Wests Tigers strengthen position in Macarthur region..

Wests Tigers Discussion
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 391 times

Wests Tigers strengthen position in Macarthur region..

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:21 am

Wests Tigers strengthen position in Macarthur region

Wests Tigers Media

Thu 16th November, 09:00AM
A A

WT Club News Black
Wests Tigers’ Intrust Super Premiership side will be branded as the Western Suburbs Magpies in 2018 as part of its Macarthur region strategy.

The decision is designed to strengthen the club’s position and continue to cultivate a robust pathways system in the Macarthur region.

The Macarthur region boasts one of the richest pools of rugby league talent in the world. Wests Tigers prides itself on fostering young players from Junior League through to the NRL. This pathway progresses through Development Squads, Harold Matthews and SG Ball teams, Under 20s, Ron Massey Cup and Intrust Super Premiership.

The 2018 ISP coaching squad is also world class - and home grown. Life Member Brett Hodgson is returning to Australia as the 2018 NRL Assistant Coach, and Head Coach of the Intrust Super Premiership team.

“I am absolutely thrilled to come back home to where I started playing,” said Hodgson. “It’s a great opportunity to come back to a club that is clearly on the improve both on and off the field. I’m looking forward to developing as a coach and working under Ivan.”

The Western Suburbs Magpies will play several 2018 home games at Campbelltown Sports Stadium which will also include Wests Tigers NRL game days.

The Western Suburbs Magpies have been inherent to the Macarthur region since 1987 and Wests Tigers involvement in the region stems almost two decades.

Wests Tigers is dedicated to ensuring the region remains a rugby league stronghold, with the game of Rugby league being the chief beneficiary.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... rengt.html
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:21 am

Grabs..'Popcorn'
Ivan's Laws

Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo nailed it...

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 156 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:34 am

Wonder when Alien will return.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

gallagher
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by gallagher » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:46 am

So do most of the ISP games get played before the NRL games.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:07 am

gallagher wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:46 am
Draw hasn't been finalised as NSWRL hasn't finalised the teams that will be in ISP..

The State based Underage comp U20's (formally NYC) must be played at the same venue as the ISP games..which means sometime you will get 3 games of Footy at the NRL fixture..sometimes it will just be the NRL game..with ISP and U20's played on a different day or venue based on home and away for those Comptetions...
Ivan's Laws

Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo nailed it...

TJL
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by TJL » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:15 am

Go the Pies!

beachtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by beachtiger » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:40 am

Can I ask our Macarthur friends if the actual mascot will give you more incentive to follow a team or not?

I'm not originally from either of our founding regions so am somewhat impartial but I just can't see how having two different identities within the same club as being of any real benefit to anyone.

I totally understand that the older generation's (me included) would have some affiliation with the Magpies but if they are talking about a "pathway system" then surely attracting the younger generation towards Wests Tigers should be the way to go.

jirskyr
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 12:23 pm

Let me say as a former Balmain supporter, this doesn't annoy me at all. Magpies, Tigers, Balmain, Wests, all the same thing now. Call them the Camden Rams if you please.

beachtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by beachtiger » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:11 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 12:23 pm
Let me say as a former Balmain supporter, this doesn't annoy me at all. Magpies, Tigers, Balmain, Wests, all the same thing now. Call them the Camden Rams if you please.
That's my point jirskyr I couldn't care less either which is why I'm curious if anyone in the Macarthur region does, just seems a bit pointless to me.

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:22 pm

beachtiger wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:11 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 12:23 pm
That's my point jirskyr I couldn't care less either which is why I'm curious if anyone in the Macarthur region does, just seems a bit pointless to me.
I'm from Balmain side and i don't mind.

Followed them since the 70's.

I'm a voting member of Balmain football club and voted for the merger to go ahead.

All i want is to see WT survive and be successful.

Just don't forget the tiger's and magpies past history. They were both great old foundation clubs

wt00
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by wt00 » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:23 pm

Oops, posted this in nsw cup forum. Can delete that one, thanks mods.
The star of the team is the team.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:24 pm

Why do NYC games need to be played at the same venue as NSW Cup if the NSW Cup is now the certain raiser for the NRL?

Don't really care what the team's called, seems pretty odd to rebrand as the magpies and i don't see how any Macarthur locals will give 2 sticks what the reserve grade side is called or where they play. Most barely know the team exists.

If most games are played before the NRL then it won't even make much difference. As long as some games are still played at Leichhardt and ANZ then the fans in the inner west can still attend games and there's no issue...

wt00
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by wt00 » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:31 pm

Strange decision. Personally would've have linked it to have been Wests Tigers tbh and keep making the wt brand stronger, but what do I know...
The star of the team is the team.

shane2801
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by shane2801 » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:31 pm

Im Happy.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

gallagher
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by gallagher » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 2:01 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 11:07 am
gallagher wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:46 am
Draw hasn't been finalised as NSWRL hasn't finalised the teams that will be in ISP..

The State based Underage comp U20's (formally NYC) must be played at the same venue as the ISP games..which means sometime you will get 3 games of Footy at the NRL fixture..sometimes it will just be the NRL game..with ISP and U20's played on a different day or venue based on home and away for those Comptetions...
Cheers.

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 2:03 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:24 pm
Why do NYC games need to be played at the same venue as NSW Cup if the NSW Cup is now the certain raiser for the NRL?

Don't really care what the team's called, seems pretty odd to rebrand as the magpies and i don't see how any Macarthur locals will give 2 sticks what the reserve grade side is called or where they play. Most barely know the team exists.

If most games are played before the NRL then it won't even make much difference. As long as some games are still played at Leichhardt and ANZ then the fans in the inner west can still attend games and there's no issue...
Very strong support for the magpies down there

Will have strong support.

:righton:

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 2:09 pm

It is good to see the club implementing this initiative. The question I have is how does the club measure its success? From my point of view, I would regard it as a success if larger crowds attended home games and the best juniors in the Macarthur region are identified and retained for Wests and WTs. Thoughts?

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 2:46 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 2:03 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 1:24 pm

Very strong support for the magpies down there

Will have strong support.

:righton:
Define strong. What would the average attendance at a Ron Massey cup game be?

Return to “Wests Tigers”