The troll has gone but his work survives

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 9:37 am

willow wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 3:50 am
Balmainian wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:21 pm
G’day everyone!
Cheering I finally figured out how to register on here.
I’m new to this whole forum caper,but I’ve been reading a bit and starting to get a little excited for next year.
Hope we do well in 2018👍
Welcome aboard mate :sign:
Cheers mate

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 1:41 pm

If this sort of video doesn't appeal to you, that's one thing, but it takes a curious mind to bag the club over it.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 2:55 pm

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 12:00 am
Simply the best Club initiative ever. Our struggle has always been about who we are. Magpies & Tigers fans struggled with the JV initially! To see the past through the eyes of real people who were there and then to see the effort being put in to establish a new Foundation Club is fantastic. Because that's what we are - The Wests Tigers are a Foundation Club for a new era! We took 2005 for granted. Players didn't form the bonds as they had promised. Brothers for life were soon departed. There is a reason we now have hope folks ... Ivan Cleary. He could just be the greatest influencer on a club since Clive Churchill! When I saw the way the video unfolded I realised that the Club finally has a Vision that it can share with players, fans and the bloody admin gurus! Well done Team!
I hope that Cleary won’t be carrying the weight of the entire club for the whole season, but sometimes it sounds like that is what will happen.
Keep in mind that he’s not a Super Coach with a half a dozen premierships under his arm, he’s a young Coach with a reasonable record, and an untried team.
He’s probably as good as some who were on the market this year but he still has a lot to prove, this isn’t criticism of him, just a reminder that he’s not a Supercoach, Yet.
Hopefully the cattle bought this year can help him to have a great year.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 3:09 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 7:42 pm
criwdfluffer wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 6:55 pm
That was awesome , brought a tear to the eye.
Happy can do that to you mate...he can be very emotional at times...but remember have mercy on him,he is from up there,where the canetoads run free and some of the girls and guys are pretty loose...
between the ears that is.... :lol:
I’ve seen plenty of Canetoads, but loose girls are very scarce around here,
More luck in Surfers though,

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 4:01 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 3:09 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:
Happy can do that to you mate...he can be very emotional at times...but remember have mercy on him,he is from up there,where the canetoads run free and some of the girls and guys are pretty loose...
I can notice the difference between Qld schoolies last week and NSW schoolies this week - the Sydney mob are a lot more revealing
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 5:04 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 4:01 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 3:09 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:
I can notice the difference between Qld schoolies last week and NSW schoolies this week - the Sydney mob are a lot more revealing
Ah well Byron,
we need to be carefuL what we say, or we'll end up in 20 yrs time in a court on a lewd thoughts charge.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 5:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 6:53 pm
cktiger wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 6:09 am
Earl wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:16 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:28 pm
This is all about you Happy Tiger. You love the attention. I am so pleased the club I love are showing initiative and trying to turn things around. There is something special building at Wests Tigers and all you can do is draw attention to yourself. I think you’re a narcissistic pain. And I couldn’t care less that you are annoyed at people’s perception of you. Go Wests Tigers!!
Agreed. Happy needs to stop bagging the club for making good decisions.
He can say what he thinks ... it’s a forum of opinions. The video is just a nice fluff piece that people seem to think is more important than it is .
Agree. He's allowed to be wrong.
I Think it is more for keeping the supporters warm and fuzzy. and the interest up over the off season.
I dont really think that it will make a scrap difference to the players.
Having some of those old players around the club more often,and meeting the New players will do a lot more good than a video
It was good to see some of the old clips though they should have included some of Tommys videos though. LOL
I cant see it changing anything much either way.
We'l probably get more like it from the club over the preseason

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 5:43 pm

Hmmm....

Josh Reynolds gave glowing praise to this video that Wests Tigers showed to him. I didn't expect that given it was such a bad idea.

Video for the uninformed:
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... _to_b.html
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 5:52 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 7:50 am
Telltails wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 6:44 am
old man tiger wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 7:47 pm
Munk wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 7:18 pm
Haha most of you went over the top welcoming Happy Tiger back to the forum a couple of weeks ago and now youre all lining up to kick him in the head because you dont agree with what he is saying?
Were you being true welcoming him back or moreso the way you are acting now?
Happy is entitled to his view, if he was "kicked in the head", as you so eloquently put it, I don't think it has anything to do with the fact he left and came back, or even his opinion. A lot of threads go off track with the same issues being brought up, and the same tired arguments being brought in with nothing original or constructive to discuss. Like someone saying "catch" and they throw you cow manure.

Off the top of my head, Gold Coast tiger (for what many see as his pessimism) and BBF (for his contrarian views) have copped it a hundred times more for their opinions, and still contribute.

Hopefully he is back, I enjoy the banter. And we all know it can be hard to stay away.
Really, you cant blame anyone for being septical we have been surviving on empty promises for too long. We mostly all get hopeful before the start of each new season and this one does appear to be different. Without knowing, Happy sounds like he is beyond buying into anything until there is some real evidence of growth. Fair enough.
That's true. It's like being a passenger on a plane without any wings. We get all excited as we hear the engines rev and the plane gains speed as it heads down the runway and then.....
That's why Ivan preferred a bus.

It keeps everyone property grounded.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 6:18 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 5:52 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 7:50 am
Telltails wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 6:44 am
old man tiger wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 7:47 pm

Happy is entitled to his view, if he was "kicked in the head", as you so eloquently put it, I don't think it has anything to do with the fact he left and came back, or even his opinion. A lot of threads go off track with the same issues being brought up, and the same tired arguments being brought in with nothing original or constructive to discuss. Like someone saying "catch" and they throw you cow manure.

Off the top of my head, Gold Coast tiger (for what many see as his pessimism) and BBF (for his contrarian views) have copped it a hundred times more for their opinions, and still contribute.

Hopefully he is back, I enjoy the banter. And we all know it can be hard to stay away.
Really, you cant blame anyone for being septical we have been surviving on empty promises for too long. We mostly all get hopeful before the start of each new season and this one does appear to be different. Without knowing, Happy sounds like he is beyond buying into anything until there is some real evidence of growth. Fair enough.
That's true. It's like being a passenger on a plane without any wings. We get all excited as we hear the engines rev and the plane gains speed as it heads down the runway and then.....
That's why Ivan preferred a bus.

It keeps everyone property grounded.
Is that why we always sink when travelling across the Tasman?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 7:19 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 5:43 pm
Hmmm....

Josh Reynolds gave glowing praise to this video that Wests Tigers showed to him. I didn't expect that given it was such a bad idea.

Josh Reynolds wrote:“There’s such a rich culture here that I just didn’t realise [with Wests and Balmain]. There’s great players that have played here and I’m slowly learning about that.
It'll be dismissed as spin tho sure enough

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 8:10 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 7:19 pm
Tacky wrote:
Hmmm....

Josh Reynolds wrote:“There’s such a rich culture here that I just didn’t realise [with Wests and Balmain]. There’s great players that have played here and I’m slowly learning about that.
I bet he’ll love us soon, I’m starting to love him..... a little to much , I think. :oops:

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 12:07 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 8:10 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tacky wrote:
Hmmm....

I bet he’ll love us soon, I’m starting to love him..... a little to much , I think. :oops:
Roy's face slapping needed a word of explanation.
Need more props.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 4:38 pm

oldprop wrote:
Wed 29 Nov, 2017 12:07 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Tacky wrote:
Hmmm....

Maybe Josh can watch Fibros vs Silvertails as his next piece of homework.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 9:23 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Wed 29 Nov, 2017 4:38 pm
oldprop wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I know it's been an ordinary year but that win at LO really did lift the spirits.
Need more props.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 9:23 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Wed 29 Nov, 2017 4:38 pm
oldprop wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

I know it's been an ordinary year but that win at LO really did lift the spirits.
Need more props.

Munk

Post by Munk » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 7:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 9:05 am
The troll has gone but his work survives
Maybe you should take your own earlier advice?
No one has whined more than you in this thread. :roll:
Move on sunshine, your vendetta's are boring beyond belief.