Who Improves in 2018

Wests Tigers Discussion
andrew 474
Been liked: 7 times

Who Improves in 2018

Unread post by andrew 474 » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 7:59 am

Who do we think may improve the most and help us to the Finals in 2018 , I think.

Reynolds
Brooks
Packer
Matts
Twal
Tui

Packer to be solid as well as
Nofo
Kev
Houff
Josh A

Suprise of the year
Marshall
Your thoughts
Benj to be a bench weapon

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 93 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 8:51 am

Twal in my opinion will improve the most. Also I think Brooks game will be more complete given he’ll be pared with an experienced half.
Hopefully Suli is fully fit and we see more of him with ball in hand.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 9:18 am

Twal - He looks likely to continue improving & this could sure up our bench somewhat.

Brooks - This will be a vital factor if the Tigers are going to improve as a team in 2018. Cleary needs to ensure he is running the team and tell Reynolds to stay out of it.

Liddle - Another important factor if the Tigers are going to improve. Liddle & Brooks need to strike up a strong combination in 2018.

Felise - The forgotten man. It is important for his career to grow and up to Cleary to set him straight with what is expected. He is a very good domestic who will do whats asked of him. He also needs to be more committed in defence & improve on his concentration levels.

Suli - Moses just needs to keep learning. I'm not expecting him to light up the competition, but I will be very happy if we continue to see improvement. 2019 is the year this kid will be a key factor!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

wt01
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by wt01 » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 10:17 am

I think that we just need the combinations in the spine to gel and the forward pack to lift for a positive and successful 2018

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 93 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 11:16 am

wt01 wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 10:17 am
I think that we just need the combinations in the spine to gel and the forward pack to lift for a positive and successful 2018
There is a lot of uncertainty on how our spine will perform in 2018. On paper it would be one of the weakest in the comp. Lolo hasn't played much fullback of late and the no9 position is a bit of a worry. Yet it's not like there heaps of 9's on fire in the NRL. However I think Grub and Brooks could complement each other in the halves. At least we have a solid forward pack to hopefully give the spine some room to express themselves.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Tacky
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Tacky » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 11:36 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 11:16 am
wt01 wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 10:17 am
There is a lot of uncertainty on how our spine will perform in 2018. On paper it would be one of the weakest in the comp. Lolo hasn't played much fullback of late and the no9 position is a bit of a worry. Yet it's not like there heaps of 9's on fire in the NRL. However I think Grub and Brooks could complement each other in the halves. At least we have a solid forward pack to hopefully give the spine some room to express themselves.
Compare our spine to:

Tigers: Lolohea, Reynolds, Brooks, Liddle
Rabbitohs: Johnston, Walker, Reynolds, Cook
Raiders: Wighton, Austin, Sezer, Hodgson
Warriors: RTS, Hingano, Johnson, Luke
Bulldogs: Hopoate, Foran, Mbye, Lichaa
Dragons: Dufty? Widdop, Hunt, Mcinness
Knights: Ponga, Watson, Hodkinson, Levi

Apart from the Knights our spine is definitely the most inexperienced but, there is a lot of inconsistency in those other teams. If Cleary can keep our guys focused throughout the whole year, I don't see why we can't make the eight.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

happy tiger
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 12:15 pm

I reckon you will see improvements with many of the first year players especially with a full pre season with their coach as well

Marsters , Twal , Eisenhuth ,Liddle ,Suli and maybe Felise

Elderslie Tiger
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Elderslie Tiger » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 1:29 pm

Who will be Captain or Captains

wt00
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by wt00 » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 1:47 pm

Twal and Eisenhuth will make the biggest leap in 2018
The star of the team is the team.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by willow » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 2:02 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 9:18 am
Twal - He looks likely to continue improving & this could sure up our bench somewhat.

Brooks - This will be a vital factor if the Tigers are going to improve as a team in 2018. Cleary needs to ensure he is running the team and tell Reynolds to stay out of it.

Liddle - Another important factor if the Tigers are going to improve. Liddle & Brooks need to strike up a strong combination in 2018.

Felise - The forgotten man. It is important for his career to grow and up to Cleary to set him straight with what is expected. He is a very good domestic who will do whats asked of him. He also needs to be more committed in defence & improve on his concentration levels.

Suli - Moses just needs to keep learning. I'm not expecting him to light up the competition, but I will be very happy if we continue to see improvement. 2019 is the year this kid will be a key factor!
I agree with these choices Watto, plus a few more. Felise looks like he has come back pretty fit into pre-season which is hopefully a good sign, he's got potential to be a regular FG player if he applies himself.

I think we will see Eisenhuth improve further, along with Marsters. Of the new comers, I think the style of football Cleary is looking to play will suit Reynolds and I'm keen to see what Milne and Fonua offer out wide.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 141 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 2:17 pm

Aloiai has another gear in him too I reckon.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 41 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 2:23 pm

The whole team i hope!

Munk
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Munk » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 2:26 pm

It has got to be Brooks, if not then we are in for another long season.
He hasnt got ball hogs like Farah and limelight hogs who only care about their highlight reels like Moses and Tedesco to worry about. He'll have great support from Reynolds and Benji, quick service from Liddle and strong runners to hit on the edges.
This is the year Brooks stands up and owns this side, stamping his mark on the competition or we fail again. Simple as that.

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 2:47 pm

From what I saw at the back end of the season and what I’ve seen in the World Cup I think Lolohere will blossom this coming season. He has the talent, is getting fitter, is in his preferred position and seems to have a positive attitude about his move. Add to that Cleary’s calm guidance and I reckon this kid could soar.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 348 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 3:49 pm

They all need too...

The Pack must stand up week in week out not every 6 weeks...the halves need to improve their options and the outside backs need to finish the chances...

Defence will be the key tho..it improved at the back end of the year under Cleary but needs to improve 10 fold again...I eagerly await the day Wests Tigers attack teams with their defence..the top teams do..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

hugh1954
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by hugh1954 » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 5:46 pm

Eisenhuth is the forward i am most looking at to improve handled his role in his limited time in 1st grade very well

Harvey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 5:47 pm

Grant. I think as a forward leader he may out perform a couple of the bigger name imports.
Other options would be Lolohea at fullback, if he does not perform at a high level we are in trouble.
Benji. I can see him playing a major role when one of our halves are dumped, or the spine is shuffled around due to injury, or failure to perform by at least one member.

notarealtiger
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by notarealtiger » Wed 15 Nov, 2017 9:38 pm

Lolohea for sure. Easily the backline player with the most potential in our squad. His games at 6 are helping him work on his passing game, and his running game is already starting to come together. He can only get better with more space and less pressure. Think his speed will improve too. The only part of his game that could use some serious work is defensively. But of course that's a big unknown at the moment so can't judge that until we see him at fullback.

Also think Esan Masters will show something special next year.

Return to “Wests Tigers”