are on here reading this stuff.

Hello?
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:55 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:41 pm
...and deathly silence from Rothfield and other so-called journalists about this. Very quick to lay the boot into the WT’s on releasing Suli - what about now when it’s an even bigger story.

Tigers crazy for letting new, young superstar go, Bulldogs brilliant at gaining such a raw talent.

Hello?
Rothfield did comment on Twitter. In reply to a comment along the lines of it looks like the Tigers got it right, he replied something along the lines of there's always a first time. It's not in quotes because I couldn't be bothered to re-read it to get it correct but it's close enough. Most of us know that Rothfield is not a credible commentator and his previous dalliance with Eddie Hayson is enough to have serious doubts about his integrity.

OutbackJack

Post by OutbackJack » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:01 pm

coivtny wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:55 pm
cqtiger wrote:

Hello?
Rothfield did comment on Twitter. In reply to a comment along the lines of it looks like the Tigers got it right, he replied something along the lines of there's always a first time. It's not in quotes because I couldn't be bothered to re-read it to get it correct but it's close enough. Most of us know that Rothfield is not a credible commentator and his previous dalliance with Eddie Hayson is enough to have serious doubts about his integrity.
You did well there ... you managed to get Rothfield and integrity into the one sentence!!! That doesn't happen often. Give that man a new!!!!

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:02 pm

cqtiger wrote:

Hello?
This is great. They look even stupider than what they usually look like.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:06 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 1:25 pm
Application and dedication are 2 of the 3 most important things in a footballer it is no use having skill if you lack the other parts
So very true Jadtiger

I know seeing so many talented footballers from my era that were vastly more talented than the guys that actually made it
It can be seen right from u7s. A lot of kids kids with more natural talent, speed, And/ or size, streak ahead of the others, and are anointed as the next best thing.
It stays like that for awhile and many start to believe what been said about them. And think they just have to turn up and be the star.

Meanwhile those kids that have had to work harder to stay in those teams often start to reel in the “Stars”, and leapfrog them as far as skills are concerned.
Those who found it easy as a 7 yr old, start to fall away as the kids who’ve had to push themselves , keep working on skills and training.
The early flashes sometimes don’t have the attitude or Determination To
Fight off the challenge from the kids that did the work.

That doesn’t happen all the time, but it happens often

I don’t know who was responsible for signing this kid to big money
As Suli was, but I would have thought we’d have learnt from our own history of throwing big money at kids.
This is not being smart in hindsite, I had the same feelings about it when Iwe signed him.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:04 pm

coivtny wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:55 pm
cqtiger wrote:

Hello?

Everyone is giving it to him in the replies
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:10 pm

willow wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:35 pm
Hmm, you'd like to think as a new employee so to speak that you would be looking to set a good example for the new boss, but in Suli's case you have to wonder what's going through the bloke's head to behave this way.
Exactly what I thought. I could have more understanding if over the course of a season or more old habit crept back in, old failures or old demons, but disciplinary action within the first two weeks after having been released on disciplinary reasons... just terrible.

I mean this kid might have a little bit of money right now after a decent first season's earnings, but the whole thing could be over in a few months, and he reverts to being a Joe Nobody. There are players who would kill for this kind of opportunity.

And if you are a flog off the field, almost certainly you are also a flog on the field.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:38 pm

Hahahaha yes already winning and season hasn’t even started🍻

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:58 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 5:10 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:35 pm
Exactly what I thought. I could have more understanding if over the course of a season or more old habit crept back in, old failures or old demons, but disciplinary action within the first two weeks after having been released on disciplinary reasons... just terrible.

I mean this kid might have a little bit of money right now after a decent first season's earnings, but the whole thing could be over in a few months, and he reverts to being a Joe Nobody. There are players who would kill for this kind of opportunity.

And if you are a flog off the field, almost certainly you are also a flog on the field.
I think its the age group to a certain degree , it's been fairly hot up here and to have staff telling you they shouldn't have to sweat at work ......

And here I am literally dripping with sweat in front of them and close to 3 times their age

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Of course you are..Tubby I mean happy...Lay off the Krispy Kremes...
Ivan's Laws

happy tiger wrote:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:16 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:06 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Of course you are..Tubby I mean happy...Lay off the Krispy Kremes...
Medical issue unfortunately , I don't sweat out enough salt so it literally compounds itself , muscle cramps like you wouldn't believe ...when I'm posting at 2.00 and 3.00 am its probably because I've just spent the last 1/2 hour walking a leg cramp out

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:16 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:06 pm
Medical issue unfortunately , I don't sweat out enough salt so it literally compounds itself , muscle cramps like you wouldn't believe ...when I'm posting at 2.00 and 3.00 am its probably because I've just spent the last 1/2 hour walking a leg cramp out
Want some of TT's cement... :( :cry: :cry:
Ivan's Laws

happy tiger wrote: