Re: Moses Suli

Post by happy tiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:23 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:16 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:06 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Of course you are..Tubby I mean happy...Lay off the Krispy Kremes...
Medical issue unfortunately , I don't sweat out enough salt so it literally compounds itself , muscle cramps like you wouldn't believe ...when I'm posting at 2.00 and 3.00 am its probably because I've just spent the last 1/2 hour walking a leg cramp out
Want some of TT's cement... :( :cry: :cry:
No ...all good .....been dealing with it for all my life now ..... it actually got discovered through bed wetting of all things , I have to drink at times 8-10 litres of fluids every day to try and counter all the issues it causes , probably been in hospital at least a dozen times with side effects

The salt build up actually increases my body temp :brick: , its very frustrating at times , lack of sleep being the big one

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:35 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 1:48 pm
TYGA wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 1:44 pm
JT signed this bloke on big money and Cleary released him as soon as he could. We dodged a bigger bullet than Suli last year.
10 clubs were chasing him last year for whatever that is worth. There were never any questions of his commitment till he got the injury. How Taylor gets blamed for that is laughable.
Fair point. I thought JT was laughable as coach tbh but it’s old news now.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:58 pm

willow wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 3:35 pm
Hmm, you'd like to think as a new employee so to speak that you would be looking to set a good example for the new boss, but in Suli's case you have to wonder what's going through the bloke's head to behave this way.

Air.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:59 pm

Hate to say i told you so.

How dumb are the Bulldogs though?
Money to waste it seems.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:15 pm

Tigers got this one right.

Bulldogs appear silly.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:28 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:15 pm

Bulldogs appear silly.
Iam sure the Dogs would have put some special clauses in his contract. Also coming down hard on him early might be the way to go rather than the softly softly approach. Be interesting to see where he is in 12 months time

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:31 pm

I got it wrong about the clubs decision to offload Suli - and happy to admit it.
However the impression I had of him was based on the club media when he was signed - level headed kid with good people around him etc
Either things went very bad quickly after he was signed, or it was a riduclous decision to begin with. There was a story at the time that suggested that some of the senior players in the squad were none to happy about the deal.
Still think he could be anything, but sounds like he is his own worst enemy.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 6:33 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Of course you are..Tubby I mean happy...Lay off the Krispy Kremes...
Medical issue unfortunately , I don't sweat out enough salt so it literally compounds itself , muscle cramps like you wouldn't believe ...when I'm posting at 2.00 and 3.00 am its probably because I've just spent the last 1/2 hour walking a leg cramp out
No ...all good .....been dealing with it for all my life now ..... it actually got discovered through bed wetting of all things , I have to drink at times 8-10 litres of fluids every day to try and counter all the issues it causes , probably been in hospital at least a dozen times with side effects

The salt build up actually increases my body temp :brick: , its very frustrating at times , lack of sleep being the big one
Magnesium Happy, it's great for combating cramps. I use an oil spray that I picked up from Alstonville on my calf muscles regularly- stops em dead in their tracks! FYI it's called Byron Bay Healthy Salt Co Pure Magnesium Oil Spray. I'm sure you can pick it up at any health store.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 10:11 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Magnesium Happy, it's great for combating cramps. I use an oil spray that I picked up from Alstonville on my calf muscles regularly- stops em dead in their tracks! FYI it's called Byron Bay Healthy Salt Co Pure Magnesium Oil Spray. I'm sure you can pick it up at any health store.
Spud..they still use Leaches in Gladstone mate...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 10:24 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 1:28 pm
Earl wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 1:13 pm
I rate Suli's ability highly but I think we've dodged a bullet.
This is where the NRL should appoint mentoring officers to assist players who potentially have a great career ahead of them but are in danger of going off the rails due to poor discipline and work ethic. Hasler, Junior Pearce and Greg Florimo were three players who come to mind who relied upon discipline and a great work ethic to succeed. Suli could do with mentoring from one of these former players.
Coaches are supposed to do exactly that. If he's not going to listen to Ivan Cleary when taken aside one on one, then either Cleary's a hopeless coach or this kid's just not teachable. May not be a lot of purpose bringing in a counsellor to repeat what the coach already told them.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 10:35 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 10:11 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 9:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Spud..they still use Leaches in Gladstone mate...
Leaches = New South Welshmen

Magnesium actually makes them worse Spud for some reason

Diet Lime juice mixed in small amounts with water helps a bit , unfortunately living where we do doesn't help very much , high humidity is probably the biggest problem

That issue might change very shortly , but not for the right reasons :cry:

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 10:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Try Tonic water for cramping. Greatly helps

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 10:57 pm

supercoach wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:28 pm
Eddie wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 8:15 pm

Bulldogs appear silly.
Iam sure the Dogs would have put some special clauses in his contract. Also coming down hard on him early might be the way to go rather than the softly softly approach. Be interesting to see where he is in 12 months time
Country RL

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:28 am

TIGER wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:59 pm
Hate to say i told you so.

How dumb are the Bulldogs though?
Money to waste it seems.
I'm in the same boat as you mate.....I wasn't a fan of his signing one iota. Yes the guy has talent but he was a Taylor signing so we'll say no more.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Post by 2041 » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 10:25 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 7:45 am
Dan Blanco wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:06 pm
He's not spending 400k @ the Gucci store and on LV satchels. He's taken good care of his (extended) family and his mother. The fact that he hasn't woken up for training and has disciplinary issues has nothing to do with his salary. He's 19 years of age - knock it off.
I'd say his bloated salary has a hell of a lot to do with his lazy attitude. He would wise up quick-smart if he was on minimum wage with the distinct possibility of finding himself unemployed. Excuses are great though don't get me wrong.
So what exactly is the reason for his indifferent attitude if it isn't because of his exorbitant contract?
Big deal that he is 19 years of age, that's no excuse, there are plenty of blokes his age busting their guts in the NRL and everyday life without falling back on their age as a cop-out that is for sure. Eisenhuth is a great example of a young fella with commitment instead of poor attitude.
I don't think you can blame the salary. There are plenty of young guys on good NRL contracts who work bloody hard, and plenty of total dumbarses bludging away on next to nothing. Personally I strongly suspect lazy rich people would be lazy poor people under different circumstances.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 10:28 am

The rest of the squad were happy when he signed. You want to play with good players and you don't want to see your club losing their best young players to other clubs. He had had a very strong off season and impressed the squad and coaches enough to come from nowhere to get a first grade spot.

Of course some journeymen on low pay, espeically in the same position, may get miffed that some teenager can come from nowhere and earn 4 times as much as they do despite them being more experienced and proven

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 10:32 am

I didn’t see anyone complaining when he was named ahead of Rankin last year. There’s a million legitimate reasons people have to bag Taylor. You don’t need to make up reasons.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 11:06 am

New article stating bulldogs denying disciplinary action and plan to move Moses Suli closer to Belmore. Currently lives at Fairfield.