What it means to be Wests Tigers..

Wests Tigers Discussion
GNR4LIFE

Re: What it means to be Wests Tigers..

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:03 pm

Tired of hearing about how well other clubs have done in the player market. Some have, but it's not like we"re chopped liver. Packer and Matulino would both rank in the top 10 as far as props go in the entire competition. I think we have a significantly stronger squad than both the Dogs and Titans. And an argument could be made for our squad being stronger than Souths, Saints and the Warriors. Cleary did as well as he could have with what was available to him. And the good thing is, he's had success with some of the players in this squad. He also has a knack of getting his teams deep into the finals. Our squad isn't all that different talent wise to Penrith's squad circa 2014. I'm happy with we're sitting,
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:08 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:39 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:37 pm
Earl wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:15 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm
Just want to apologize for going a bit overboard in a few threads , after speaking to someone yesterday they believe that I'm probably going through the anger stage of my process atm

Back to counting to ten before responding me thinks

Again my apologies , still think we won't be great next year , just leave it there
Honestly just drop the palava about the club being bad when it's not. We've had a couple of turds of players with us and they are gone and it's time to move forward.

Personally I just want a club where the players put in and we develop a good team over time. I think we are in that situation now. If we don't win the comp next year I'm good with that.
I've got my opinion , I'm sticking to it

Round 26 2018 we will all have the answers to our questions
Round 26 :lol:

More like round 10 !
Well after Roosters , Storm ,Broncos ,Eels ,Storm and Manly in the 1st 6 rounds we will have a lot of answers

Hopefully good , you'd take 2-4 seriously after that run

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:13 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 7:13 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Just want to apologize for going a bit overboard in a few threads , after speaking to someone yesterday they believe that I'm probably going through the anger stage of my process atm

Again my apologies , still think we won't be great next year , just leave it there
Welcome back Hap.
I don’t think we will win the comp next year but I always hope that we will be competitive. That should be enough for any true supporter (barring Bronco and Rooster supporters)
If we make Top 12 I think we should be happy , we still need to sort out some issues with our roster

Back rowers are a real issue , its just annoying that its been an issue for 6 years and we haven't found or kept the answers

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Balmainbred » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:14 pm

Yep tough ask but we might surprise a few.

hobbo

Unread post by hobbo » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:16 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:08 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:39 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:

Honestly just drop the palava about the club being bad when it's not. We've had a couple of turds of players with us and they are gone and it's time to move forward.

Personally I just want a club where the players put in and we develop a good team over time. I think we are in that situation now. If we don't win the comp next year I'm good with that.

Round 26 :lol:

More like round 10 !
Well after Roosters , Storm ,Broncos ,Eels ,Storm and Manly in the 1st 6 rounds we will have a lot of answers

Hopefully good , you'd take 2-4 seriously after that run
For sure ...
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:57 pm

Undefeated Minor Premiers and eventual Premiers..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Munk

Unread post by Munk » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 12:04 am

No way we should be happy with top 12.
Itll be our seventh crack at the eight in a row ending in failure.
We must play finals.

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 9:29 am

happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I think you've missed the point. The results are going to be the results. The club though is making an effort and that is all I expect.

Fair enough if you think we aren't going to have a good season. I think most of us recognise the club has been completely transformed and we don't know how we are going to perform.

You though aren't stating that at all. You are consistently hanging crap on the club and conveniently ignoring the 3 morons who have just left the club and acted like complete and utter turds.

I'd rather ignore those 3 morons and I'm glad they are gone and just see how next season evolves. Personally I'm looking forward to it. I think we have a lot of depth in our squad and even though we are lacking some class we have a lot of power players especially in the outside backs and we may be able to surprise a lot of people.

Tiger Steve

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 12:20 pm

We are not going to be easy to beat. We have bought players with grit and determination. We are solid (not brilliant) across the park. We have solid depth. We have experienced players and staff to guide the younger players. We won’t be adversely affected during SOO. We seem to be developing a tight nit group ( according to Twitter feed) which is essential to team sport success. We have no hero’s to create instability. Yep, we are not going to be easy to beat.

criwdfluffer

Unread post by criwdfluffer » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 12:45 pm

hard to tell with only paper and pre form to go by, but we do look bigger and tougher yet less brilliant.

whether this will convert to more wins is another thing but fingers crossed and all that.

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 1:50 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 12:45 pm
hard to tell with only paper and pre form to go by, but we do look bigger and tougher yet less brilliant.

whether this will convert to more wins is another thing but fingers crossed and all that.
We just have to wait and see don't we.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 2:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Just for future reference when you dredge this up on that date if we suck again next year like we have recently.
Myself...id prefer to have some optimism right now up until the season commences...and hopefully into it.... we are all well experienced in a long cold disappointing season. Why be that way during off season???
The players and staff will have bought into the positivity a new season brings, this video is a small part of the bigger picture, its pointless and counter- productive doing anything else. That's what this thread is about.
Anyone can say "i think we'll stink but hope we dont" just to be able to say "I told you so"

Tacky

Unread post by Tacky » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 3:59 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:13 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Sat 02 Dec, 2017 7:13 pm
happy tiger wrote:

Welcome back Hap.
I don’t think we will win the comp next year but I always hope that we will be competitive. That should be enough for any true supporter (barring Bronco and Rooster supporters)
If we make Top 12 I think we should be happy , we still need to sort out some issues with our roster

Back rowers are a real issue , its just annoying that its been an issue for 6 years and we haven't found or kept the answers
You don't rate McQueen and Aloiai? They're definitely not brilliant but they're both solid. Even Rochow could surprise.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 6:32 pm

Earl wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 9:29 am
happy tiger wrote:
Earl wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I think you've missed the point. The results are going to be the results. The club though is making an effort and that is all I expect.

Fair enough if you think we aren't going to have a good season. I think most of us recognise the club has been completely transformed and we don't know how we are going to perform.

You though aren't stating that at all. You are consistently hanging crap on the club and conveniently ignoring the 3 morons who have just left the club and acted like complete and utter turds.

I'd rather ignore those 3 morons and I'm glad they are gone and just see how next season evolves. Personally I'm looking forward to it. I think we have a lot of depth in our squad and even though we are lacking some class we have a lot of power players especially in the outside backs and we may be able to surprise a lot of people.
The only person who is bringing up the "3 morons" is you

At least I have the common sense to realize the "3 morons" are done and dusted and now and are our arch enemies (as I said earlier )

Munk

Unread post by Munk » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 9:08 pm

Id feel more confident if 2 of those "3 morons" had been retained. New blokes cover Woods. They dont cover the other two.

Telltails

Unread post by Telltails » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 9:56 pm

For "3 morons" they certainly are doing alright. They are not responsible for our clubs lack of success and if people are blaming them - they are kidding themselves.
Before them it was Farah and Benji who were targeted.
Good management is the key to a successful club and hopefully the current lot are on track for righting the wrongs for past mismanagement.

Balmainian

Unread post by Balmainian » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 5:48 pm

Looking back on the last few years of sacked coaches, ego stricken youngsters leading our club, club legends being shown the door, players caught cheating, the board(make up your own opinion of the board)and a lack of quality signings.
I feel since the bus rolled into concord their has been stability and direction reinstated back in tigerland.
We will never all agree on a player roster and that’s ok, but we should agree that the club for once in a long time does actually seem to be going in the right direction.
Hopefully that direction can lead us into September.....even if we have to wait until 2019.

Thanks Ivan.

cqtiger

Unread post by cqtiger » Mon 04 Dec, 2017 6:40 pm

I don’t care what anyone calls them - originally the big 4, the 3 amigos or the 3 morons, as a group they never got us into any finals series. Yet, they all wanted huge contract upgrades earlier this year. What sort of squad would we have had next year? More of the same? Worse, more likely.

The negativity on here in this off season beggars belief but how bad would it be if Tedesco, Woods, Moses and Brooks signed with us for the money they were asking?

Matulino and Packer more than cover the loss of Woods and samenafegai??? (You know who I mean). Say what you want about Reynolds but for me he’s an upgrade on brain explosion Moses.
Tedesco is hard to replace but Lolohea has gotten better and better and fullback is his favourite position so he may surprise many.

Add Milne, McQueen, Marshall, Fonua, Thompsen and they are a definite step up from Rankin, Drinkwater and their ilk.

As I’ve said, I doubt we’ll win the comp but I do believe we will be better than the last 5 years.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Return to “Wests Tigers”