What it means to be Wests Tigers..

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19394
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: What it means to be Wests Tigers..

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 8:18 pm

Grub is a born fibro.


User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25606
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 9:17 pm

"There's no wankers here," Reynolds said.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.brisb ... zwtn4.html

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5072
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 12:54 am

This has been a very good conversation piece.mainly because as Willow and others have said "this is a forum of fans who love the Wests Tigers",we all have fairly differing opinions on how the club is progressing and in what direction it is going,having said that ,what many must remember is we are a diverse age group and how I and many played Rugby League and how we were coached is far from our younger members of the forum have been coached and play the game...
So in saying what I have I will defend Happys input because he has a different view on our game that is now a different arena to when he and I played...
Is he wrong to put forward his arguments or is he entitled to those opinions even though others don't agree.?
In my time playing the great game,I had to work to make ends meet,the money I got from the game was purely on a win situation eg..Reserve grade..$10 a win nothing for a draw or loss...First grade..$50 a win nothing for a draw or loss..these days if you want to put a team together they demand money,sox,shorts and boots before they get off the xbox or lounge..
I sincerely hope that Ivan instills in the squad that pride in the game is far more important than the monetary value,however these days it is more about money and who cares about the rest..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25503
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 4:39 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 9:17 pm
"There's no wankers here," Reynolds said.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.brisb ... zwtn4.html
We've employed former Brisbane performance coach Steve Hooper as well as the Old Fox..don't know much about him but coming from the Bronco's can only be a positive..

What was that again Happy..bringing back '05..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:37 am

Just on Happy. His opinion has been in my opinion ridiculous for a while. Trying to blame the club for the actions of some moron players and now he is continuing the whining when the club is making an effort.

Yes he can keep whining if he wants too but it's becoming a bit too much.


tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7830
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 2:52 pm

nothing but a fluff piece, if the admin can convince staff and player to believe in it then they've done their job and good on them.

i personally dont buy in to it, the history of Wests Tigers as a team has been crap and they need to know that they are the ones who need to change that. The onus is on them, every single player, they can't afford to be a part of a losing team and right now, they need to focus on winning and do whatever it takes.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25606
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 3:42 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 2:52 pm
nothing but a fluff piece, if the admin can convince staff and player to believe in it then they've done their job and good on them.

i personally dont buy in to it, the history of Wests Tigers as a team has been crap and they need to know that they are the ones who need to change that. The onus is on them, every single player, they can't afford to be a part of a losing team and right now, they need to focus on winning and do whatever it takes.
Im not really following you
How can you not buy into it but be here on this forum?
How can you not buy into it and support the club as long as you have?
Youve bought into it enough to select a team for rd 1...
Id say the aim of the video is to try and help the players achieve what you mentioned in the last few lines of your post

kiwitiger
Member
Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:02 am
Location: Wellington NZ

Post by kiwitiger » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 5:26 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 2:52 pm
nothing but a fluff piece, if the admin can convince staff and player to believe in it then they've done their job and good on them.

i personally dont buy in to it, the history of Wests Tigers as a team has been crap and they need to know that they are the ones who need to change that. The onus is on them, every single player, they can't afford to be a part of a losing team and right now, they need to focus on winning and do whatever it takes.
That would be inspiring!
Welcome to the Wests Tigers we are crap, and always been crap. Winning in 2005 was the worst thing that ever happened((TM) happy tiger)!
You the players, may turn it around but since you signed here, you are probably crap too!

:righton: :righton: :righton:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36848
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm

Just want to apologize for going a bit overboard in a few threads , after speaking to someone yesterday they believe that I'm probably going through the anger stage of my process atm

Back to counting to ten before responding me thinks

Again my apologies , still think we won't be great next year , just leave it there

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 6:53 pm

All good here happy.
Keep the faith champion.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6404
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 6:55 pm

If we are going to be anywhere competitive with the top five sides we are going to need to have a ton of team spirit, and even than I doubt it will be enough. You need plenty of class to win big games and I don’t see it in this squad. Okay yes, I think they will be hard and tuff outfit, and I am sure Cleary will generate plenty of spirit, but I think they will really struggle to win matches especially against the better sides.

Very hard to beat a v8 Holden in a four cylinder rodeo

User avatar
cqtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2342
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: Rockhampton QLD

Post by cqtiger » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 7:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm
Just want to apologize for going a bit overboard in a few threads , after speaking to someone yesterday they believe that I'm probably going through the anger stage of my process atm

Back to counting to ten before responding me thinks

Again my apologies , still think we won't be great next year , just leave it there
Welcome back Hap.
I don’t think we will win the comp next year but I always hope that we will be competitive. That should be enough for any true supporter (barring Bronco and Rooster supporters)
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6404
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 7:45 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 7:13 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm
Just want to apologize for going a bit overboard in a few threads , after speaking to someone yesterday they believe that I'm probably going through the anger stage of my process atm

Back to counting to ten before responding me thinks

Again my apologies , still think we won't be great next year , just leave it there
Welcome back Hap.
I don’t think we will win the comp next year but I always hope that we will be competitive. That should be enough for any true supporter (barring Bronco and Rooster supporters)

Some teams have the capacity to buy themselves up the ladder very quickly, sadly we are not one of those teams...or maybe it is a good thing. Anyway we are usually in a building phase and in the past they have not always worked, but maybe finally we might be heading in the right direction.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 9:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm
Just want to apologize for going a bit overboard in a few threads , after speaking to someone yesterday they believe that I'm probably going through the anger stage of my process atm

Back to counting to ten before responding me thinks

Again my apologies , still think we won't be great next year , just leave it there
Beat the grog and save your soul :D
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:15 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm
Just want to apologize for going a bit overboard in a few threads , after speaking to someone yesterday they believe that I'm probably going through the anger stage of my process atm

Back to counting to ten before responding me thinks

Again my apologies , still think we won't be great next year , just leave it there
Honestly just drop the palava about the club being bad when it's not. We've had a couple of turds of players with us and they are gone and it's time to move forward.

Personally I just want a club where the players put in and we develop a good team over time. I think we are in that situation now. If we don't win the comp next year I'm good with that.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36848
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:37 pm

Earl wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:15 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm
Just want to apologize for going a bit overboard in a few threads , after speaking to someone yesterday they believe that I'm probably going through the anger stage of my process atm

Back to counting to ten before responding me thinks

Again my apologies , still think we won't be great next year , just leave it there
Honestly just drop the palava about the club being bad when it's not. We've had a couple of turds of players with us and they are gone and it's time to move forward.

Personally I just want a club where the players put in and we develop a good team over time. I think we are in that situation now. If we don't win the comp next year I'm good with that.
I've got my opinion , I'm sticking to it

Round 26 2018 we will all have the answers to our questions

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:39 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:37 pm
Earl wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:15 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm
Just want to apologize for going a bit overboard in a few threads , after speaking to someone yesterday they believe that I'm probably going through the anger stage of my process atm

Back to counting to ten before responding me thinks

Again my apologies , still think we won't be great next year , just leave it there
Honestly just drop the palava about the club being bad when it's not. We've had a couple of turds of players with us and they are gone and it's time to move forward.

Personally I just want a club where the players put in and we develop a good team over time. I think we are in that situation now. If we don't win the comp next year I'm good with that.
I've got my opinion , I'm sticking to it

Round 26 2018 we will all have the answers to our questions
Round 26 :lol:

More like round 10 !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25606
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:49 pm

Youve told us 1000 times.
Put a bloody sock in it for christs sake...its.not even.next year yet..still got xmas to go and the boots getting slipped in.
Now is the time for us to be positive...give it a go

Post Reply
cron