What it means to be Wests Tigers..

Wests Tigers Discussion
Earl

Re: What it means to be Wests Tigers..

Post by Earl » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:16 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:28 pm
This is all about you Happy Tiger. You love the attention. I am so pleased the club I love are showing initiative and trying to turn things around. There is something special building at Wests Tigers and all you can do is draw attention to yourself. I think you’re a narcissistic pain. And I couldn’t care less that you are annoyed at people’s perception of you. Go Wests Tigers!!
Agreed. Happy needs to stop bagging the club for making good decisions.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 1:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:32 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:59 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:30 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:25 pm
You shouldve agreed to disagree a long time ago....youre full.of.nothing but crap now
Well when the team runs Top 4 and wins the premiership you can all remind me how wrong I was and how the video was the greatest thing since sliced bread
Geez mate you've really gone on a bender over this team culture building video :lol:
Would you have preferred management show them a pie chart explaining how much they sucked ??
Yeah Nah Its the best thing since Ben Hur Hobbo

Skando and Junior will be nominated for Emmy's I'm sure

Again , if people think that players will watch this and the players opinions' will be magically turned into some sort of Maroon Mentality (sorry I can't think of any other idea to describe it ) they are going to be sadly mistaken

Gee Forum members if you've sunken this low looking for redemption things are worse than I ever thought

Next membership package better include some sort low esteem courses at Tafe
Happy, if all of this stuff bothers you so much, you're probably much better off contacting the club directly and having a chat with Pascoe. You're barking up the wrong tree on this forum which should be obvious by now based off the reactions to your posts.

People from Wests Tigers do check this place from time to time, but they're hardly taking our suggestions on board. We're just a bunch of fans looking forward to next week's game, who played well and who didn't, talking about who may be in line to make their debut, and hopefully witnessing the Tigers make the 8.

If everything is going to be a whinge fest, have another break, this place won't do you any favors because 99% of us are looking forward to next season and what it may bring. We can see the club is working very hard on turning things around, and you're just rubbishing it. Maybe a forum member name change is in order because you're hardly living up to yours.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 1:32 pm

Surely.... no one thinks that the club would consider this video anything more than a small part of the process they are undertaking in forming a club culture and identity among the players? Surely...

FWIW, I enjoyed it too.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 1:41 pm

Lol
I just love it when people keep posting replies adnauseam to try and give their original post some credence.

Happy Tiger went away for a while, I wonder when that guy will re-emerge again? I, for one, miss him.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 11:04 pm

I support the history of the club being embedded in the minds of the players because it is relevent to a large percentage of the fan base who are the one constant in any teams existence. Many of us are either third or fourth generation fans based on our family ties to either Wests or Balmain. That is something that we should all hold dear and be proud of, and never dismiss
The club has made plenty of errors, that as fans we have had to endure, and while Im not suggesting that it will transform us into a succesful unit, the video is a step in the right direction IMO.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 6:09 am

Earl wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:16 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
This is all about you Happy Tiger. You love the attention. I am so pleased the club I love are showing initiative and trying to turn things around. There is something special building at Wests Tigers and all you can do is draw attention to yourself. I think you’re a narcissistic pain. And I couldn’t care less that you are annoyed at people’s perception of you. Go Wests Tigers!!
He can say what he thinks ... it’s a forum of opinions. The video is just a nice fluff piece that people seem to think is more important than it is .

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 6:53 pm

cktiger wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 6:09 am
Earl wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:16 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
He can say what he thinks ... it’s a forum of opinions. The video is just a nice fluff piece that people seem to think is more important than it is .
Agree. He's allowed to be wrong.

Munk

Post by Munk » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 7:18 pm

Haha most of you went over the top welcoming Happy Tiger back to the forum a couple of weeks ago and now youre all lining up to kick him in the head because you dont agree with what he is saying?
Were you being true welcoming him back or moreso the way you are acting now?

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 7:47 pm

Munk wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 7:18 pm
Haha most of you went over the top welcoming Happy Tiger back to the forum a couple of weeks ago and now youre all lining up to kick him in the head because you dont agree with what he is saying?
Happy is entitled to his view, if he was "kicked in the head", as you so eloquently put it, I don't think it has anything to do with the fact he left and came back, or even his opinion. A lot of threads go off track with the same issues being brought up, and the same tired arguments being brought in with nothing original or constructive to discuss. Like someone saying "catch" and they throw you cow manure.

Off the top of my head, Gold Coast tiger (for what many see as his pessimism) and BBF (for his contrarian views) have copped it a hundred times more for their opinions, and still contribute.

Hopefully he is back, I enjoy the banter. And we all know it can be hard to stay away.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 9:00 pm

Say your bit and move on.
Say it 100 times, put a sock in it

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:21 pm

G’day everyone!
Cheering I finally figured out how to register on here.
I’m new to this whole forum caper,but I’ve been reading a bit and starting to get a little excited for next year.
Hope we do well in 2018👍

willow

Post by willow » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 3:50 am

Balmainian wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:21 pm
G’day everyone!
Cheering I finally figured out how to register on here.
I’m new to this whole forum caper,but I’ve been reading a bit and starting to get a little excited for next year.
Hope we do well in 2018👍
Welcome aboard mate :sign:

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 6:44 am

old man tiger wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 7:47 pm
Munk wrote:
Happy is entitled to his view, if he was "kicked in the head", as you so eloquently put it, I don't think it has anything to do with the fact he left and came back, or even his opinion. A lot of threads go off track with the same issues being brought up, and the same tired arguments being brought in with nothing original or constructive to discuss. Like someone saying "catch" and they throw you cow manure.

Off the top of my head, Gold Coast tiger (for what many see as his pessimism) and BBF (for his contrarian views) have copped it a hundred times more for their opinions, and still contribute.

Hopefully he is back, I enjoy the banter. And we all know it can be hard to stay away.
Really, you cant blame anyone for being septical we have been surviving on empty promises for too long. We mostly all get hopeful before the start of each new season and this one does appear to be different. Without knowing, Happy sounds like he is beyond buying into anything until there is some real evidence of growth. Fair enough.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 7:50 am

Telltails wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 6:44 am
old man tiger wrote:
Munk wrote:

Really, you cant blame anyone for being septical we have been surviving on empty promises for too long. We mostly all get hopeful before the start of each new season and this one does appear to be different. Without knowing, Happy sounds like he is beyond buying into anything until there is some real evidence of growth. Fair enough.
That's true. It's like being a passenger on a plane without any wings. We get all excited as we hear the engines rev and the plane gains speed as it heads down the runway and then.....
"Quality Stupidity"

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 7:55 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 7:50 am
Telltails wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 6:44 am
old man tiger wrote:
Munk wrote:

That's true. It's like being a passenger on a plane without any wings. We get all excited as we hear the engines rev and the plane gains speed as it heads down the runway and then.....
:lol: that's a great analogy.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 8:15 am

I believe the wings are currently being attached
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 8:45 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 8:15 am
Yep Nofo, Fonua, DWZ, Thompson, Kev, Milne....if they can hold us up we might actually get off the ground!

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 8:47 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 8:15 am
Yes. Noffo and Fonua , for mine.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...