Questions for Pascoe

Wests Tigers Discussion
happy tiger

Re: Questions for Pascoe

Post by happy tiger » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 12:18 pm

Got the feeling that we weren't expecting an invitation to join the Womens 6 tournament from Pascoe's response

Or am I reading too much into it

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 4:46 pm

So he's not telling us how long they plan on going there

Nice

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 5:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 4:46 pm
So he's not telling us how long they plan on going there

Nice
They can't tell us that but we know he likes the travelling wilburys. That's important.

They should just cut it back to the the coach's Q&A.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 7:28 pm

There seems to be a bit of hate for Pascoe on the forum. Since he came on as CEO things have definitely improved. I find his honesty and frankness in the Q and A’s quite refreshing. He responds to emails from fans. He actually agreed to meet with me and my kids when I told him my kids were over it last year when all the drama was going on. Seems a good man doing a decent job imo.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 7:50 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 7:28 pm
There seems to be a bit of hate for Pascoe on the forum. Since he came on as CEO things have definitely improved. I find his honesty and frankness in the Q and A’s quite refreshing. He responds to emails from fans. He actually agreed to meet with me and my kids when I told him my kids were over it last year when all the drama was going on. Seems a good man doing a decent job imo.
Agree TS - I think he is also doing a good job.

Compare him to previous holders of that position!

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 8:00 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 7:50 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Agree TS - I think he is also doing a good job.

Compare him to previous holders of that position!
Absolutely- last bloke was all talk and ego but no substance!

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 8:09 pm

Has WestBenTigers posted any answers to his meeting with Pascoe I can’t find any thing. That’s how this post started. All i find is Pascoe &Cleary, last media release.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:15 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
No hate.
I'd just like to know the clubs plans for home grounds. On his arrival he stated he'd get us playing out of one stadium. We're up to five.
Apparently sponsors and memberships are up but does that mean we are earning more money? He always talks numbers but not dollars.
He says a lot without saying anything at all.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:22 pm

You can call 2 grounds that we’re taking games to to expand the clubs brand home grounds if it helps your argument, but they are not home grounds.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:28 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:22 pm
You can call 2 grounds that we’re taking games to to expand the clubs brand home grounds if it helps your argument, but they are not home grounds.
What argument?
He promised one and we're at 5 or 3. Where are we heading?

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 10:12 pm

gallagher wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:28 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
What argument?
If we go with 1 home ground? where would it be?
You would divide the club along Wests/Balmain lines.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 10:17 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 10:12 pm
gallagher wrote:
Thu 04 Jan, 2018 9:28 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
What argument?
If we go with 1 home ground? where would it be?
You would divide the club along Wests/Balmain lines.
I think the supporter base has moved on from that to be honest.
I think IT would be crazy to ignore the new stadiums. Homebush makes sense with the leagues club in Ashfield and training and operations at Concord,

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 5:51 am

I dont know how people can describe honesty and frankness when he clearly avoided a question....I cbf watching more after that

disappointing and annoying

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 11:22 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 05 Jan, 2018 5:51 am
I dont know how people can describe honesty and frankness when he clearly avoided a question....I cbf watching more after that

He’s not going to tell us everything Ink. I think the fact that he takes the times and effort to give us information via his updates and the Q and A’s is a good thing. You’re right - he doesn’t divulge everything but generally he is being open and honest.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 11:52 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 05 Jan, 2018 11:22 am
innsaneink wrote:

He’s not going to tell us everything Ink. I think the fact that he takes the times and effort to give us information via his updates and the Q and A’s is a good thing. You’re right - he doesn’t divulge everything but generally he is being open and honest.
What info did he given us though in that Q and A?

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 2:00 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 05 Jan, 2018 11:52 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

He only had three issues directed towards him. The first was Tamworth and he didn’t answer the question (probably because he is waiting to see how successful it is this year). The other 2 issues - womens comp and 30th player, he answered openly and fully.

The thing is, this whole Q and A and written updates is a strategy to be more transparent with fans and to connect the club to the fans. This strategy has been developed and implemented by Pascoe’s team. Listening to Cleary talk honestly about previous pecking orders and the new positives in the playing group is honest dialogue and even though it didn’t come from Pascoe, it’s his initiative and he approved it.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 2:18 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 05 Jan, 2018 2:00 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

He only had three issues directed towards him. The first was Tamworth and he didn’t answer the question (probably because he is waiting to see how successful it is this year). The other 2 issues - womens comp and 30th player, he answered openly and fully.

The thing is, this whole Q and A and written updates is a strategy to be more transparent with fans and to connect the club to the fans. This strategy has been developed and implemented by Pascoe’s team. Listening to Cleary talk honestly about previous pecking orders and the new positives in the playing group is honest dialogue and even though it didn’t come from Pascoe, it’s his initiative and he approved it.
He only responded to three issues. Three pretty soft ones. This was the first Q&A since 5 home grounds was announced and I'd say there would have been a few emails about that. At least one anyhow. Obviously a bit too hard for him to answer.
His involvement has no use. just let Cleary do a coach's Q&A.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 3:11 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 05 Jan, 2018 2:18 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 05 Jan, 2018 2:00 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

He only responded to three issues. Three pretty soft ones. This was the first Q&A since 5 home grounds was announced and I'd say there would have been a few emails about that. At least one anyhow. Obviously a bit too hard for him to answer.
His involvement has no use. just let Cleary do a coach's Q&A.
The point is his involvement is not just in front of the camera. Whether he does the Q and A or it’s just Cleary - it’s Pascoe’s initiative. Pascoe’s management team are providing more transparency for fans - maybe it’s not perfect but surely it’s a step in the right direction and imo, he and the whole Tigers management and coaching teams are moving us forward quickly as an organisation.