What it means to be Wests Tigers..

Wests Tigers Discussion
willow

Re: What it means to be Wests Tigers..

Post by willow » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 9:14 pm

I think it's a great initiative and approach taken by Cleary and co. moving forward. For the first time in a long time I'm getting the vibe that there is a real sense of direction and purpose about the club with the rebuild that Cleary has undertaken. Moving forward, it's a long off-season but I'm optimistic that we'll see a squad that really want to play for one another, and that can go a long way towards making the finals.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 9:36 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 9:14 pm
I think it's a great initiative and approach taken by Cleary and co. moving forward. For the first time in a long time I'm getting the vibe that there is a real sense of direction and purpose about the club with the rebuild that Cleary has undertaken. Moving forward, it's a long off-season but I'm optimistic that we'll see a squad that really want to play for one another, and that can go a long way towards making the finals.
Yeah and no

We keep focussing on 2005 Willow

Lets make some new history , not recruiting every Hodgo , Phats and Skando that's been involved with the club

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 9:46 pm

That pumped me up, not even Happy can stop me feeling good.

It is ok to have hope. It is better to have a plan, and that is more evident this year than any season since 2012.

We had our worst year in a lot of ways last year, and it has become trendy for some to death ride their own team, because most pre seasons have been a failure so far. Eventually the naysayers will be proven wrong, and I believe it can be this year.

A lot of the top sides have holes in their depth, the roosters are two injuries away from having little to no recognised go forward, Melbourne have lost a key player, the sharks can only play once every 10 days so the income from games doesn't jeopardise their pension payments.

Our worst game in 2018 will still show double the effort of our worst game in 2017. Do not underestimate the power of a fierce competitive attitude. How many times have we lost to "worse" teams that wanted it more on the day? It will be us knocking clubs over like ten pins next year.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 9:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 9:36 pm
willow wrote:
Yeah and no

Lets make some new history , not recruiting every Hodgo , Phats and Skando that's been involved with the club
I think the club developed the right culture back then Happy, and in recent years we've lost our way. I think the purpose of the video is to show the new players coming in that now is the time to forge the right culture and as you say, make some new history. We didn't have it with Potter and Taylor but I get much more of a sense of direction with Cleary and I think the video is just part of it, it showed what Balmain and Wests were, and we're Wests Tigers were heading before 2005 came along. That's just my take on it.

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 9:53 pm

#onthebus

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 9:58 pm

A good thing for mine. How can it not be good to show the players the history of the club and where the support from the many thousands of members and fans that help pay their salaries originated.

Having an amount of it conveyed by some of those assisting them in coaching and well being to attain similar achievements and/or a premiership is also a plus.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 9:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 7:45 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 7:01 pm
Great to see Whatuira. Still to this day, one of the most underrated and under valued players to pull on our jersey. Should have been here much longer.
There are some good people on board at the club at present

Its my club and my team and whilever it exists it will be, yeh we can be cynical and critical at times, I cant be critical of this...attempting to forge a stronger culture

I do know one thing, when we finally do get some success there is a massive wave of support in the background just waiting to surface...while ever that success is maintained the club grows...in 18 years weve really only had a year (05) and then a two year stretch five years later to build on this casual support/.....an sustained period of success/finals footy will do wonders for this club...lets hope it aint far off
Before Whatuira joined us we were leaking points in the centres . He really strengthened our defence there.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 10:27 pm

That video was awesome. Well done Wests Tigers
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 11:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
Yeah and no

Fair dinkum - you’d boo Santa Claus

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 11:37 pm

Really well put together, I usually find those type of vids boring but that was impressive.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Wed 22 Nov, 2017 11:47 pm

I think it's a good idea, the club is making moves to change the culture

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 6:33 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 7:45 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 22 Nov, 2017 7:01 pm
Great to see Whatuira. Still to this day, one of the most underrated and under valued players to pull on our jersey. Should have been here much longer.
There are some good people on board at the club at present

Its my club and my team and whilever it exists it will be, yeh we can be cynical and critical at times, I cant be critical of this...attempting to forge a stronger culture

I do know one thing, when we finally do get some success there is a massive wave of support in the background just waiting to surface...while ever that success is maintained the club grows...in 18 years weve really only had a year (05) and then a two year stretch five years later to build on this casual support/.....an sustained period of success/finals footy will do wonders for this club...lets hope it aint far off
It really shows both clubs and the merger success which have the similar trend of small periods of success then longer periods of struggle due to money....

It really shows the mammoth job the board and coach have. Can we awake the beast? I hope so.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 6:36 am

happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
Yeah and no

So focusing on a premiership is a bad thing. It was a special moment . Their trying to build culture. It's like a person knowing where they come from they feel like they belong to something.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 7:02 am

A whole bunch of newbies just jumped on a bus. This shows them the bus route and stamps their tickets.
"Quality Stupidity"

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 8:37 am

Wonder if they show the same video (with Balmain edited out) to the ISP hopefuls?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 9:05 am

cktiger wrote:
Thu 23 Nov, 2017 8:37 am
Wonder if they show the same video (with Balmain edited out) to the ISP hopefuls?
Don't be a goose.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tiger Come Lately » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 10:10 am

I like it. Players will play for them selves and their families true.

But ultimately people want to be a part of something bigger, they won't to belong and be treated like they belong. They want to leave a mark, more than just in their pants. You have to inspire and i think this is inspiring.

In order to understand where your going you need to know where you have been and what you are representing. Yes they keep going back to 2005 but in the short West Tigers history thats is our success and they want the players to see how that felt and what it meant to the players and supporters. Having guys like Benji, Hodgo, Phats around will help enforce that.

What happens on the field next year is yet to be seen. But we improved on and off the field last year and i get the sense that both parts of our club are much better aligned than they have been since inception. Which is a great foundation for the season ahead.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 10:12 am

cktiger wrote:
Thu 23 Nov, 2017 8:37 am
Every player for all squads have been or will be shown the video..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...