2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 9:07 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 1:55 pm
The SFS could do with a revamp, it does feel a bit dated when you go there. ANZ is ridiculous. It's probably the best stadium in the country behind the MCG.
I reckon I could make both grounds A- plus for 1 billion
in Ivan we distrust

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 9:47 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 9:07 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 1:55 pm
The SFS could do with a revamp, it does feel a bit dated when you go there. ANZ is ridiculous. It's probably the best stadium in the country behind the MCG.
I reckon I could make both grounds A- plus for 1 billion
What could you do with the lower bowl at ANZ? Its the reason why so many seats are so far away from the action. I think the place needed demolishing, its a terrible design for a rectangle field.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 10:52 pm

Is the amount of money being spent on the stadium upgrades going to negate our chances to build a Centre of Excellence or is it totally separate money? Anyone know?
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 2:08 am

cochise wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 12:04 pm
During the time of the build the NSW Gov will be spending $200 Billion on Education and Health. There is no reason that a government can not spend money on health and education as well as improve infrastructure, such as stadiums, at the same time. Yes ANZ stadium could potentially last for a lot longer but the problem is it was poorly designed, not structurally but in other areas.
pretty much this ^

its a crappy cavernous oval white elephant

instead they want to turn it into a fantastic rectangular stadium where you dont notice if there are 25k people there or 50k people because everyone has a fantastic vantage point regardless.

hosting the olympics usually screws up infrastructure for a while cause no one uses these specific venues after its built. look at how much we've had to change anz since 1999 (used to be 110k)
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 6:00 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 10:52 pm
Is the amount of money being spent on the stadium upgrades going to negate our chances to build a Centre of Excellence or is it totally separate money? Anyone know?
The article from the link in my sig suggested work would start on out COE 6 months ago.
I think there has been an update or two since then....but as usual it all looks like another
load of bollocks

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 10:02 am

pHyR3 wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 2:08 am
cochise wrote:
During the time of the build the NSW Gov will be spending $200 Billion on Education and Health. There is no reason that a government can not spend money on health and education as well as improve infrastructure, such as stadiums, at the same time. Yes ANZ stadium could potentially last for a lot longer but the problem is it was poorly designed, not structurally but in other areas.
pretty much this ^

instead they want to turn it into a fantastic rectangular stadium where you dont notice if there are 25k people there or 50k people because everyone has a fantastic vantage point regardless.

hosting the olympics usually screws up infrastructure for a while cause no one uses these specific venues after its built. look at how much we've had to change anz since 1999 (used to be 110k)
Probably should have designed in a way to retrofit the place after the Olympics without too much fuss. Typically short sighted on the part of the Government. I cannot support something that requires demolition of a facility that is state of the art and less than 20 years old just to get people a little closer to the action. The place is absolutely banging whenever the Socceroos play there. Watched the Asian Cup final from the nosebleeds on the Western stand and it was a phenomenal atmosphere.

As I've said previously also, the SFS doesn't warrant an upgrade when the only time you'll see it full is when the A-League has the Sydney derby and maybe for a NRL finals game. Regular Sydney FC games don't fill the stadium, and Easts/Waratahs have about 100 fans.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 10:32 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 7:37 pm
Hey Justin....hows about something from the club on this?
Sydney stadium redevelopment update

Following today’s announcement of the redevelopment of Allianz and ANZ Stadiums Wests Tigers wanted to provide Members and stakeholders with details around the plans.

The New South Wales Government today announced that Allianz and ANZ stadiums will be rebuilt and transformed into world-class facilities, keeping NRL Grand Finals in Sydney for at least the next 25 years.

The investment will fund:
- A new 45,000 – seat stadium to replace Allianz at Moore Park with construction to start in 2018 and open in 2021 (estimate $705 million, subject to tendering process): and
- A new 75,000 – seat rectangular stadium to replace ANZ at Sydney Olympic Park, construction to start in 2019 and open in 2022 (estimated $1.25 billion, subject to tendering process).

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the investment would ensure NSW remains the number one destination for major sporting and entertainment events.

“Fans will be closer to the action than ever before, with steep seating creating a colosseum-inspired wall of sound and colour, enhanced with the world’s most advanced technology,” Ms Berejiklian said.

“This investment means we can compete on the world stage for events such as the FIFA Women’s World Cup, the Rugby World Cup, and keep Sydney as the number one sporting destination.

“This is an investment into our vital tourism industry, which is worth $33.2 billion per year to the NSW economy and supports 164,000 jobs.”

Sport Minister Stuart Ayres said: “We can also announce the NSW Government has secured NRL Grand Finals games for the next 25 years.

The SCG will host one Grand Final in 2020 during the construction phase, and we have organised sequencing so that all other Grand Finals will be played at Allianz (2021 and 2022) and ANZ (2023 to 2044),” Mr Ayres said.

“We have a ‘once in a generation’ opportunity to return NSW to its rightful position as the nation’s premier destination for sport and entertainment events. When we are finished our stadiums will be the envy of the world.”

ANZ and Allianz currently attract a combined 3.5 million visitors per year and contribute more than $1 billion into the economy every year.

Wests Tigers will work with Venues NSW and the NRL on how the redevelopment plans will impact the club. At this stage no timeframe has been put on any decision regarding home grounds during construction.

Source: Members Email..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 10:48 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 10:02 am
pHyR3 wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 2:08 am
cochise wrote:
pretty much this ^

Probably should have designed in a way to retrofit the place after the Olympics without too much fuss. Typically short sighted on the part of the Government. I cannot support something that requires demolition of a facility that is state of the art and less than 20 years old just to get people a little closer to the action. The place is absolutely banging whenever the Socceroos play there. Watched the Asian Cup final from the nosebleeds on the Western stand and it was a phenomenal atmosphere.

As I've said previously also, the SFS doesn't warrant an upgrade when the only time you'll see it full is when the A-League has the Sydney derby and maybe for a NRL finals game. Regular Sydney FC games don't fill the stadium, and Easts/Waratahs have about 100 fans.
I agree it should have been designed in a way that allowed it to be turned into a proper rectangular stadium after the Olympics, the problem is that the AFL convinced the government to keep it an oval. If it wasn't for the Super League war the ARL had plans in place to build and own the Olympic stadium.

There is no doubt that the atmosphere is great at events that are close to the capacity of ANZ, the issue is that it is not great for the majority of events hosted there, there are are serious issues with the rake of the stands in the lower bowl. These problems need to be fixed and really the only way to effectively do this is to tear down the stadium.

Now on the SFS I agree that it doesn't warrant a rebuild, the issue hear was as soon as the the SCG trust slapped terrorism concerns on it they were always going to get their way and get it rebuilt. Imagine if the government said no to the rebuild and a terrorist attack or other emergency happened at the venue.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:16 am

So when will the new Parramatta stadium be finished?
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 1:41 pm

Tacky wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:16 am
I'll be boycotting the new Parra Stadium in protest of them knock down the Pool.
in Ivan we distrust

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 2:21 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 1:41 pm
Tacky wrote:
I'll be boycotting the new Parra Stadium in protest of them knock down the Pool.
I'll be boycotting it because the Wanderers play there.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 3:50 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 2:21 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 1:41 pm
Tacky wrote:
I'll be boycotting it because the Wanderers play there.
I think we should come out of this okay....

Tigers have a 2-3 year deal with the ANZ trust to play games out of ANZ stadium. As part of the Stadium rebuild the NSW Gov buys back ANZ Stadium for $200m, presumable they also them own the contracts ANZ and the WT signed...this means the Government is encumbered to pay out the contract to the WT for this period....so I say(hope) for 6+6 at our home grounds + the Compensation whilst ANZ is being rebuilt!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 5:18 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 10:32 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 7:37 pm
Hey Justin....hows about something from the club on this?
Sydney stadium redevelopment update

Following today’s announcement of the redevelopment of Allianz and ANZ Stadiums Wests Tigers wanted to provide Members and stakeholders with details around the plans.

The New South Wales Government today announced that Allianz and ANZ stadiums will be rebuilt and transformed into world-class facilities, keeping NRL Grand Finals in Sydney for at least the next 25 years.

The investment will fund:
- A new 45,000 – seat stadium to replace Allianz at Moore Park with construction to start in 2018 and open in 2021 (estimate $705 million, subject to tendering process): and
- A new 75,000 – seat rectangular stadium to replace ANZ at Sydney Olympic Park, construction to start in 2019 and open in 2022 (estimated $1.25 billion, subject to tendering process).

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the investment would ensure NSW remains the number one destination for major sporting and entertainment events.

“Fans will be closer to the action than ever before, with steep seating creating a colosseum-inspired wall of sound and colour, enhanced with the world’s most advanced technology,” Ms Berejiklian said.

“This investment means we can compete on the world stage for events such as the FIFA Women’s World Cup, the Rugby World Cup, and keep Sydney as the number one sporting destination.

“This is an investment into our vital tourism industry, which is worth $33.2 billion per year to the NSW economy and supports 164,000 jobs.”

Sport Minister Stuart Ayres said: “We can also announce the NSW Government has secured NRL Grand Finals games for the next 25 years.

The SCG will host one Grand Final in 2020 during the construction phase, and we have organised sequencing so that all other Grand Finals will be played at Allianz (2021 and 2022) and ANZ (2023 to 2044),” Mr Ayres said.

“We have a ‘once in a generation’ opportunity to return NSW to its rightful position as the nation’s premier destination for sport and entertainment events. When we are finished our stadiums will be the envy of the world.”

ANZ and Allianz currently attract a combined 3.5 million visitors per year and contribute more than $1 billion into the economy every year.

Wests Tigers will work with Venues NSW and the NRL on how the redevelopment plans will impact the club. At this stage no timeframe has been put on any decision regarding home grounds during construction.

Source: Members Email..
Ahahahahahaahahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol:

Orly???

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 4:11 pm

Good to see the priority is All(I)an (Jone)z stadium. The NRL has also committed to grand finals and origin games at SCG Trust grounds.
Geez it would be nice to have that level of influence