ANZ Stadium

Wests Tigers Discussion
tigerap

Re: ANZ Stadium

Post by tigerap » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 12:33 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 8:41 am
I think its great and am looking forward to attending both - hope they put in some better quality food and full strength beer
So we need a new stadium in order to serve FSB and better food.....

cochise

Post by cochise » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 12:39 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 12:20 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 23 Nov, 2017 7:03 pm
I am bitterly disappointed this is seen as more important than more beds or quality teachers, even drawing down on the infrastructure debt.
Agree CB. Imagine 2b into our hospital system.
What $102B instead of $100B?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 1:04 pm

cochise wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 12:39 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
I am bitterly disappointed this is seen as more important than more beds or quality teachers, even drawing down on the infrastructure debt.
While emergency departments are burgeoning and people are struggling to get beds in hospital, it's still not enough.

A rebuild of ANZ is a farce. I can cop the SFS but the reality is that only Sydney FC and Easts fans care about the SFS getting a rebuild and neither often fill out the stadium to justify it.

We'll probably have another dip at the Olympics in 10 years and probably knock down the rebuilt ANZ stadium to rebuild a track and field stadium...
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cochise

Post by cochise » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 1:08 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 1:04 pm
cochise wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 12:39 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
While emergency departments are burgeoning and people are struggling to get beds in hospital, it's still not enough.

A rebuild of ANZ is a farce. I can cop the SFS but the reality is that only Sydney FC and Easts fans care about the SFS getting a rebuild and neither often fill out the stadium to justify it.

We'll probably have another dip at the Olympics in 10 years and probably knock down the rebuilt ANZ stadium to rebuild a track and field stadium...
But $2b makes very little impact to those problems, it is literally a 2% increase on the current predicted spend and that's not even factoring in the Education spend. These stadiums will literally cost 1% of the expected spend on Health and Education in the same time frame. People calling for this money to be spent in other areas need to understand how much $2B really is when put into the states budget.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 1:09 pm

You have to keep up with the Jones ,I do not understand the knock down of ANZ (will actually believe it when I see it ..I do not think it will be knocked down in the end it is politics).These 2 stadiums bring revenue to our city of over 1 billion dollars PA .Yes building hospitals and school are great but jobs have to be created and money has to be drawn into the economy it makes the world go round like it or not.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 1:18 pm

Dogs taking more games to Belmore, I hope we follow suit.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 3:41 pm

Hopefully we are smart enough to take advantage of one of these stadiums.

Patts

Post by Patts » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 3:52 pm

I can't stand the thought of playing home games at Parramatta Stadium. No club other than Parramatta has had the advantage of the state government building them TWO brand new stadiums during the last 30 years. It's ludicrous that 3 of the best stadiums in Sydney will be ripped down and rebuilt.

I have no issue in spending money on sporting infrastructure because sport, arts, leisure, etc define who we are as a society and if we only spend money on hospitals, education, etc than what a boring world we would live in. But this decision is wasteful and disgraceful.

That said, I think the Wests Tigers should look to take the greatest advantage out of this. I'm sure Homebush will be the greatest retangular stadium in the world when its finished so lets own it. We will never have a home if we keep playing at three different home grounds each year. I say let's sign a long term lease at the new Homebush stadium on the proviso the club has its own facilities at the ground (eg, change rooms, members bar, etc). And if there's any vacant real estate out there than let's look to Wests Ashfield to start a satellite leagues club out there.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 4:29 pm

In 5 years the state will be crying poor and looking for something else to sell having pissed away all the money from one of the biggest profitable asset sell offs of all time

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 4:53 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 1:18 pm
Im disappointed and not surprised the club hasnt advised of what we are doing when 'our' ground is being demolished

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 5:11 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 4:29 pm
In 5 years the state will be crying poor and looking for something else to sell having pissed away all the money from one of the biggest profitable asset sell offs of all time
Don't think there is anything else to sell!!!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 5:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 4:53 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 1:18 pm
Im disappointed and not surprised the club hasnt advised of what we are doing when 'our' ground is being demolished
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... zrqyr.html

This article says we will play games at Parra but something official from the club would be nice. I suspect they don't want to upset anyone if its true.
Chooks have decided to take their games to the SCG. Its funny how some clubs make the easy decisions look easy.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 12:36 pm

With the rebuilding of ANZ stadium West Tigers will move 4 games to Carrington Park Bathurst.
Well done Pascoe, thanks.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 12:40 pm

Maybe the two home away games next year are preparing us to add an extra couple when this starts.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 1:55 pm

The SFS could do with a revamp, it does feel a bit dated when you go there. ANZ is ridiculous. It's probably the best stadium in the country behind the MCG.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 6:01 pm

Both projects are insanity IMO.

ANZ stadium definitely needs a fix up - it needs to be transfigured into a true rectangular stadium, and the first tier of seating should be steeper to get the fans closer to the action. But a full knock down and rebuild? Surely there's a more cost effective manner to improve the stadium? Not to mention the stadium is less than 20 years old!

Allianz - another ridiculous waste of money. The SCG trust came up with the spin that the stadium was unsafe, and so instead of doing an upgrade we're doing another full knock down and rebuild on a stadium that will only be full 2 or 3 times a year (ANZAC day, and A-league derby). All other marquee events (origin, grand final, bledisloe, socceroos) etc are played at Homebush, so I ask, do the Roosters, Waratahs and Sydney FC really need a new $700M stadium?

I'd argue Parramatta didn't need to be knocked down either, but that's done now, so I'll leave it.

The NSW government has been kissed in the butt with a rainbow via the property boom, and they have too much money to know what to do with. The bubble will burst eventually - let's just hope the government puts some money away for a rainy day.
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

BigUnit

Post by BigUnit » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 7:06 pm

we wasted chance to make ANZ great after the olympics but the Gayfl and Cricket spoilt a chance for an awesome rectangular ground with steep seating

So bring on the bulldozer to make a world class stadium. Even though the original reconfiguration would of been good enough.

Allianz with no roof seems a wasted oppurtunity

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 7:37 pm

Hey Justin....hows about something from the club on this?