Wests Tigers strengthen position in Macarthur region..

Wests Tigers Discussion
cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Wests Tigers strengthen position in Macarthur region..

Unread post by cktiger » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 2:51 pm

So much for unity.

Toowoomba Tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Toowoomba Tiger » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 3:41 pm

Seems to be contradictory to what club management has been pushing the last few years.

Numerous times I've heard Wests Tigers CEO'S, coaches and board members push the lines:
"Some kids and teenagers have only ever known the Wests Tigers, so Balmain and Western Suburbs are irrelevant to them".

"We want to continue to move forward as a unified club with the one branding".

Personally I don't like the idea, nothing against the Magpies as Campbelltown is where I have been to most Tigers games (even though I grew up as a Balmain fan).

I'd say this ensures division in the club even if only to a minor extent. Is it a sign of the Wests Magpies power on the board?

All that siad, at least they're trying something to get crowds back at Campbelltown...at what cost though?
previously known as 'The Tooth'

Tacky
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Tacky » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 3:41 pm

As someone who has only ever known the Wests Tigers, I really don't mind this. I little bit of a link to the past is always nice to have. Again though, I didn't grow up supporting Wests or Balmain so I don't know how it affects those people.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

Snake
Has liked: 23 times

Unread post by Snake » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 3:46 pm

I have always been an advocate for being a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a big pond ...the club IMO just spreads itself to THINLY over to many areas. Our home ground fixtures is the prime example 5 home grounds next season ,I understand where the Wests group is coming from trying to protect the south west of Sydney but reality is the club has to consolidate sooner than later ,I see no relevance in Campbelltown anymore the Weststigers are an inner city based club like it or not!
My option is play out of the new state of the art Parramatta stadium that is pretty much right in the centre of the Sydney footy culture,look after the juniors well in both Balmain and Campbelltown areas..the management right from the top take one good step forward then 3 steps back!

hammertime
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by hammertime » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 3:52 pm

I was thinking what would the current mayor think of this - but it looks like the perpetual whinger Paul Lake has been replaced with someone who seems far more reasonable. Here's a quote from the new mayor (George Brticevic) when the Tigers reduced games from 4 to 3.

“Council acknowledges the work that Wests Tigers does in our local community, and will continue to partner with the club on a range of initiatives and programs that will benefit our residents.

“While reducing games at suburban grounds is inarguably to the detriment of local fans, at least Wests Tigers’ three year commitment to Campbelltown Sports Stadium is a positive sign, given the State Government’s move away from suburban grounds.”

Maybe some professionalism and gratitude from the Council finally has paved the way for this.
Last edited by hammertime on Thu 16 Nov, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tacky
Has liked: 15 times

Unread post by Tacky » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 3:54 pm

Snake wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 3:46 pm
I have always been an advocate for being a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in a big pond ...the club IMO just spreads itself to THINLY over to many areas. Our home ground fixtures is the prime example 5 home grounds next season ,I understand where the Wests group is coming from trying to protect the south west of Sydney but reality is the club has to consolidate sooner than later ,I see no relevance in Campbelltown anymore the Weststigers are an inner city based club like it or not!
My option is play out of the new state of the art Parramatta stadium that is pretty much right in the centre of the Sydney footy culture,look after the juniors well in both Balmain and Campbelltown areas..the management right from the top take one good step forward then 3 steps back!
10 games at Parramatta stadium, 1 at Leichhardt, 1 at Campbelltown? Maybe even wear heritage jerseys when we play there.

I do agree with you though that we should be trying to consolidate a home ground before we try to branch out to other areas. It's actually quite perplexing to me as to why we're taking these games to New Zealand and Tamworth. It doesn't really make sense.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 3:55 pm

hammertime wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 3:52 pm
I was thinking what would the current mayor think of this - but it looks like the perpetual whinger friend Paul Lake has been replaced with someone who seems far more reasonable. Here's a quote from the new mayor (George Brticevic) when the Tigers reduced games from 4 to 3.

“Council acknowledges the work that Wests Tigers does in our local community, and will continue to partner with the club on a range of initiatives and programs that will benefit our residents.

“While reducing games at suburban grounds is inarguably to the detriment of local fans, at least Wests Tigers’ three year commitment to Campbelltown Sports Stadium is a positive sign, given the State Government’s move away from suburban grounds.”

Maybe some professionalism and gratitude from the Council finally has paved the way for this.
You catch more flies with honey.

I honestly don't care, even as an old Balmain fan. Whatever they have been doing in the past it doesn't seem to be engaging the community as well as they'd hoped. So it's only natural to change approach. It's a state cup side, we're not re-branding the whole club. Would be cool if they played a game or two at Lidcombe Oval.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 4:02 pm

shane2801 wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:31 pm
Im Happy.
No Your not, your Shane and Happy is Happy!

See everyone is confused!

Not the end of the world but if we are the wests tigers then we should be the wests tigers across all grades.

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 4:39 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:07 am
gallagher wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:46 am
So do most of the ISP games get played before the NRL games.
Draw hasn't been finalised as NSWRL hasn't finalised the teams that will be in ISP..

The State based Underage comp U20's (formally NYC) must be played at the same venue as the ISP games..which means sometime you will get 3 games of Footy at the NRL fixture..sometimes it will just be the NRL game..with ISP and U20's played on a different day or venue based on home and away for those Comptetions...

Need to dust off the DeLorean for Rnd 1 - Wests Vs Newtown at Henson Park - wonder if they will have KB on sale.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 5:26 pm

Meh who cares?
The whole things a dogs breakfast these days...mass confusion is the NRL pathways system...
Pretty much most NRL clubs reggie side is a totally different club altogether....I wonder if anyone knows them all off by heart/without research?

colmcd
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by colmcd » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 5:40 pm

beachtiger wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:11 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 12:23 pm
Let me say as a former Balmain supporter, this doesn't annoy me at all. Magpies, Tigers, Balmain, Wests, all the same thing now. Call them the Camden Rams if you please.
That's my point jirskyr I couldn't care less either which is why I'm curious if anyone in the Macarthur region does, just seems a bit pointless to me.
Well I care! Yes I back the Wests Tigers. But I originally backed the Magpies, even if another magpie team enters the comp now I will still back wests.

But I still care. People are still attached to the team and rightly so. Hey I know guys who still have Jets and Bears ink and are still payed up members of those clubs.

Rugby league is stupid. We should take up the British Soccer system and let reserve grade teams re-enter the main comp and lagging teams (like Newcastle) leave. We should also Never Ever change Jerseys. I mean it, no washing no Dying, no nothing. The Jersey only gets replaced when it is ripped off your body!

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:11 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 5:26 pm
Meh who cares?
The whole things a dogs breakfast these days...mass confusion is the NRL pathways system...
Pretty much most NRL clubs reggie side is a totally different club altogether....I wonder if anyone knows them all off by heart/without research?
I don't. Wouldn't go close to naming them

Lidcombe Magpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by Lidcombe Magpie » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 6:24 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 3:55 pm
hammertime wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 3:52 pm
I was thinking what would the current mayor think of this - but it looks like the perpetual whinger friend Paul Lake has been replaced with someone who seems far more reasonable. Here's a quote from the new mayor (George Brticevic) when the Tigers reduced games from 4 to 3.

You catch more flies with honey.

I honestly don't care, even as an old Balmain fan. Whatever they have been doing in the past it doesn't seem to be engaging the community as well as they'd hoped. So it's only natural to change approach. It's a state cup side, we're not re-branding the whole club. Would be cool if they played a game or two at Lidcombe Oval.
They do for one Ron Massey Cup each year.

Its a great event, a chance to catch up with old friends and players and brings back so many memories

tigerap
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:10 pm

Good move

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:32 pm

Im guessing they'll train at Concord
Would be a bit difficult for Hodgo if they dont

tiger_one
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by tiger_one » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:42 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 4:39 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:07 am
gallagher wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:46 am
So do most of the ISP games get played before the NRL games.
Draw hasn't been finalised as NSWRL hasn't finalised the teams that will be in ISP..

The State based Underage comp U20's (formally NYC) must be played at the same venue as the ISP games..which means sometime you will get 3 games of Footy at the NRL fixture..sometimes it will just be the NRL game..with ISP and U20's played on a different day or venue based on home and away for those Comptetions...

Need to dust off the DeLorean for Rnd 1 - Wests Vs Newtown at Henson Park - wonder if they will have KB on sale.
And the home crowd attendance will be 8,972 (as it always is!!) :roll

cqtiger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 5:26 pm
Meh who cares?
... then there are the Qld Cup teams linked to most NRL clubs.
Penrith in talks to partner CQ Capras.

Capras have signed contracts will Broncos and Cowboys previously. Dooh
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

cqtiger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 7:55 pm

If you try to please everyone ... you end up pleasing no-one.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Return to “Wests Tigers”