What it means to be Wests Tigers..

Wests Tigers Discussion
hobbo

Re: What it means to be Wests Tigers..

Post by hobbo » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 7:30 pm

We've been a basket case for Yonks , I thought the video was good for morale .
Anything positive to get us out of the doldrums is a good thing !!!

Hey Happy , I've bought you a Roosters membership , look out for a brown paper bag on your front verandah !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 7:53 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 7:30 pm
We've been a basket case for Yonks , I thought the video was good for morale .
Anything positive to get us out of the doldrums is a good thing !!!

Hey Happy , I've bought you a Roosters membership , look out for a brown paper bag on your front verandah !

Happy's more a Souff's man I would think...

A guess we could continue to do what we have been doing or try something different..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 8:52 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 7:35 am
If we need to look to the future and forget about 2005, Wests and Balmain I'll remember this thread fondly next time Wests Panthers are brought up.

For crying out loud, it's a puff piece done to explain to recruits whom have never had anything to do with our system or club (even the ones who have should still watch it, none of our squad a few years back knew who Dennis Tutty was,) what the place is about, the two proud clubs and the history that preceded it. Three groups of fans whom this club carries their hearts in the old Balmain, old Wests and the Wests Tigers fans who've known nothing other than WT.

Sure, the past is in the past, but it's good to acknowledge it, it's a part of us. As far as I'm concerned, the Magpies history is every part of me now as the history of Balmain ever was. The clubs have been married that long now that they are inextricably linked.

Always good to have one eye on where you're going, and one eye on where you've been. Another question is has the club ever done anything like this before? Do our players really know who and what they represent? We have long whinged about culture and pride in the strip but has the club ever gone out of their way to do anything like this to show the players what, and whom, they are playing for? It's a great initiative.
Exactly. How can we expect players to show pride in the jersey if they don't know what the jersey represents. It's a great initiative from the club.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Munk

Post by Munk » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 9:31 pm

I wonder what the culture is that they are trying to forge?
That video doesnt do much to help surely? Very dry viewing.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:07 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 7:07 pm
Happy, you say we lack accountability, yet a video produced to demonstrate to show that we arent the perennial losers we have become, that we have a rich history, that shows that you can make a mark here and immortalise yourself to the fanbase and etch your name in the clubs history book, that we arent a place where a player comes to die, we are a place that can and has produced greatness... lacks accountability.

Culture is driven by not only playing for a pay cheque, but on pride. Pride is what drives you not want to fail your team mates, pride is the emotion that amplifies the joy of a win in front of 50,000 rather than 50 fans.... and you are here ragging on the video which is trying to instill in players pride in the jersey to marry with the personal pride of a professional athlete, that very primal emotion that made them strive to be elite in the first place.

A quick lesson in accountability.... as a business, you wouldnt invest millions into a worker over 4yrs who has a history of injury yet is proven to not be able to deliver results. Bondi is East, you are in the west, get yourself a tom tom.
Not ragging on the video , just saying it is fan driven not player driven

Personal pride in performance always come first no matter if your playing in the NRL or Oodnadatta Emus

Since the WT's have come into existence we have the worst winning record of the 16 clubs

If it takes a video to show some pride in the jersey we signed the wrong players , wouldn't you agree ??

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:18 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 7:35 am
If we need to look to the future and forget about 2005, Wests and Balmain I'll remember this thread fondly next time Wests Panthers are brought up.

For crying out loud, it's a puff piece done to explain to recruits whom have never had anything to do with our system or club (even the ones who have should still watch it, none of our squad a few years back knew who Dennis Tutty was,) what the place is about, the two proud clubs and the history that preceded it. Three groups of fans whom this club carries their hearts in the old Balmain, old Wests and the Wests Tigers fans who've known nothing other than WT.

Sure, the past is in the past, but it's good to acknowledge it, it's a part of us. As far as I'm concerned, the Magpies history is every part of me now as the history of Balmain ever was. The clubs have been married that long now that they are inextricably linked.

Always good to have one eye on where you're going, and one eye on where you've been. Another question is has the club ever done anything like this before? Do our players really know who and what they represent? We have long whinged about culture and pride in the strip but has the club ever gone out of their way to do anything like this to show the players what, and whom, they are playing for? It's a great initiative.
Mate you obviously had a few car crashes not watching where you are going :D

We will agree to disagree on this one

You can't change the past , but the future is your oyster , don't waste it looking backwards

If anyone on this Forum should know that it's you brother

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:25 pm

You shouldve agreed to disagree a long time ago....youre full.of.nothing but crap now

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:30 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:25 pm
You shouldve agreed to disagree a long time ago....youre full.of.nothing but crap now
Well when the team runs Top 4 and wins the premiership you can all remind me how wrong I was and how the video was the greatest thing since sliced bread

Munk

Post by Munk » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:32 pm

What are peoples thoughts on what the club's current culture is versus what new direction in culture will be?

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:34 pm

Munk wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:32 pm
What are peoples thoughts on what the club's current culture is versus what new direction in culture will be?
Is your first name Danny - the failed ex Balmain Leagues Club GM?
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:43 pm

Happy Together? No but close!
"Quality Stupidity"

Munk

Post by Munk » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:56 pm

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:34 pm
Munk wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:32 pm
Is your first name Danny - the failed ex Balmain Leagues Club GM?
No, Jack. What is yours?

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:59 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:30 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Well when the team runs Top 4 and wins the premiership you can all remind me how wrong I was and how the video was the greatest thing since sliced bread
Geez mate you've really gone on a bender over this team culture building video :lol:
Would you have preferred management show them a pie chart explaining how much they sucked ??
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:28 pm

This is all about you Happy Tiger. You love the attention. I am so pleased the club I love are showing initiative and trying to turn things around. There is something special building at Wests Tigers and all you can do is draw attention to yourself. I think you’re a narcissistic pain. And I couldn’t care less that you are annoyed at people’s perception of you. Go Wests Tigers!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:31 pm

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Naah.....ill be enjoying it too much to bother with that.... but I'm sure on the off chance we finish 5th or lower and dont win the comp....you'll be the first to remind us all

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:32 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:59 pm
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Geez mate you've really gone on a bender over this team culture building video :lol:
Would you have preferred management show them a pie chart explaining how much they sucked ??
Yeah Nah Its the best thing since Ben Hur Hobbo

Skando and Junior will be nominated for Emmy's I'm sure

Again , if people think that players will watch this and the players opinions' will be magically turned into some sort of Maroon Mentality (sorry I can't think of any other idea to describe it ) they are going to be sadly mistaken

Gee Forum members if you've sunken this low looking for redemption things are worse than I ever thought

Next membership package better include some sort low esteem courses at Tafe

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 11:50 pm

:brick: Gawd...ah nah never mind...that is all..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 7:05 am

Happy I get your axgst for living up here in qld and getting the Bronx/cow ear bashing. But this video can only be a positive for the club and those representing the club.
It just another piece of the jigsaw puzzle put together to be completed. Wouldnt prefer any other coach taking us forward to be honest.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign: