Who Improves in 2018

Wests Tigers Discussion
GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Re: Who Improves in 2018

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:52 am

To me, an improving player is a player who was underwhelming this season. I think Reynolds will be a massive improver in a new environment.

Tacky
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Tacky » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:57 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:19 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:04 pm
Needaname wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:53 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:43 pm

The kid is only 17...Development player..not NRL top 30..will play mostly Underage 20's maybe taste ISP..
Are you able to confirm which one of the development players it was. I'm sure saw an announcement about one of them being included into the 30 squad?....
News to me..
Might explain the Big League story in regards to Thomas Mikaele Geo .....
Under the new NRL initiative clubs are able to sign a maximum of six development players each year, with Wests Tigers choosing to have four in 2018.

The club is pleased to announce the signing of Thomas Mikaele, Heath Gibbs, Sam McIntyre and Dylan Smith, with all four players to train with Wests Tigers fulltime.

“As a part of their development player contract they’re not eligible for NRL selection so will begin the year with the Under 20s team but I expect to see them feature in the Intrust Super Premiership side throughout the season,”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... nounc.html
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 11:32 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:49 am
maxxy86 wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:34 am
Munk wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 2:26 pm
It has got to be Brooks, if not then we are in for another long season.
He hasnt got ball hogs like Farah and limelight hogs who only care about their highlight reels like Moses and Tedesco to worry about. He'll have great support from Reynolds and Benji, quick service from Liddle and strong runners to hit on the edges.
This is the year Brooks stands up and owns this side, stamping his mark on the competition or we fail again. Simple as that.
And if he doesn't stand up we'll know it had nothing Ty o do with the so called Ball/limelight hogs......Won't we??
I think Brooks will get plenty of support this year. Ivan Cleary will have a full pre season with him. Brett Hodgson will be an assisting the NRL backs. Experienced halves like Reynolds & Benji will be good for Brooks. I can see him having a good year.
I will believe it when I see it with Brooks, he's had this do called support his entire career. Granted there will be more but I just don't think he's got what it takes in the nrl to be a success.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 7:45 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 9:18 am
Twal - He looks likely to continue improving & this could sure up our bench somewhat.

Brooks - This will be a vital factor if the Tigers are going to improve as a team in 2018. Cleary needs to ensure he is running the team and tell Reynolds to stay out of it.

Liddle - Another important factor if the Tigers are going to improve. Liddle & Brooks need to strike up a strong combination in 2018.

Felise - The forgotten man. It is important for his career to grow and up to Cleary to set him straight with what is expected. He is a very good domestic who will do whats asked of him. He also needs to be more committed in defence & improve on his concentration levels.

Suli - Moses just needs to keep learning. I'm not expecting him to light up the competition, but I will be very happy if we continue to see improvement. 2019 is the year this kid will be a key factor!
Brooks has repeatedly demonstrated that he is not a brash, confident, lead-from-the-front type of player. He will need as much help as he can get from Reynolds in running the team. That is obvious IMO.

TigerTiger
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TigerTiger » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 8:24 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 21 Nov, 2017 7:45 am
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 9:18 am
Twal - He looks likely to continue improving & this could sure up our bench somewhat.

Brooks - This will be a vital factor if the Tigers are going to improve as a team in 2018. Cleary needs to ensure he is running the team and tell Reynolds to stay out of it.

Liddle - Another important factor if the Tigers are going to improve. Liddle & Brooks need to strike up a strong combination in 2018.

Felise - The forgotten man. It is important for his career to grow and up to Cleary to set him straight with what is expected. He is a very good domestic who will do whats asked of him. He also needs to be more committed in defence & improve on his concentration levels.

Suli - Moses just needs to keep learning. I'm not expecting him to light up the competition, but I will be very happy if we continue to see improvement. 2019 is the year this kid will be a key factor!
Brooks has repeatedly demonstrated that he is not a brash, confident, lead-from-the-front type of player. He will need as much help as he can get from Reynolds in running the team. That is obvious IMO.
I'm not too worried about Brooks to be honest. He will have a job to do, and I don't think he is quite up to it, but that's okay. He will be given the best chance he's ever had, the best support, and we are in a rebuilding phase so if he doesn't step up to our requirements he can move on and so will we. We have options now.

We will be much better positioned to slot in a new halfback in a year or so anyway, once our reputation for sucking is (hopefully) gone, we had no chance this year.

Return to “Wests Tigers”